Movies and Shows you've watched multiple times

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

nghst
Known user

Movies and Shows you've watched multiple times

Post by nghst »

Most recently I got fixated on Joker starring Joaquin Phoenix. It's an incredible acting performance for which he won an Oscar. I've watched it five times.

I've watched Stalker by the Soviet director Tarkovsky multiple times. I think it's the search for meaning in life by three men heading out into the wilderness that gets me.

That's it for now. I may remember more later.
sunray
Known user

Re: Movies and Shows you've watched multiple times

Post by sunray »

Ideal, Detectorists, The Trip and Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Terence Malick`s Thin Red Line, must have watched it about 15/20 times, prefer to be on my own to watch it now, cinematography is stunning, brutal - very brutal in places - and touching, the multiple big stars just float through in small/ medium supporting roles, Guadalcanal, the island being the real star,
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Still Game, Frasier (don't tell anyone), Seinfeld, Parks and Recreation.

Fuck, my COVID tastes are shit.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

What's wrong with Frasier?
Last edited by sunray on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Performance, starring James Fox & Mick Jagger. Must have seen it 30 times and on each viewing I pick something else up. Not just the greatest British film ever made but the greatest soundtrack to any film ever made!

As far as Sunray's response on Frasier goes.... I can't watch any Father Ted or Black Books anymore after Graham Linehan's deeply offensive transphobic stance. Not acceptable. In terms of fallen heroes we could get onto Eric Clapton - although he isn't a TV or film star - but that's quite a can of worms to open.

Oh, and I like Frasier too. Niles is one of my favourite TV comic characters of all time.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Only series I have re-watched:
This Is England
The Wire
Alf
Friday Night Lights
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

runcible wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm As far as Sunray's response on Frasier goes.... I can't watch any Father Ted or Black Books anymore after Graham Linehan's deeply offensive transphobic stance. Not acceptable. In terms of fallen heroes we could get onto Eric Clapton - although he isn't a TV or film star - but that's quite a can of worms to open.

Oh, and I like Frasier too. Niles is one of my favourite TV comic characters of all time.
The amount of people i know who have no idea of Linehan's recent years is considerably large. Personally, i have no issue with watching his earlier works, they're still funny to me. It's the old 'separting the art and the artist' chestnut again.

Yep, Niles is wonderful.
Last edited by sunray on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

sunray
even a sly wink doesn’t make that joke funny.
please reconsider.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

ro wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:37 pm sunray
even a sly wink doesn’t make that joke funny.
please reconsider.
After a very civil discussion with ro i have removed said joke. Carry on.... :arrow:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

My go-to movies are usually Airplane, Bad Taste, Brain Dead, Blues Brothers, The Raid or Clerks. If i'm in the mood for something specific (korean, horror, thriller, etc.) i might choose other favourites, but those above are all-round, any-time movies for me.

Not really one for setting out to rewatching TV shows. Usually exhausted after watching series upon series of something and tend not to go back to it. Black Books is my all time favourite TV show but, as mentioned above, its been tarnished a bit. Still love Dylan Moran as a comedian though :) Bottom is always great for a laugh. Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson are brilliant in it. The slapstick violence and general chaos those to bring always has me in stitches.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Blakes 7 and classic Doctor Who are like albums to me. In the same way that I'm currently listening to Sould Kiss for, well, who knows how many times I've listened to it, several hundred I'm sure, I can similarly lie in bed at the end of the day and pop an episode of either onto the tablet.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

thank you, sunray.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

My assumption was that toomilk was referring to the fact that Frasier is a pretty mainstream, non edgy sitcom. Nothing wrong with that. It's not one of my favourites but it's very well written.

The whole debate on 'separating the art from the artist' could be a whole thread of its own! And is sometimes very tricky.
Laz69 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am Not really one for setting out to rewatching TV shows.
I'm the other way round! I find good tv shows pretty rewatchable, especially comedy shows (less so big convoluted dramas). With films it's very rare I watch them more than 2 or 3 times. Although there are some exceptions. I'm sure like a lot of people my Covid viewing has kinda been comfort viewing. Something you know inside out and the comfort of what you know . Rewatched the US Office for the umpteenth time, The Thick Of It also seems to be one I can put on any time, Partridge I have watched far too many times. And yep, Seinfeld.

In terms of the movies I've watched the most.. Aliens must be way out ahead. And in terms of comedy, any of the Austin Powers movies. Just good stupid fun.

