jason's live amp

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

porkchop
Known user

jason's live amp

Post by porkchop »

does anybody know what amp j used live prior to the last tour? you know the one with the glowing sp sticker on the speaker.
Neil Rudd
Known user

Jasons Amp.

Post by Neil Rudd »

If memory serves it was an old HH one. Distinguished with a button that you flick for a distorted sound. He's since changed to using an HH head with a Marshall 4x12 cab. Although I have seen him use a Marshall head as well.
Rudders
bozairzere

jason's live amp

Post by bozairzere »

thanks, never could get a good look at it. and yet i still can't find anything on the net about hh amps.
g.spaceman
Known user

Post by g.spaceman »

HH were a reletively small British company who made functional amps for guitars as well as PA equipment and so forth. I had one years ago and it sounded good - not much by way of bells and whistles but well made with a solid sound.

HH were never a glamorous or absurdly expensive make but I know (and have known) plenty of musicians who still use their equipment, basically because it's reliable and does a very good job of faithfully reproducing whatever signal is inputted.

I'm pretty sure they might have disappeared now as around 10 years ago I bought (for a very reasonable price) some cabinets HH built for guitar combo amps (but no electronics were ever fitted) whch are very sturdy, and turned them into PA speakers which I still use to this day in small venues. At the time I recall several others buying HH stuff in a similar fashion and adapting them for their own purposes likewise.
porkchop
Known user

jason's live amp

Post by porkchop »

cool thanks!