Spiritualized® - Glasgow ABC, T O N I G H T ! ! !

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Spiritualized® - Glasgow ABC, T O N I G H T ! ! !

Post by BzaInSpace »

Alright, whose going, whose up for it? Beautiful day in Sick City as well.
High hopes for the ABC after the 2008 show which was one of the best I've ever seen.

In the words of Royal Trux....

"I'M READY!!!"

8)
O P 8
flokie
Known user

Re: Spiritualized® - Glasgow ABC, T O N I G H T ! ! !

Post by flokie »

Gorgeous weather, collecting my Pete Fowler synth galleon print from the framing shop later this afternoon, and then off to the ABC :D

Not sure what time the show starts, ABC still say doors 7pm, I may give them a call to check as chances are it will be an early start indeed (all shows finish by 10pm when they have a club night on afterwards).
edit: just as I posted this: @officialSpzd : Glasgow ABC, no support, band onstage 8pm.

Excitement building up... probably helped by all the coffee I've drunk this morning.
I'll be on my own tonight (the Edinburgh gig in October got the better of the friend I was hoping would join me :/ ) so if you see me (female, short, short brown hair!) come and say hi!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

flokie wrote:Pete Fowler synth galleon print
Jealous. I wanted one of those. I do have a signed "Papa Was A Roaming Snorse" print dated 2006 framed at home, though.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

flokie wrote:Gorgeous weather, collecting my Pete Fowler synth galleon print from the framing shop later this afternoon, and then off to the ABC :D

Not sure what time the show starts, ABC still say doors 7pm, I may give them a call to check as chances are it will be an early start indeed (all shows finish by 10pm when they have a club night on afterwards).
edit: just as I posted this: @officialSpzd : Glasgow ABC, no support, band onstage 8pm.

Excitement building up... probably helped by all the coffee I've drunk this morning.
I'll be on my own tonight (the Edinburgh gig in October got the better of the friend I was hoping would join me :/ ) so if you see me (female, short, short brown hair!) come and say hi!
thanks for the info ,would have missed the start of the show ,if I hadn`t read this ,f8ckin ABC,f8ckin`club night :evil:
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I am quite excited about this.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Aye, just home from a nice cycle back from work down the clydeside path. :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Looking forward to reports/reviews tomorrow!!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
tied up
Known user

Post by tied up »

Can't wait, it will be a great end to a beautiful day.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I heard Bristol was incredible. I hope the same for the Glasgow crowd.

Waiting in anticipation!!!!

M
Design.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Great performance - similar setlist to recent gigs, but opening with Come Together before Hey Jane, and no 12 Steps. Cop Shoot Cop was incredible.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

It gives me pleasure to say that once again

M Y
S O U L
H A S
B E E N
S P I R I T U A L I Z E D

Awesome, dangerous magical show. So many great moments, so many memories, audio overload. I'll need to sleep for a bit. Hearing is a tad cloudy and feel drained and like I'm coming down, after-effects of Spiritualized® I think...

They kicked off with a volley of extended feedback, then went straight into 'Come Together'. Talk about setting your stall out early on.
Strobes!
'Heading For The Top' - thought this was 'If I Were With Her Now' when it started. I think a few others did as well judging by the cheers. It built up gradually in volume and intensity, fantastic. What a tune.
Loving the spacey intros and outros to the ever evolving 'Oh Baby'.
An INSANE 'Electric Mainline', complete with ravetastic visuals. And those strobes. Never heard it quite as mindblowing as that before. I actually began to wonder if the place could withstand it if it had kept going. Massive cheers after.
They appeared to be finishing with 'Electricity' as an encore, which was superb. In the midst of the guitar frenzy noise outro suddenly we're in the voodoo groove of Cop Shoot Cop...'. It occurs to me they are playing from the start and yeah, they play the whole thing!
Think this meant they over-run the curfew but fuck the ABC's disco. More strobes. More guitar frenzy.
'Cop Shoot Cop...' - :shock:

Oh yeah... 'Hey Jane' was very special indeed.

