Shut Up & Play The Hits

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

johnnyboy
Known user

Shut Up & Play The Hits

Post by johnnyboy »

Did anyone go and see the LCD Soundsystem movie the other night? Filmed during their last show at Madison Square Gardens, plus before and after, creating a brilliant documentary of a great band. The post show realization of what he'd done was pretty emotional, he looked lost and hungover the next day.

The live footage was brilliant, culminating in a delightfully ecstatic balloon drop at the end, with a twinge of sadness that that was it, no more LCD Soundsystem. Tears on stage, tears in the crowd, joy everywhere. So glad I saw them live a good few times.

The dvd release features the whole 4 hr show plus the documentary film. Well worth grabbing if you're a fan.
Minky
Known user

Re: Shut Up & Play The Hits

Post by Minky »

I was at the show but I haven't seen the film yet. I see it's on itunes but I'm going to wait for the dvd. It was a great show and a marathon set, although it was sort of bizarre seeing them in such a large venue.
sunray
Known user

Re: Shut Up & Play The Hits

Post by sunray »

Haven't seen the film but myself and a friend watched the live stream of the last gig. Hooked the laptop to the telly, got the beers and sundries in and had a little goodbye party. Saw them live 4 or 5 times and they were really good. Pretty sure they'll be back at some stage.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five