Fucked Up Inside art

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Starfish
Known user

Fucked Up Inside art

Post by Starfish »

An interesting little snippet, I don't know if anyone has seen.
Johnson Banks is, I guess, a design consultancy and there's this article on their website about how new design companies should expect to create stuff that won't be all that good, especially in their early days.

https://www.johnsonbanks.co.uk/thoughts ... oon-period
...Very few design companies start-up perfectly formed and producing perfect work, even those starting straight from post-grad perfection. One of the most admired 'straight out of college' companies, Graphic Thought Facility admit their first few years were less than memorable.
When approached to design a sleeve for Spiritualized in the early 90s (the album 'Fucked up inside'), they freely admit that the project spiralled into chaos and acquired a studio nickname of 'Fucked up outside'.
˜We had proposed a combination of process and subject matter that could have been used in a very fresh way but ended up very obvious and heavy handed," explains Andy Stevens.
˜This was really to do with naivety in controlling the personalities and politics of the situation and we in effect lost creative control of the outcome - a crying shame but a good learning curve.
"We were that fed up with it that we didn't bother to get more than one file copy."
good dope/good fun
Known user

Re: Fucked Up Inside art

Post by good dope/good fun »

Sounds about right.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Fucked Up Inside art

Post by BzaInSpace »

That sleeve - like the live album - remains a beautiful piece of art. I wonder what went down?
O P 8