Edinburgh

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

RoboHobo
Known user

Edinburgh

Post by RoboHobo »

Hello all,

Work has taken me to Edinburgh for a couple of days. I'm on my own :( and am looking for some good places to eat, drink and more importantly, see some gigs. I don't mind being in a gig on my own, but hate being in a restaurant on my own.

So, does anyone know of good places to see some live music, or good (rockish) pubs where I can read a book or play Zelda on the 3DS?

Thanks,

Mark
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Re: Edinburgh

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

I would recommend Niddry Street. Some good bars with live bands just about every night. Cowgate just down from it has some good bars too!
RoboHobo
Known user

Post by RoboHobo »

Thanks. I'll have a wander. My hotel is right next them
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

The Mussel Inn on Rose St for food. At the other end of Rose St is a pub called Dirty Dicks which looked like it might be good (interesting collection of golf clubs hanging from the ceiling) but it was full of rugby supporters when I went in and could hardly get to the bar. Grassmarket area for horrid style pubs but there's one very nearby called Bow Bar (head up a hill back to the Mile) that's not what you're looking for but serves decent beer and there's a steak house at the bottom of the hill.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Oh I forgot. There's a very nice Italian restaurant on the new town side but the name escapes me. Maybe Bza can recall if he picks up on this thread while you're still there. And be careful around Cowgate if you're out by yourself late at night.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Was that La Laterna? Yeah it was nice wasn't it. Apart from the miniature wine glasses.... Mamma's Pizza on the Grassmarket is good as well. Some of the pubs down there are good for a laugh, although last time I was there it was Tramworks Central.

Need to get back to The Capital at some point. Always have a good time there... :wink:
O P 8
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

BzaInSpace wrote:Was that La Laterna? Yeah it was nice wasn't it. Apart from the miniature wine glasses.
That's it. A very nice place as I recall, and nice food.