What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible, MODLAB

niamhm
Known user
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by niamhm »

Laz69 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 pm
I had the Mary Chain in Glasgow next week @ Barras and they are threatening similar action here. Just waiting to hear. My better half is also starting to stress about our Portugal break at the end of April.

Don't get me wrong, i understand it serious, but i do think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion. The fear mongering and panic spread by the fucking press is outrageous.

Not fucking happy... :evil:
Me too Laz, bit annoyed as I`ve been looking forward to this one for a while, only consolation is it`ll probably be rescheduled for later in the yr

sunray
Known user
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by sunray »

Laz69 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 pm
My better half is also starting to stress about our Portugal break at the end of April.

Don't get me wrong, i understand it serious, but i do think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion. The fear mongering and panic spread by the fucking press is outrageous.

Not fucking happy... :evil:
We're supposed to be heading off for a week in the sun next week. Fuck knows what'll happen :roll:

Agree on the fear mongering. Bonkers.
You wanna help stop war? Well we reject your application. You crack too many jokes and you eat meat.
https://soundcloud.com/the-balsaw-garden-party

niamhm
Known user
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by niamhm »

Got tickets for 4 gigs before the end of April which I guess will be turning into Gigs I`ve Got Coming Up I wont Be Going To Just Yet. I see RSD has been postponed along with tours all over the place, going to have quite a knock on effect in the music/ live music industry area,

spacemanrich
Known user
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: s.f.

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by spacemanrich »

Might not have anymore future concerts because of the virus. Coachella has been pushed back. Major sporting events have been postponed/cancelled including English Premier League, Serie A, March Madness ( college basketball tournament ), NBA, etc.

Each city, county, state dictate their own laws. Some cities you can't gather with more than 100+ due to the virus. Trader Joe's (owned by Aldi in the States) is limiting people inside their stores now. :oops:

rapideye
Known user
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by rapideye »

So, maybe we need a 'What gigs were you supposed to attend but have now been postponed?' a bit depressing? For me, Nick Cave in London in May has been postponed. Pretty gutted as it would be great but also my Wife and I were having our first night away without Kids to head off to see it. Never-mind, the sun has been out the last few days and it'll come around again. Of course, I'm now thinking I might be able to get tickets for the Amsterdam gig instead :twisted: Silver linings.

ro
Known user
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: LET THE LIGHT BE FOREVER GREEN

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by ro »

... or maybe we need a “what virtual gigs do you have coming up?” theme.

for me, Low on their IG live every friday has been a godsend, along with all the terrific deejays doing live sets. robyn hitchcock and emma swift each week on stageit has been lovely as well, but other than those i don’t have good leads on what’s out there.

what live-from-home quarantine gigs have you found out there, and who are you looking forward to seeing?

toomilk
Known user
Posts: 2871
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:40 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by toomilk »

I watch Robyn Hitchcock's shows every week. Seems like Dean and Britta do one every month, which have been fantastic. Sharon Van Etten did one that was pretty good.

Last Thursday Angel Olsen did a "live" (it def wasn't a live stream) show in a church/studio in North Carolina that was absolutely fantastic. The woman operating the camera was moving around Angel and the sound was perfect.

I think the bottom line is that I'm not getting stir crazy seeing that I've missed so many shows I had tickets for this year. Missed Swans, Kraftwerk, Stereolab, Quasi, Nick Cave, Echo and the Bunnymen, among a few others I can't remember right now.

