Spiritiualized Syncronicity Cinema

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

citizensmurf
Known user

Spiritiualized Syncronicity Cinema

Post by citizensmurf »

Anyone ever pair up a film with one of their albums to see if it syncs ala Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz. The music seems to lend itself for this kind of experiment.
Laz69
Known user

Re: Spiritiualized Syncronicity Cinema

Post by Laz69 »

The Spiritualized Oddyssey project took lots of their tracks and placed them all over Kubrik's "2001: A Space Oddyssey" and worked ok. Not perfect, but still a cool soundtrack to have over the top!
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Spiritiualized Syncronicity Cinema et al

Post by semisynthetic »

For many years, at home and at work, I have had films/DVD's/live security video feeds on screens while various, often random music played in the background.
Sometimes these experiments in ambience are fantastic. I often watch films of NASA looped so as to be a perpetual orbital scene, this lends itself beautifully to a wide array of music which acts not so much as a soundtrack, but instead the video seems to act in reinforcement of the music. For example, I can have the Orbital loops on several screens in the music room and about the house while playing, as I am now, "Another day on Earth" (Eno). It works out beautifully. Classical music goes very well with nature videos and Looney Toons. Extremely melancholy Russian standards seem to fit the evening news. I have a few computer programs that visually echo the sounds one hears, but frankly a well tuned oscilloscope on camera and then exported about is superior in my opinion. I like the analog properties inherent in the oscilloscope. I would prefer fractals for many selections however. Anyway, you can have a lot of fun, and create interesting video-sound plays. An old friend who still plays in a band, will, to this day introduce me with the "televison" and "radio" being the instruments that I play well. One more thought, the 1927 film "Metropolis" goes very well with Kraftwerk, preferably "Metropolis and Die Roboter" in the original german. "Metropolis" has been revamped, cleaned up and made nearly complete and available on DVD. Have fun.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus