Inglorious Basterds

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Laz69
Known user

Inglorious Basterds

Post by Laz69 »

Haven't seen this mentioned on here yet, but its a bloody great film!!!! 8) 8) 8)

I recommnd it very highly!!! :D :D
mark
Known user

Re: Inglorious Basterds

Post by mark »

its alright
first 25 mins, amazing
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I remember this being getting a right bashing when it came out, particularly in the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug ... -tarantino) so I swerved it when it was on at the cinema. May have to give it a go when its released on DVD. Went to see Zombieland yesterday which was actually really funny and very enjoyable, especially if you're not in the mood for a high-brow film. Woody Harelson is great in it and, without giving anything away, there's a brilliant cameo role in it too.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
carlpurkins
Known user

Post by carlpurkins »

I really enjoyed it. I read somewhere that Tarantino was influenced by "Where Eagles Dare". It's a very different film but the influence is easy to spot.

I like the way it's pure escapism - especially the OTT ending.. good value for money!

The opening scenes mirror the opening Lee Van Cleef scene in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". The chief Nazi is brilliantly sinister - easily one of Tarantino's greatest characters.

My big issue was with the two scenes of gratuitous violence, which spoil the film a bit. The chief Nazi guy succeeds in being terrifying without actually doing that much to justify his (clearly true reputation). The audience accepts just how much of a baddy he is, so what we don't need is a visual image of how Brad Pitt's gang earned their reputation - words would have been enough to cement the point. Violence not needed in my view.

Very good film though.