UK Shows

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

sunray
Known user

UK Shows

Post by sunray »

Apparently UK Regional shows to be announced on Thursday with tickets on sale Friday April 1st at 10am.

Info from http://twitter.com/officialSpzd

Had posted this in the Twitter thread but figured there was more chance of it being seen here. April Fool maybe? Could they be so cruel?!!! :lol:
Last edited by sunray on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
toomilk
Known user

Re: Uk Shows

Post by toomilk »

:shock:
coolwaves
Known user

Re: UK Shows

Post by coolwaves »

Bristol Academy on Sunday Oct 9th is the only one i know of so far.

Tickets available from Ticketweb on Friday.

Hoping for a Manchester one 8)
coolwaves
Known user

Post by coolwaves »

Leamington Spa on Wednesday 5th October

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/SPIRITU ... bly/551984

Tickets on sale now. Box office collection.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

coolwaves wrote:Leamington Spa on Wednesday 5th October

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/SPIRITU ... bly/551984

Tickets on sale now. Box office collection.
yesss!! that's right on my doorstep!! the band played there in 2009 so they must like the venue.

how are you getting all this info coolwaves? thanks a lot.
coolwaves
Known user

Post by coolwaves »

The Bristol one was mentioned in my daily gettothefront.co.uk email. Then did a bit of a nosey on the ticket websites to find the Leamington one.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Nothing as of yet on the prescription page (even checked the gigs section).
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
coolwaves
Known user

Post by coolwaves »

Dublin show also showing on Ticketmaster now. Friday 7th October, Vicar Street. Onsale 9am Friday.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

The Legendary Venue that is the Edinburgh Queen's Hall... :D
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

BzaInSpace wrote:The Legendary Venue that is the Edinburgh Queen's Hall... :D
great venue, but are the acoustics suitable for a full-on electric show?
coolwaves
Known user

Post by coolwaves »

The bloody academy in Manchester :(

Was hoping for the Ritz, or anywhere other than the Academy really. How disappointing.

Queens Hall in Edinburgh looks great, never been there. I think Yo La Tengo are playing there soon?
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

coolwaves wrote:Dublin show also showing on Ticketmaster now. Friday 7th October, Vicar Street. Onsale 9am Friday.

Dont you just love Friday night gigs :D
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Manchester on Saturday at a crap venue. Bristol the following day at a venue not much better. Then a night in Bath and on to London for the RAH. I can see a possible tour happening. 

Purespace, toomilk... when do you guys fly over?
What more can the heart of a man desire?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

To grumblers about Manchester - it could be a lot worse. Like the Apollo which rates as possible the worst venue I have ever been to. Shit sound, shit security, shit bar prices and shit to get to and from. So I'm relieved about that.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Shaun wrote:Manchester on Saturday at a crap venue. Bristol the following day at a venue not much better. Then a night in Bath and on to London for the RAH. I can see a possible tour happening. 

Not sure yet...but I'm thinking my trip will last a bit longer than first expected.........
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm trying to work out details of a mini-tour trip. Anyone else interested, click on the little "Chat" button on the top right corner of the page.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

toomilk wrote:I'm trying to work out details of a mini-tour trip.
I could possibly do the Manchester and Bristol leg of your mini-tour trip.
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

angelsighs wrote:
I've seen Elbow play there in 2005 and Richard Hawley on a couple of occasions, I think the sound holds up pretty well for an electric show there. Got to be better than any of Edinburgh's other venues surely? The Picture House smells of feet and the Corn Exchange is The Worst Venue In The World.
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Incidentally, has anyone successfully obtained Edinburgh tickets yet? Do they go on sale at 9am? The link on the Queens Hall website still doesn't work, and the show is not appearing on the PCL Presents site that the gigs page links to...

EDIT: The Queens Hall box office doesn't open until 10am, maybe the tickets will be available then. It doesn't say anywhere that tickets are on sale at 9am, to be fair.
Last edited by One Asian Under A Groove on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Manchester, Bristol and Dublin seem to be through Ticketmaster. Just got mine for Manchester.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Spiritual ... ist/749732
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I've had no luck on any of them. Seetickets seems to be down. I also don't want to pay out my butt for Ticketmaster...

