Marcus Isaacs' documentaries

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TogetherWeCan
Known user

Marcus Isaacs' documentaries

Post by TogetherWeCan »

I watched two amazing documentaries lately by some guy called Marcus Isaacs.

This one where he just stands in a London tower block lift with a camera for a week (much more interesting than it sounds). Released by Future Shorts I think, which is really worth signing up to if you're into this type of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNAvyLCTik

and the other ‘Outside The Court’ was even better. It was filmed outside a court on Holloway Road in London and charters people’s experience of the justice system… well kind of. It’s my local area too so I’ll be looking out for the ‘stars’ of the show whenever on the bus travelling down Holloway Road now.

Outside The Court was on the BBC at some point I think. I downloaded it. Both really fascinating and give you a proper insight into other peoples (sometimes wonky) lives. They were pretty moving in parts I thought... but then maybe that’s just because I’m a big softy.
TogetherWeCan
Known user

Re: Marcus Isaacs' documentaries

Post by TogetherWeCan »

So did anyone take a peak then? They sound dull as fek but I think they're wonderful documentaries. Such simple concepts but it just works.

Be interested to see what others thought?
scratch
Known user

Re: Marcus Isaacs' documentaries

Post by scratch »

..sort of started thinking about Jaques Tati and Roy Andersson and non-LOL humour that works well together with the mundane and dull as well as tragedy.. (life i guess) but those two directors don´t make docs.
I enjoy things that seem dull and yet isn´t, so yes, I liked it (lift).
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"