I miss going to shows so much. I teared up watching the Dean and Britta shows and straight cried watching Angel Olsen. It wasn't because the songs were sad. It was because I miss watching music being made. I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant

spzretent
Site Admin
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: Motor City
Contact:

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by spzretent »

toomilk wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am
I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)

olan
Known user
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:42 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:24 pm
toomilk wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am
I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
We've got another 4.5 years of our bumbling fuckwit of a PM. He has been even more disastrous that Trump in terms of deaths/capita. I refuse to to hate anyone or anything but I have absolutely zero fucks to give about the regime responsible for the last decade of decline, despair and now death in the UK.

spzretent
Site Admin
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: Motor City
Contact:

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by spzretent »

olan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm
spzretent wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:24 pm
toomilk wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am
I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
We've got another 4.5 years of our bumbling fuckwit of a PM. He has been even more disastrous that Trump in terms of deaths/capita. I refuse to to hate anyone or anything but I have absolutely zero fucks to give about the regime responsible for the last decade of decline, despair and now death in the UK.
I don't use the word hate lightly but in this case it is apropos. I hate Trump and the damage, division and death he has caused here. The relentless flow of shit from this administration is exhausting to put it mildly. Our history? No idea why traitors and losers are celebrated here. Makes zero sense. The racism? Lets hope this is the start of some meaningful change.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)

purespace
Known user
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by purespace »

spzretent wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm
olan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm
spzretent wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:24 pm
toomilk wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am
I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
We've got another 4.5 years of our bumbling fuckwit of a PM. He has been even more disastrous that Trump in terms of deaths/capita. I refuse to to hate anyone or anything but I have absolutely zero fucks to give about the regime responsible for the last decade of decline, despair and now death in the UK.
I don't use the word hate lightly but in this case it is apropos. I hate Trump and the damage, division and death he has caused here. The relentless flow of shit from this administration is exhausting to put it mildly. Our history? No idea why traitors and losers are celebrated here. Makes zero sense. The racism? Lets hope this is the start of some meaningful change.
Agreed!
I think I feel it coming on

ro
Known user
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: LET THE LIGHT BE FOREVER GREEN

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by ro »

agreed as well. beyond worst nightmares.

thanks, toomilk, for that list.

sunray
Known user
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by sunray »

Even though i had plenty of gigs lined up for 2020, surprisingly, i don't miss them at all. Probably because there's none on anywhere.
If it were a case of shows taking place and me not being able to attend well then i'd be fairly pissed off, otherwise no, not an issue. Glad of the break to be honest; money saved, no driving up and down to the city whilst tired, no parking issues, no dealing with wankers in the audience (What a miserable old cunt i am :lol: ).

I have no interest in virtual gigs or listening parties. Tried a couple but not for me.

Oh, apologies to our American friends but Trump will be voted back in.
You wanna help stop war? Well we reject your application. You crack too many jokes and you eat meat.
https://soundcloud.com/the-balsaw-garden-party

angelsighs
Known user
Posts: 4610
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 pm
Even though i had plenty of gigs lined up for 2020, surprisingly, i don't miss them at all. Probably because there's none on anywhere.
If it were a case of shows taking place and me not being able to attend well then i'd be fairly pissed off, otherwise no, not an issue. Glad of the break to be honest; money saved, no driving up and down to the city whilst tired, no parking issues, no dealing with wankers in the audience (What a miserable old cunt i am :lol: ).
I’m kind of feeling that way too. This year I was kinda going more for quality over quantity with gigs anyway. If others were able to go, I would have ‘fear of missing out’ but that doesn’t apply here. Saving a fair few quid too!
It was a little nauseating for the grumpy side of me, how much hype there was on the Glastonbury weekend, people doing “Glasto at home” etc. and the beeb filling out the gaps in the schedule with old live sets. they do realise Glastonbury doesn’t actually happen every year anyway?
The bigger issue is what the music industry will look like on the other side of all this.
toomilk wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am
Last Thursday Angel Olsen did a "live" (it def wasn't a live stream) show in a church/studio in North Carolina that was absolutely fantastic. The woman operating the camera was moving around Angel and the sound was perfect.
That’s interesting- it’s great that she’s putting a lot of work into it etc. but if it’s not fully live it begs the question, why wouldn’t I just find another live set of hers on youtube and watch it back? Although I do realise they are pretty unique sets, and you can make requests and stuff.

Post Reply