EDIT: of course, right when i type this, I get my Manchester and Bristol tickets....
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Panic over: the Queens Hall website has made the link live. 2 tickets booked!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

toomilk wrote:
Shaun wrote:Manchester on Saturday at a crap venue. Bristol the following day at a venue not much better. Then a night in Bath and on to London for the RAH. I can see a possible tour happening. 

Not sure yet...but I'm thinking my trip will last a bit longer than first expected.........
still working out details as well but have secured tickets for Edinburgh, Dublin and RAH so far. Will keep you posted as meet ups are mandatory 8)
I think I feel it coming on
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

One Asian Under A Groove wrote:
angelsighs wrote:
I've seen Elbow play there in 2005 and Richard Hawley on a couple of occasions, I think the sound holds up pretty well for an electric show there. Got to be better than any of Edinburgh's other venues surely? The Picture House smells of feet and the Corn Exchange is The Worst Venue In The World.
fair enough, I'm sure the band wouldn't book it if it wasn't suitable but just had visions of the sound whizzing around and getting wishywashy. maybe I'm thinking more of the Union Chapel.

fairplay for your planned roadtrip toomilk, now thats dedication!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dublin tickets got. On a Friday night too :D Makes a nice change from Sunday - Thursday, which has been the case for Spiritualized's Dublin gigs for years now.

At least they'll have a few gigs under their belt by the time of the Albert Hall.
cottonfever
Known user

Post by cottonfever »

One hour to go till the end of a working week, a sunny afternoon and to top it off, Brixton October 9th. Perfect birthday present. Got my tickets.
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

cottonfever wrote:One hour to go till the end of a working week, a sunny afternoon and to top it off, Brixton October 9th. Perfect birthday present. Got my tickets.
I take it you mean Bristol. I'd hate for you to end up in the wrong place. :D
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I've got a ticket for all England shows, but I really want to get the others.

Is it just me or would it be unrealistic to try to catch all of them?
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

toomilk wrote:I've got a ticket for all England shows, but I really want to get the others.

Well the band has to travel to them, so why can't you..!!! Not trying to be a voice of reason and trying to put you off but I used to do this sort of thing and now I wouldn't consider it. I'll catch up with you guys in Manchester but if not certainly Bristol.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

toomilk wrote:I've got a ticket for all England shows, but I really want to get the others.

Not at all!!! I'm doing Edinburgh, London and Bristol. I would do all of them if I could!!!!
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

Edinburgh and London sorted yeeehaa!!

Fourth Spz show in Queens Hall. Jason must really like the venue. Being a renovated 18th century Georgian chapel, a more suitable venue for Spz gigs is hard to find
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

bummer there's no belfast gig..

so i think i'm just gonna go to edinburgh & dublin instead!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
cottonfever
Known user

Post by cottonfever »

Bristol it is.
oxo_foxo
New user

Post by oxo_foxo »

Hello, long time listener, first time poster here... :D
I was just wondering, does anyone know if these will be just band shows, or if they'll be doing the whole grand choir malarkey? Obviously either way I'm going to go, haha, but I was just wondering if anyone knew. I've seen them play before but never with the full choir etc, so I'd be super excited if that was the case. The fact they're doing a RAH show (which i can't get to, sob) suggests to me that it will be the full shebang, but I just thought I'd see if anyone knew...

I'm massively excited either way though! This is gonna be great.
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

oxo_foxo wrote:Hello, long time listener, first time poster here... :D
I was just wondering, does anyone know if these will be just band shows, or if they'll be doing the whole grand choir malarkey? Obviously either way I'm going to go, haha, but I was just wondering if anyone knew. I've seen them play before but never with the full choir etc, so I'd be super excited if that was the case. The fact they're doing a RAH show (which i can't get to, sob) suggests to me that it will be the full shebang, but I just thought I'd see if anyone knew...

