Lou Reed live

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Juzba
Known user

Lou Reed live

Post by Juzba »

The man's coming to Finland, but the tix are quite expensive at 50e

Anyone have any experiences regarding his recent live material, ie. is it good?
Steven-cant-be-bothered..

Post by Steven-cant-be-bothered.. »

It's a couple of years since I last saw him but I would say go see him if you have the chance,a spare 50 and an interest in "music icons",as well as in music.
I do know he played a good set at the fairly recent US ATP thing,opening with,ironically "ATP".

Similar to Dylan,in that you must be prepared to hear your favourite songs mangled and destroyed but then if you're lucky some hidden gem will be illuminated anew to reveal a shocking intensity never before heard as your tear filled eyes,etc,etc.
But remember,only if you are lucky.
He might just be shit.

How strange the world turns...now if we were talking about long haired stranger Willie Nelson I would advise you to sell your own mother to get a ticket.
But when it comes to the god-father of most of the music we hold dear,the best I can say is "He might be OK,try eBay for a cheap ticket"!
Go figure!
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I saw him at a Spanish festival called benicassim in the summer and he was amazing. I can confess that I've never explored his music before then and I went without any expectations. I am now a big fan and have bought some of his albums as well as some velvet underground. He had this cellist playing with him that was just one of the most amazing things I've seen. She was getting sounds out of that instrument that I've never heard before. If he was touring in the UK, I'd definately go but seeing as I didn't really know anything about him before the summer, I have no frame of reference.