what v i r t u a l gigs do you have coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible, MODLAB

ro
Known user

what v i r t u a l gigs do you have coming up?

Post by ro »

with winter coming on
with no live gigs anytime soon
..please post your upcoming online events!

here’s mine:
every friday at 4pm edt, alan & mimi/LOW do a little set from their living room. it’s become a great comfort during this time

https://instagram.com/lowtheband?igshid=1k519iy0r3f54
ro
Known user

Re: what v i r t u a l gigs do you have coming up?

Post by ro »

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I'm tempted by the Earthless one too. But I am a bit dubious about how enjoyable this kind of thing would be.
I know they are cheaper than a normal gig but I'm still unsure. It is important to try and support bands though.
Ride did one a few weeks ago which I didn't go for but apparently was a shambles- piss poor connection etc. If you're just watching it back later what's the point.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

yah, i can totally understand that, sighs. it’s so weird watching via video.

and stageit is not the most inviting platform. i’ve been watching robyn hitchcock & emma swift a lot, and it’ll cut out from time to time, but you just reload and get back in the swing of things. i find it really enjoyable in the end.

i’m biased, i suppose, due to my illness and inability to attend gigs for a few years now. so being part of a live event, even with bad production, is really fulfilling.

the recent rough trade east thurston moore show was beautifully done, so much so it made me forget it was live, which speaks to your point: i’d rather have watched a video of that, bc that’s what it felt like (aside from between-songs talk)

but acts like low or dean and britta in their living room feel worth it to me. it’s casual and intimate. even the 2-20K attendance DJ sets on IG feel so genuine, bc you’ve got that basic ingredient: a gifted artist in their home doing what they love. the power of that purity really comes through.

i also love watching my friends’ bands on FB live :D

i guess everyone’s still trying to figure this all out, bands, promoters, us...

anyway, i’m very curious what virtual gigs are out there. i don’t know how else to find them!