Cant see it myself. IMHO i think J will be saving the big guns for RAH. But the stage at Queens Hall in Edinburgh is big enough to supplement at least 15 musicians at a time, so you never know...
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

The Kwisatz Haderach wrote:

Cant see it myself. IMHO i think J will be saving the big guns for RAH. But the stage at Queens Hall in Edinburgh is big enough to supplement at least 15 musicians at a time, so you never know...
Oh and I'm super excited too! Spz at my fave venue again, Queens Hall. One day back at work, the weekend, then off to london for my first gig in RAH. Gonna be an amazing week!!!
oxo_foxo
New user

Post by oxo_foxo »

The Kwisatz Haderach wrote:

:( I don't think it's in my destiny to ever see the big choral show. Obviously the gig will be AMAZING ANYWAY but I was so hopeful that this would be my chance to see the 'big guns'! Don't get me wrong though, my excitement levels will still be ramped up to the max. This might affect my decision about London though. Has anyone invented an instant teleporter yet?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

oxo_foxo wrote: :( I don't think it's in my destiny to ever see the big choral show. Obviously the gig will be AMAZING ANYWAY but I was so hopeful that this would be my chance to see the 'big guns'! Don't get me wrong though, my excitement levels will still be ramped up to the max. This might affect my decision about London though. Has anyone invented an instant teleporter yet?
I would have thought that if the RAH show has any extra orchestral/choral gubbins it would have been announced along with the show to give it a unique selling point. infact I was on the fence whether to go or not, it was the mention of a 'career spanning set' that tipped it for me. (plus the chance of a message board meetup of course!)
don't forget that there were backing singers on the tour last time, and when they did Jools Holland at the start of the A&E campaign there was strings. so I guess you never know.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Aye, I'll be absolutely happy if they are touring with the same line-up as the A&E tour - two guitars, two gospel singers and band. I also prefer the more minimalist keys following Thighpaulsandra's departure.
For me, the absolute best Spiritualized band... ever! and the noise they made was gloriously wicked. :wink:
O P 8
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

angelsighs wrote:
oxo_foxo wrote: :( I don't think it's in my destiny to ever see the big choral show. Obviously the gig will be AMAZING ANYWAY but I was so hopeful that this would be my chance to see the 'big guns'! Don't get me wrong though, my excitement levels will still be ramped up to the max. This might affect my decision about London though. Has anyone invented an instant teleporter yet?
I would have thought that if the RAH show has any extra orchestral/choral gubbins it would have been announced along with the show to give it a unique selling point. infact I was on the fence whether to go or not, it was the mention of a 'career spanning set' that tipped it for me. (plus the chance of a message board meetup of course!)
don't forget that there were backing singers on the tour last time, and when they did Jools Holland at the start of the A&E campaign there was strings. so I guess you never know.
I hope there are extra dynamics to the shows than the normal, which for the record is one of the best Spiritualized versions yet,

Ideally, we'd get a few treats that tend to be less effective without the big band.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

Hi everyone! So excited there is a new tour scheduled!! Hoping it's only a matter of time before he announces some California dates. eeeee! I can't contain the excitement!

Anyone have any updates on the new album?? All I know from the site is that it's due to be released in the "Autumn."

xoxo,
amelia

p.s. I couldn't find the #officialspzd twitter. Is it still up?
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

No recent updates.

Here's the twitter, it's still up: http://twitter.com/officialSpzd
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Shows have been delayed again from the news page:

As the album has been rescheduled for March 2012 unfortunately dates have been moved, with three more added.
All existing tickets are valid and refunds are available.

March 20th Oxford Academy
21st Bristol Academy
22nd Glasgow ABC
23rd Belfast Mandela Hall
24th Dublin Vicar Street
25th Manchester Academy

Im gutted as I'll be in NZ then OZ. We'll I'm not gutted I'll be there as I'll have a very nice time but I would have loved to see them play once more before I go. I guess that makes Tuesday all the more special...
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

sweet

hope they bring the spacerock
no more country
all psych
bring it
gonna burn brightly
for a while
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Right I'm on my way to Edinburgh. So stupidly excited I can't really think about it, my stomach goes over every time I do. If anyone wants to say hello then look for the massive tattoo'd bloke in blue sequin converse (no joke)... I'll be with two mates but always a pleasure to meet other Spaceheads.

