Poster Design

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

rameses
Known user

Poster Design

Post by rameses »

Found this while searching google for some cover art to finish tagging up my mp3s.

http://alanhynes.com/blog/?p=943#more

Some nice work.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
sunray
Known user

Re: Poster Design

Post by sunray »

Very nice indeed 8)
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Geez, what a bummer these posters didn't get printed. They're fantastic. I definitely like them better than the one I bought at the recent Lincoln Hall show. I also wonder if the artist got paid at all.
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

The same thing happened to me! I was going to screen print and letterpress a poster for their last show in Washington DC. and never got final approval..
Ill try and dig up the art if anyone wants to see it...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I really like that syringe version. 2nd from last. I wonder if this person posts here?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I haven't seen any official posters recently apart from the Radio City soundwave/NY skyline one, and can't remember what was for sale at recent gigs I've been at unfortunately.

However all the Alan Hynes designs look really impressive, and I'm very sorry I'll not get the chance to buy them - given what he says on the site. Such a shame as all look like they'll scale up well to make fantastic "large" poster size pieces of art!

I wonder given the impunity with which unofficial tshirts sell on eBay, what potential problems any enterprising folks who knocked up a small batch of decent sized and good quality prints would encounter?

Ideally I'd prefer a UK specific version in respect of the gig details, but as they stand I'd still be keen to aquire one or two as long as they weren't stupid high prices like those £50+ Ladies and gentlemen... live show shirts.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

There was a poster available at the recent Chicago show. I bought one and posted a photo of it in the thread about that gig.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I left a message with the artist, and suggested that there was enough interest in these posters, (although they were ultimately not used), they are quite good, and those of us interested in Art and Spiritualized in particular, would like to own a copy or 2 of each one. I hope he agrees, I especially like the syringe of Rainbow drawn from the Morphea bottle.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

semisynthetic wrote:I left a message with the artist, and suggested that there was enough interest in these posters, (although they were ultimately not used), they are quite good, and those of us interested in Art and Spiritualized in particular, would like to own a copy or 2 of each one. I hope he agrees, I especially like the syringe of Rainbow drawn from the Morphea bottle.
That's great.. please do let us know if you here anything. One of the designs is currently my desktop!
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]