live bootlegs

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

bunnyben
Known user

live bootlegs

Post by bunnyben »

here's a handy place to put those boots from this tour people keep saying they're listening to :wink:
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
sml42
Known user

Re: live bootlegs

Post by sml42 »

moderators: what's the state of play regarding recordings from this tour?

ordinarily i'd have no hesitation posting, but considering they played pretty much the whole new album, which won't be released for months, i'm pretty torn.

some guidance, please...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Listening to the Lemington show right now... good quality (thanks They Transmit... good job!)

I'm going to try and split it into individual WAV and MP3 versions...

For what its worth, i'm actually really suprised how good the new songs sound... 8)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I think we can safely say there will be no issues here - obviously contact me should this not be the case.
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing some of that wonderful new material again!

I'd like to think most people would buy the new record in March as well.

You can always leave it as a 'PM me for details' thing but I'd suspect you'll be drowned in requests...
O P 8
sml42
Known user

Post by sml42 »

thanks for the clarification. if there are issues then please delete this post/link as needed...

royal albert hall:
go to http://tapers.org/download/ and search for spz
there are links for mp3 download / flac download / mp3 streaming

enjoy :D
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Thanks sml, dl'ing right now. Btw search for spz on the page, not in the search box.
I'm in the louder is better camp, so more looking forward to the Leamington boot based on what I've read here, but I just can't wait to hear the songs again as I can never quite make an opinion on just one listen (unless I'm blown away, but that rarely happens on first listens, and didn't happen on Sunday).
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Thanks very much for this!...its sounding good so far....and track 1 at least doesn't sound like any fucking ballad - good old wall of noise at the moment...
TimAb
New user

Post by TimAb »

Thank you for the recording. Have not heard the new material...actually haven't seen them in 8 years. Far too long.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Thanks sml. Look forward to listening later on. Cheers!
O P 8
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Many thanks sml42 - great job..
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Laz69 wrote:Listening to the Lemington show right now... good quality (thanks They Transmit... good job!)

No need to bother - I've done it and will post once I've listened to it (only reason I say this is because I recorded it so would like to include the lineage etc with the fileset when its distributed).
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

PontiacB wrote:
Laz69 wrote:Listening to the Lemington show right now... good quality (thanks They Transmit... good job!)

No need to bother - I've done it and will post once I've listened to it (only reason I say this is because I recorded it so would like to include the lineage etc with the fileset when its distributed).
Excellent... saves me the hassle, especially since i have a bedroom to paint tonight... being a grown-up sux! :lol:
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Laz69 wrote:
PontiacB wrote:

Excellent... saves me the hassle, especially since i have a bedroom to paint tonight... being a grown-up sux! :lol:
Happy painting! I always use sorting out recordings as an excuse for putting jobs like that off!

I've already uploaded the mp3s but always like to listen to it all before I share a link just in case there are any glitches. Should have finished listening to it by tomorrow afternoon and will follow with the flacs over the weekend. It does sound nice.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Thanks to all who have or are going to post up links. You are scholars and gents.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

PontiacB- apologies if you were hanging on before distributing, no harm meant. I just sent the link out to a few folks via facebook. Kept away from posting the link here as I suspected you'd be taking the lead on that.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

They Transmit wrote:PontiacB- apologies if you were hanging on before distributing, no harm meant. I just sent the link out to a few folks via facebook. Kept away from posting the link here as I suspected you'd be taking the lead on that.
Absolutely no problems at all - its nice to get it out to people that are interested asap, shame I'm out tonight or else I'd have it up! Cheers again for doing your magic!
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

My pleasure squire, thanks for letting me get to hear the new stuff.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

can people clarify what's what here?

the link that sml42 was recorded by sml42?
& there is a lemington recording made by pontiac & mastered by theytransmit floating around awaiting being upped to a torrent??

bit underwhelmed by the new songs tbh. too many ballads.
obv bootlegs & live shows aren't the ideal way to experience new material but still i was hoping for a lot more ruckus.
i mean don't get me wrong, when Sitting on Fire was Old Flame & performed at the Daniel Johnston tribute it immediately became one of my all time fave spaceman songs & i love that & the AM versions over the studio one - by contrast i thought Soul on Fire (& even Baby I'm Just a Fool) were p dull live on the AM shows but whenever i first heard the crackle of the Walking on Thin Ice remix sample i freaked out & i musta played Soul of Fire about a thousand times the summer A&E came out.

but none of the ballads, save the final one, really made any impression after listening to the RAH boot sml42 linked to. Mama Said is ok but there's too many lyrics in it now.
i thought the IAWIA rework was brilliant & exciting & the first song was great too. but the 2nd song i have to agree with the dissenters i thought it was boring & lame. didn't really care for Straight to the Top - but it could go like BIJAF & be really great in the studio..

definitely not as excited about the new material as i was before hearing it!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sml42
Known user

Post by sml42 »

jack white wrote:can people clarify what's what here?

the link that sml42 was recorded by sml42?
the link to tapers.org, yep, that's all me. as far as i'm aware no other rah recordings have surfaced yet.
jack white wrote: & there is a lemington recording made by pontiac & mastered by theytransmit floating around awaiting being upped to a torrent??
yep. i expect that'll appear fairly soon.

i think that's all so far...
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

cheers for that, its a good recording.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

thanks for the prompt reply sml42.