Me and the Mrs were right at the front, dead centre and the sound was excellent, Jason and Doggen were both well up in the mix at each side/channel and I very much enjoyed their guitar duels, them feeding off (and feeding back) each other was spectacular to watch and hear. The relatively stripped down version of the band since I last saw them seemed to push a more aggressive edge to the music tonight when needed, other times they were able to drop right down on the button, big dynamics.
I could watch those guys creating unholy noise out of their guitars all night, some of the stuff Doggen was doing with his tremelo was outrageous. I caught a few wicked looking grins from Jason as he just sent another tune into orbit, he was really going for it with the wah-wah insanity big time tonight. Every now and again I didn't think they could possibly add another of layer of noise on and then... they did, like on 'Stay With Me'. The bass player is fantastic, love the girls and how they add a whole other layer to everything, Tom was right at the centre of everything with keys and tones, some cool stereo effects too, Kev Bales rocks and is a drums maestro. Love this band. Many thanks to you all...

O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

:D
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

WOW! Lovely to hear!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
and slightly jealous (actually REALLY F'ING JEALOUS!!!)

Glad to hear it was magical!

Mark
Design.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Tufty wrote:Cop Shoot Cop MP3 -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/83s6ybp2voqa7bs/Cop Shoot Cop-Glasgow 2012.mp3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pajy1

X
WOW! Lovely! Tufty. Thank you!

M
Design.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

:D :D :D
I think I feel it coming on
18kevcfc88
New user

Post by 18kevcfc88 »

Tremendous show last night, saw them in Edinburgh a few months ago which was immense but this was a step up from that even. The strobe lighting was crazy but definitely added something to the whole experience. Can't wait for the new album more than ever now, the new ones sounded great and fitted in with the older classics brilliant. Cop Shoot Cop, what a song, one of my favourites glad I got the chance to see it preformed live. Still buzzing from the gig. J Spaceman is the man!!! Roll on the next time :D :D :D
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

It really was fantastic. Bza has it spot on with "audio overload" - I haven't been able to put on any music since :D
(Until Tufty posted that MP3, thanks!).

I'm afraid the strobes for Hey Jane were too much for me, I had to retreat from the front for the 2nd part when it became obvious they would be on for the rest of the song. A pity as I'm sure those visuals would've been excellent and I certainly didn't get the best sound either.
Heading For The Top and I Am What I Am were both much much better than in Oct. I'd had a look at the other gigs' setlists so actually recognised HFTP's bassline as it came on, and it starts a lot more fuzzy and spacey than it did previously, which was great. Lay Back In The Sun was awesome as ever, and Electric Mainline was one of the high points (unfortunately this is also when idiots started to appear and felt like they had to whistle their appreciation through...), and it didn't go downhill after that, Stay with Me was absolutely brilliant. Not sure whether So Long was shorter than previously, I could've listened it for another couple of minutes no problem :) Electricity and full version of Cop Shoot Cop, just wow.
bisonheed
Known user

Post by bisonheed »

Yep, the gig was awesome. I was doing pictures at it and the sheer volume was incredible. Hey Jane is a total stormer of a tune live - shame the video will never make it onto morning telly...

(I'll throw up a few snaps when I get a chance)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

great show ,fantastic band & fantastic set ,best Spiritualized show I`ve saw in about the last 5 times just great so many highlights ,Hey Jane , Born Never Asked/Electric Mainline,She Kissed Me ,could probably go right through the set,the mix of old and new was perfect ,the new all sounded awesome ,where some of them sounded maybe a bit hesitant last year,they all sounded great really up for the new album now ,f8cking Spiritualized !!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Tufty wrote:Cop Shoot Cop MP3 -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/83s6ybp2voqa7bs/Cop Shoot Cop-Glasgow 2012.mp3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pajy1

X
Thanks for this. Sounds amazing!

Did you record the whole show by chance?
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

Hi toomilk, thanks for the kind words and to everyone else who said thanks, much appreciated! Yes, full gig recorded, but it's not ready yet - I can't put an exact timescale on it but definately soon :) X
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Tufty wrote:Hi toomilk, thanks for the kind words and to everyone else who said thanks, much appreciated! Yes, full gig recorded, but it's not ready yet - I can't put an exact timescale on it but definately soon :) X
Amazing, cheers Tufty.
tied up
Known user

Post by tied up »

Brilliant night, really enjoyed the gig.

Big thanks to Tufty for Cop Shoot Cop, that was definitely a highlight.
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

Hi people.
1st post here. long term Spiritualized fan, long term lurker of this board. Decided to join a few days ago.

Glezga was a great show, not the best from them I have seen but a belter all the same. "Electric Mainline" was off the radar. Nice visuals, plenty stobes, Jason in his croc shoes and shades, what more could ye want?

