Death in Vegas

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

KingHarry
Known user

Death in Vegas

Post by KingHarry »

Did anyone see them?

I had to miss it - it clashed with the fucking works christmas do ... *bites fist*.

Mate went and said it was astounding.

Think the new lp is sublime - Drone Reich is pure Kember and I've been spinning Savage Love on a loop since I bought it.
bunnyben
Known user

Re: Death in Vegas

Post by bunnyben »

they were brilliant. haven't listened to the new album much so didn't recognise most of it but still loved it. hands around my throat was sublime
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

As I mentioned in the "what gigs have you got coming up" thread, I went to see them in Camden last Thursday and it was amazing. So much better than I thought they'd be. Incredibly powerful, marvellous volume and light show intensity, layer upon layer of sound creating a big psychedelic wall of head fuckery at times. Aisha and Blood Yawning were immense.

Bunnyben - I wasn't enjoying Hands Around My Throat to begin with, thought it sounded dated, an electroclash style relic, but then it started to grow, and grow, and get louder, and more intense and then seemed to go all the way up to 11 in the wow-wa-woo-wah stakes. Loved it.

His vocals are nothing to write home about, nor his "star quality" as a frontman, but they do fit into the sound he creates. Rather than be upfront his vocals, like on the new album, are kind of tucked away a bit just behind the music. Another layer of sound instead of a lead vocal as such. He's definitely from the Gillespie/Reid/Pierce school of vocalists. Whisper mode.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

what did you think of the guitarist (and half support band) didn't he think 'he' was the star!? what did you think of the support? i felt it lacked substance
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

bunnyben wrote:what did you think of the guitarist (and half support band) didn't he think 'he' was the star!? what did you think of the support? i felt it lacked substance
Haha, yeah, he did think he was the chosen one didn't he. The one with the long hair, right? The way he just stood still, staring out and up, poised, when he wasn't playing........quite the poseur.

I didn't rate the support band at all. He looked a complete bell end in his 80's hair metal style white jacket and boots and the music was just very nothingy. Could've come straight out of a Mighty Boosh episode, in fact Vince Noir could easily have fitted in, throwing some poses.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

johnnyboy wrote:
bunnyben wrote:what did you think of the guitarist (and half support band) didn't he think 'he' was the star!? what did you think of the support? i felt it lacked substance
Haha, yeah, he did think he was the chosen one didn't he. The one with the long hair, right? The way he just stood still, staring out and up, poised, when he wasn't playing........quite the poseur.

I didn't rate the support band at all. He looked a complete bell end in his 80's hair metal style white jacket and boots and the music was just very nothingy. Could've come straight out of a Mighty Boosh episode, in fact Vince Noir could easily have fitted in, throwing some poses.
that's the one :lol: :wink:
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

Having seen the reviews for the last tour I just booked tickets for DIV at Brixton Academy on Saturday September 29th. Only £16.50 a ticket. Should be a good one...