boardwalk empire

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bunnyben
Known user

boardwalk empire

Post by bunnyben »

watched the first few epiosodes then got bored. like a lot of hbo it has a mildly good idea but is executed in a slap dash way- with lots of naked women and sex and violence trying to distract from the fact of coherent storyline. i think the best hbo series i've seen is rome but then you are dealing with a great historical period (which i guess could be argued for boardwalk...)
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
BVCP206
Known user

Re: boardwalk empire

Post by BVCP206 »

My HBO fave is Deadwood I think this was as near to how the Wild West actually was as you could get :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
marmalade
Known user

Post by marmalade »

like you i got bored with Deadwood, but after having some free time i carried on watching the episodes i had and got right into it . . . . so perseverance may be the key :wink:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

marmalade wrote:like you i got bored with Deadwood, but after having some free time i carried on watching the episodes i had and got right into it . . . . so perseverance may be the key :wink:
I never got bored with it but agree it is a slow burner but boy does it get there in the end :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

bunnyben wrote:watched the first few epiosodes then got bored. like a lot of hbo it has a mildly good idea but is executed in a slap dash way- with lots of naked women and sex and violence trying to distract from the fact of coherent storyline. i think the best hbo series i've seen is rome but then you are dealing with a great historical period (which i guess could be argued for boardwalk...)
What ? no way just finished watching series two and it was superb ,great writing ,acting and a series end like a punch in the face (only in a good way) :shock:
also whats wrong with naked women ,sex and violence in a tv show? Mary Whitehouse :wink:,
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I haven't started in on season 2 of Boardwalk Empire yet, but I liked season 1. I agree that Deadwood was excellent, but I also liked Six Feet Under immensely. Game of Thrones is fantastic, too.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

TheWarmth wrote:I haven't started in on season 2 of Boardwalk Empire yet, but I liked season 1. I agree that Deadwood was excellent, but I also liked Six Feet Under immensely. Game of Thrones is fantastic, too.
agreed on all counts. season 2 of BE is ace, by the way. i'd say better than the first.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Superb ending to series 3, really left me hanging for another 10 episodes. Still my fave programme on telly.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five