& thanks for the recording!
it is good stuff. gonna be locked into it for the next day or so. sounds good & loud enough.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I really love Sitting On Fire/Old Flame too Jack, I remember hearing that first version from the Daniel Johnston show (after it taking an age to download) and it really knocked me out, right away.

is there really that many ballads on the new album? I'd generally say pop songs was more on the mark. apart from a couple, at least the ballads sound a little different from another Stop Your Crying/Soul In Fire rerun anyways.
also, for what it's worth I think boardmember kevin (toomilk) talked to Kevin Bales after the Edinburgh show and that there may be more new songs that they didn't play. who knows, these might be more rocky and noisy ones.

big thanks to all the bootleggers on this site, you do a sterling job and can't wait to hear the recordings of these gigs.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Can't seem to locate the links to download these shows? Can any kind person help me out? Would be much appreciated!
cheers
si
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

angelsighs wrote: is there really that many ballads on the new album? I'd generally say pop songs was more on the mark. apart from a couple, at least the ballads sound a little different from another Stop Your Crying/Soul In Fire rerun anyways.

yea that is fairer way to put it. they are pop songs albeit a bit of a kitchen-sink method except i'd like more noise & spacerock in them.

& i'm sure j'll sprinkle some magic dust (ahem) in the studio and polish them into pop pocket opera's.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Cheers Clewsr!
Downloading now
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Here's They Transmit's mastered recording of the Leamington show

mp3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/impi75

flacs
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOBYORFN

Note that the flacs are on megaupload which only allows a single download at a time on the free account. I'll be sticking them on Dime as a torrent in the next hour so that's probably a more efficient way of getting the flacs if youy've got an account there.

All the info re the recording is in the .txt file. Basically it was recorded 4 rows back left side using Church Audio CA11 cards>BB>iRiver and was Eqed, Stereo separated a bit, Dynamically compressed as part of the mastering process by They Transmit. Hope I haven't missed any tracks splits - not sure about the mega long 2nd from last song(s).

Thanks again to They Transmit for working on this - its one thing spending time on your own recording, but offering your time to play with someone's recording who you don't know was very kind. Think it sounds really good. I'm also happy to post the unmastered (but tidied up) version sometime if anyone is interested as I know some people don't like processed live recordings and would rather here the 'as it was' version, warts and all. I'm somewhere between the two, always interested to hear mastered versions from people who have the right gear and a musical ear, but also like to listen to the raw recordings.

Any problems let me know.
Last edited by PontiacB on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

PontiacB wrote: flacs
megaupload.com
awesome move man putting flacs in a zip as well as torrent

thanks a lot for this! & theytransmit & sml as well of course.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Thanks extended to all who have invested their time and effort into these :D
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

MASSIVE thanks to the people who made the effort to record and share the recent shows. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it hugely.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A thousand times thank you to everyone that sorted this out. Excellent work!!
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

WONDERFUL!
BIG thank you to the people who share those shows.
i'm still absent-minded by aftereffects of excited awesome shows :wink:
hairy
Known user

Post by hairy »

Thanks for your work guys. Really appreciate it.

I see there is an Edinburgh recording on dime too
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

"Songs in R&H" now happily on my iPod with website poster as cover art. Pleased with album title, although realise should really be RAH.
Brizzler
New user

Post by Brizzler »

Just signed up an account to offer a big thanks to those that took the time to make their recordings available.
Was blown away by the RAH gig and that, along with the recording, has totally rekindled my love for Spiritualized.

Ticket for Bristol next year already booked!
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

Thanks to all for posting. Much appreciated :D
neilmorrell
New user

Post by neilmorrell »

Thanks everyone concerned for making these available.

The RAH boot sounds better than from where I was standing
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

i'm trying not to overlisten to them to prevent the album being ruined. i think in hindsight with A&E a lot of the 'big' songs i already new from the acoustic boots therefore it lessoned the impact and i had something to go 'well it was better in this format etc'
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

bunnyben wrote:i'm trying not to overlisten to them to prevent the album being ruined. i think in hindsight with A&E a lot of the 'big' songs i already new from the acoustic boots therefore it lessoned the impact and i had something to go 'well it was better in this format etc'
I'm trying to do the same Ben. the acoustic mainlines versions of a lot of songs sounded so warm and luminous, then some the studio versions sounded a bit dry and with really croaky singing..

i don't want to burn the songs out before the album.. i really hope Jason nails them in the studio