Leamington

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

stodmeister
Known user

Re: Leamington

Post by stodmeister »

runcible wrote:
sunray wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote:I don't however buy this idea that this could be any less intense than back whenever...
Sorry Barry, but you're wrong. Don't want to sound like a boring old fart but you weren't there so you can't possibly know.
I wasn't at the RAH of course but the most recent experiences of Jason making real noise had less direction than in years ago. In terms of intensity I suspect it might be similar but the difference is the way the noise comes out. The wah-wah climax of These Blues on the Pure Phase tour in 1995, particularly at Dingwalls, is hard to convey as it was so brutally crushing. Even more so in 1991 during the wah-wah wobbling of Feeln' Just Fine at the Mean Fiddler - my all time greatest musical moment ever. And again when they played 2 nights at the ICA in June that year - the level of sonic assault was truly astonishing. He does it differently now - it felt as intense to me but just with less depth and texture. Horses. Courses.
The Glasgow Arches gig on the Pure Phase of 95 is my own personal favourite Spiritualized gig .
Take your time , back up a little bit.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

stodmeister wrote:The Glasgow Arches gig on the Pure Phase of 95 is my own personal favourite Spiritualized gig .
First time seeing them live while on acid was at that very Arches show and they totally blew the place apart that night. GREATEST version of These Blues ever seen or heard...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Laz69 wrote:
stodmeister wrote:The Glasgow Arches gig on the Pure Phase of 95 is my own personal favourite Spiritualized gig .
First time seeing them live while on acid was at that very Arches show and they totally blew the place apart that night. GREATEST version of These Blues ever seen or heard...
was at that gig too ,and f8ck me i was on acid as well! ,probably half the crowd were ,well we all were ,it was a great show :)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Finally got this downloaded. I'm on "Too Late" right now and it's blowing my mind. I think I'm going to love the new album.
Maca_c
New user

Re: Leamington - ANYONE GOT THE GIG POSTER?

Post by Maca_c »

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a spare Leamington Assembly gig poster I could have/buy/copy? I have tried the venue but they don't have any left and weren't very helpful.

In the spirit of romance, the trip to Leamington (all the way from Leeds) to see the gig was a surprise to me from my boyfriend. It was a special memory for us both so I am trying to make up a Christmas present for him with the framed poster and ticket.

I'd be really grateful if any of you could help me out in bringing a bit of Spiritualized romance to the world this Christmas!

Cheers all.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Hey Maca,

I only have one, but it's a little tattered.

If you wouldn't mind that, send me a PM with your address and I'll send it out.
greenskinner
Known user

Post by greenskinner »

I spotted this thread, and I just wanted to say that I was also at the Arches for Pure Phase.
And it was incredible.
I've been to hundreds of gigs, and only Jane's Addiction in a tiny hall on 150 shrooms & Spiritualized at Glastonbury '93 came anywhere close.
And it was incredible how everyone was so smashed. And nobody moved for the whole gig, they were just glued to the ground mesmerised. It was only when I was leaving that I realised the back third of the hall were lying on the floor - people were holding their friend's/partners' heads etc.
A pal of mine, who is a massive fan had to leave during the final These Blues wig out. He couldn't cope.
And the projections off the mirror ball were something else. Remember the thousands of arms getting injections to the beat of Things'll never be the same?
Things never were the same after that gig - put my treatment back years!!