Big deep artful films have their place, but not so sure they are rewatchable. e.g. I'm in no hurry to put on Schindler's List again!
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Derek, a Ricky Gervais Netflix show set in a nursing home, I must have watched 5 times by now. It's probably the funniest and most heartfelt show I've ever seen.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

sunray wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:43 pm What's wrong with Frasier?
I feel like Frasier is shunned for being too basic and too white in the States (or at least in my friend group). Niles is my favorite TV character out of everything I've watched.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

nghst wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:50 pm Derek, a Ricky Gervais Netflix show set in a nursing home, I must have watched 5 times by now. It's probably the funniest and most heartfelt show I've ever seen.
The episode that ends with Radiohead`s Bones gets me every time, beautiful, knew the song for yrs but never made the connection till this show,
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Bronson starring Tom Hardy is a favourite of mine and one I've rewatched a lot lately. For me the best performance Tom Hardy has given. And the underrated Matt King is also brilliant too. Sort of an art-house A Clockwork Orange, with a perfect blend of humour and darkness. And I quote it far too often, usually falling on deaf ears because not many people are that familiar with it. Watching it always lifts me up.
neil_jung
Known user

Post by neil_jung »

[youtube][/youtube]
sunray wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 pm
runcible wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm As far as Sunray's response on Frasier goes.... I can't watch any Father Ted or Black Books anymore after Graham Linehan's deeply offensive transphobic stance. Not acceptable. In terms of fallen heroes we could get onto Eric Clapton - although he isn't a TV or film star - but that's quite a can of worms to open.

The amount of people i know who have no idea of Linehan's recent years is considerably large. Personally, i have no issue with watching his earlier works, they're still funny to me. It's the old 'separting the art and the artist' chestnut again.

Yep, Niles is wonderful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUJfjcE2lPs&t=32s
I’ve been visiting morgues and monasteries
Looking for the necessary body parts
Limbs and livers and brains and hearts
I want to bring someone to life - is what I want to do
I want to create my own version of you

dylan
neil_jung
Known user

Post by neil_jung »

(CNN)Frasier Crane is still listening.

The hit 90s sitcom "Frasier" is set to return to screens, with Kelsey Grammer reprising his role as radio psychiatrist Frasier Crane in the reboot, ViacomCBS confirmed Wednesday.
The show, which ended 17 years ago, starred Grammer in the persnickety titular character and was a ratings success during its 11-year run. It will be a flagship offering on ViacomCBS's new streaming service Paramount+.
It will be the second time Grammer, 66, reprises the role that has defined his career -- having first appeared as Crane in the mid-80s on the equally beloved series "Cheers."
But there was no word as to whether his supporting cast members will join him in the new series, meaning the future of Frasier's brother Niles, played by David Hyde Pierce, and Jane Leeves' Daphne remain unclear.
Paramount+: Here's everything you need to know about ViacomCBS' new streaming service
Paramount+: Here's everything you need to know about ViacomCBS' new streaming service
"Frasier's back -- and he's more exactly the same than ever," ViacomCBS said in a statement Wednesday. "Kelsey Grammer reprises his role as the Dr. Frasier Crane."
Paramount+ added it was bringing back "one of the most highly acclaimed, most successful comedy series of all time."
"The revival will have everything you love about the original: coziness, great writing, and of course, a cast led by Kelsey Grammer," the streaming service said. No date was given for the revival.
CNN has contacted Grammer's representatives for comment.
One of the most successful spin-offs in TV history, the show followed Crane back to his hometown of Seattle and introduced a number of new characters that had not existed in "Cheers." It went on to make a name of its own, enjoying 11 popular years on the air.
Its return was announced during a launch event for Paramount+, which will begin streaming on March 4. Other shows confirmed included anthology crime series "American Tragedy" and dark comedy "Guilty Party," while films including the sequel to "A Quiet Place" and the seventh "Mission Impossible" installment will come to the service after their theatrical run.
ViacomCBS has been heavily promoting the platform, a rebrand of the existing service CBS All Access, including with several TV spots during the Super Bowl earlier this month
I’ve been visiting morgues and monasteries
Looking for the necessary body parts
Limbs and livers and brains and hearts
I want to bring someone to life - is what I want to do
I want to create my own version of you

dylan
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Jaws multiple times & countless different Hammer Horror films. Another achilles heel on the collecting front :lol:
'Remember, change is not good'