Known user

Re: SPZ Font

Post by Hofstadter »

Helvetica. Same as American Apparel.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

It's not just standard Helvetica though. it is Helvetica Neue which is a refined version of the original. To be very precise I would say that since about 2002 most good typographers would be using the Helvetice Neue 'LT' cut.

It is also existely kerned. so if you are replicating it then keep that in mind, each letter will need adjustment.

The typography on all Spz albums since LAGWAFIS has been of an incredibly high level.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

That's cool I didn't know that! Somebody actually just recommended the documentary about Helvetica to me the other night. Have you seen it and/or would recommend it?
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Hofstadter wrote:That's cool I didn't know that! Somebody actually just recommended the documentary about Helvetica to me the other night. Have you seen it and/or would recommend it?

Definitely worth a watch if you're a designer. I've seen it and enjoyed it.

B,

M
Design.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Oh wow no I've never heard of it... I will definitely seek it out though. I do find typography fascinating.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

gassjack wrote:Oh wow no I've never heard of it... I will definitely seek it out though. I do find typography fascinating.
Hey Gassjack,

You would like my blog that I founded with a few people and have contributors — www.typetoken.net

Best,

Mark
Design.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Oh brilliant - thanks - I'll have a look now.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Very good documentary on Helvetica and the typographer that designed it. As you probably know it is the world's most widely used font. Nice, clean and easy to read.