Sept 20th San Diego

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Sept 20th San Diego

Post by toomilk »

1-day tickets just went on sale for the Street Scene festival.
They come out to a whopping total of $65 (w/o service charges, etc).

:shock:

Jason & Co: please play a small club date the night before!!!!
flamingrev
Known user

Re: Sept 20th San Diego

Post by flamingrev »

Ugh!

I

hate

festivals.

LOL that's probably the grumpiest sentence I've ever typed. Next: puppies are over-rated, rainbows are a nuisance.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Another great show. The sound was good and loud, but the crowd sucked. About ten 16 year old indie scumbags left in the middle of their set. There were also a few weird tweaked-out old people twirling around. Made me realize why I hate going to shows in San Diego - no one gives a shit. The set list was exactly the same as the hollywood bowl show. The Echo show still kicked this one's ass. However, I liked this show because you could really hear the keyboards, which were awesome on "Lay Back..." and "Cheapster". An enjoyable cap to 3 (free!-for me) spz shows in 4 days...

As for the rest of Saturday: X was ok and Devo were surprisingly good. The National are one of my favorite new bands, but their set didn't sound that great. I didn't really see/hear anything else because I stayed where the beer was the entire day and mentally blocked out the sounds that were coming from Tegan and Sara.
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

ya know i wanted to check out 'the national' but we opted to bop home really quick to have some drinks and pills and come back to catch DEVO.

hey toomilk, i think you met a acquintance of mine recently at your store. she's gleb, she used to post round here.