I can't believe this day has actually come!!
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Nice one man! Hope you and everyone going tonight has a great time! Can't wait to here all about it!
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

I'm on the train using the free wi-fi. I decided to upgrade to first class, it was only £25 and I want this day to be perfect. This is the life! I could easily get used to this.

We've just left York so I'm gonna lie back in this massive seat and watch the country zip by. I think I shall plug in to Fucked Up Inside.

This is sweeeeeet!

Will do my best to keep a track of the set-list tonight but My memory is shite, if I see a proper set-list though I'll take a snap and post it up.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Edinburgh tonight then, returning to the scene of that Acoustic Mainlines gig in 2006 :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Jealous......
Cant wait to hear how the show was.
Enjoy!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Holden
Known user

Post by Holden »

I'll be heading to the Leamington Spa gig tomorrow night and was wondering- what sort of merchandise is up for grabs and what sort of prices am I looking at? I'd appreciate any info from the lucky souls at the Edinburgh gig tonight. Ta.
ticketinspector
New user

Post by ticketinspector »

So, I think they maybe just played the whole of the new album.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

There was no merchandise :(

Was hoping for a new mug. Maybe next year.
gazza
New user

Post by gazza »

For those of you on the o2 network their priority program is allowing you to buy tickets for 2 of the March shows ahead of tomorrows sale. As well as tickets for Bristol.

Oxford and Glasgow.

Just got me a ticket for the Glasgow show :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

UK November dates just announced:

Thu 1 November Gateshead, The Sage Gateshead
Fri 2 November Cambridge, Junction
Sat 3 November Leeds, Metropolitan University
Sun 4 November Coventry,Warwick Arts Centre
Mon 5 November London, Roundhouse
Tue 6 November Brighton, Corn Exchange

I thought there'd be another tour around Oct./Nov.

Hopefully some Irish dates are in the pipeline.
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

I was hoping the band would've come a bit further south...I will try to wangle time off work for either Warks. or Roundhouse gig.
Hey Jayne
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Luminescence wrote:I was hoping the band would've come a bit further south....
Man, if they played any further south than Brighton they'd be playing in the sea or, even worse.... France!! :lol: :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

Shinesalight wrote:[
Man, if they played any further south than Brighton they'd be playing in the sea or, even worse.... France!! :lol: :wink:[/quote]

I know what you mean, but living in Cornwall you hope for these things! I have seen Spz in exeter and they did a great gig at Eden Project years ago. :wink:
Hey Jayne
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

Corn Exchange - Worst Venue in town
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

I know what you mean, but living in Cornwall you hope for these things! I have seen Spz in exeter and they did a great gig at Eden Project years ago. :wink:[/quote]

Came down from Glasgow for that gig and its in my top 5 Spz shows, an absolute belter of a show to the backdrop of the Eden domes. It was far out.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:D Bought Roundhouse tickets obviously, but will go to several shows if I can help it!!!
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
Supervim
Known user

Post by Supervim »

At last some good news re gigs, what with the shifting of the manc date to a sunday, the roundhouse gig being on a Monday and the vinyl pressing issue I was beginning to lose the will, but this great news - the Leeds date is on a saturday and its my birthday. Get in.
Supervim
musicheals2
Known user

Post by musicheals2 »

I was at the Manchester show and it was awesome in my opinion. I'll be at Leeds for sure. Although I wouldn't mind a trek to the Roundhouse too...
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Mrs Shines has got us tickets for the Brighton show and a friend at the Roundhouse has got me a pair for there the night before as an early 40th Birthday pressie. Add in the headline show at the Number 6 festival and I will have seen them 4 times this year... bring it on!!! :D 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone