Aphex Twin - Wireless Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

nickh
Known user

Aphex Twin - Wireless Festival

Post by nickh »

Finally got to see the Aphex Twin last night after liking the guy for about 18 years. I didn’t really know what to expect but after 5 minutes or so of pretty insane stuff he actually played Windowlicker which was worth the price of admission to the Wireless festival in itself, later in the set through this barrage of noise he dropped in a tune from Ambient Works II which just about made my year. Punishingly loud set if you were near the front, lots of people making that face and rubbing their ears after. He was transposing the “ugly Richard “ face on the people in the front row and then showing it on screens at the side of the stage, brilliant!

The Streets were quite entertaining too. I like Mike Skinner and was pleased to get the chance to see them live. After seeing the Chemical Brothers a couple of times in 2007, Glastonbury being akin to a religious experience, I just enjoy them now. Their thing doesn’t work so well when it’s still light and when it’s just a couple of fellas behind a load of equipment there isn’t a whole lot to see. Good but not great .
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Aphex Twin - Wireless Festival

Post by TheWarmth »

Is there any news on a new Aphex Twin album? I haven't heard anything, but he has been fairly active recently, so I'd imagine something must be on the way. Fingers crossed.
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

It's funny I was browsing discogs and I noticed that the last thing he released was back in 2005 (Analord series).

I heard him djing at the Vox in Brixton in the early or mid 90s' - It was quite a mental set, to say the least! Unfortunately, I think that was also the night when someone 'cooked themselves to death' in the early hours (I'm guessing too much speed and no rest...) All I remember was throwing up (after some not so good acid) and some bloke in a wheelchair going crazy on the dancefloor. Yeah, that was a strange one...

Would be good to hear a new album from Mr. James, definitely.

Just found a vid of Windowlicker on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hix0J3jv ... tube_gdata
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

What about that 2007 record on Rephlex called Rushup Edge by The Tuss. (purportedly The Tuss are 'Brian and Karen Tregaskin'...) :wink:

Has to be Richard D. James...
O P 8