Met BzaInSpace and his partner which was very nice, top night had by all.
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

What an amazing gig at the ABC, again!
marmalade
Known user

Post by marmalade »

to be honest i thought the new stuff was pretty dirge like for the most part, lifeless. Saw the gig at Edinburgh a few months ago and it sounded a bit better, not sure why . . . but the old material just blows the new stuff out of the water

Electric Mainline nearly made up for missing Manuel Gottsching when he played Glasgow a year or so ago, absolutely awesome!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

It's interesting and exciting that the setlist has been changing so dramatically. There are a few songs from the new album that I really want to hear when they come to Chicago in May. "Too Late" is stunningly beautiful and hasn't been played recently. I hope it comes back. "Freedom" and "Life Is A Problem" have been absent lately, too. I'd rather hear any of these three over the ballads from Amazing Grace.
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

Cop Shoot Cop is in the setlist? Yay!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

TheWarmth wrote:It's interesting and exciting that the setlist has been changing so dramatically. There are a few songs from the new album that I really want to hear when they come to Chicago in May. "Too Late" is stunningly beautiful and hasn't been played recently. I hope it comes back. "Freedom" and "Life Is A Problem" have been absent lately, too. I'd rather hear any of these three over the ballads from Amazing Grace.
there does seem to be a lot of change to the setlists. not only in terms of the amount of change since the A&E tour but also very recently. there are songs that they played on the October dates, or in Japan/Ireland that they are not playing on the UK tour.
I still can't believe they have played the Twelve Steps (and also that they didn't play it on the date I saw- gutted!)
I would also prefer to have Too Late come back and maybe replace Oh Baby or something like that.

the current version of So Long You Pretty Things does seem to be a little shorter than previously. or maybe I'm imagining it.
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

angelsighs wrote: I still can't believe they have played the Twelve Steps (and also that they didn't play it on the date I saw- gutted!)
I would love to have heard The Twelve Steps at Glasgow, the last time I heard that was (I think) Edinburgh 2002.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

YerMa wrote:
angelsighs wrote: I still can't believe they have played the Twelve Steps (and also that they didn't play it on the date I saw- gutted!)
I would love to have heard The Twelve Steps at Glasgow, the last time I heard that was (I think) Edinburgh 2002.
I'm 90% sure The Twelve Steps has never been played live before this tour..
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote:
YerMa wrote:
Hmm... dunno, i thought i'd heard it live at some point but i'm certainly not definite about that.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

Spiritualized
ABC Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Thursday 22nd March 2012

01 Come Together
02 Hey Jane
03 Lord Let It Rain On Me
04 Heading For The Top
05 She Kissed Me (It Felt Like A Hit)
06 Lay Back In The Sun
07 Oh Baby
08 Rated X
09 I Am What I Am
10 Electric Mainline
11 Mary
12 Stay With Me
13 So Long
14 Electricity
15 Cop Shoot Cop

Complete MP3's - 223mb zipfile - http://www.4shared.com/rar/J64qhCRU/file.html

FLACS on Dime here - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=398961

X
TimAb
New user

Post by TimAb »

Your recordings are so greatly appreciated. Thanks! Will finally get to see them in Philadelphia in May after a 9 year stretch.
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

angelsighs wrote:
YerMa wrote:
Ahh, I stand corrected. 2002 was a long time ago. :wink:
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

Many thanks for the recording Tufty, I look forward to hearing the show again.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Once again, thank you Tufty :)
JJ1977
Known user

Post by JJ1977 »

Big thanks to Tufty, really is greatly appreciated..
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Thanks Tufty, your time and effort is appreciated :D
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

Tufty, you are a legend! Many thanks for your work
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Thanks man.
Appreciate the recording.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

thanks tufty. again!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
tezza
New user

Post by tezza »

Cheers Tufty. It was great to relive the gig again
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

Thank you Tufty for soundtracking my life. Again. It's hugely appreciated. I half expect you to record my wedding for me!
tied up
Known user

Post by tied up »

Thanks for the download Tufty, very much appreciated.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

YerMa wrote:Hi people.
1st post here. long term Spiritualized fan, long term lurker of this board. Decided to join a few days ago.

Glezga was a great show, not the best from them I have seen but a belter all the same. "Electric Mainline" was off the radar. Nice visuals, plenty stobes, Jason in his croc shoes and shades, what more could ye want?

Haha, nice to meet you too sir, it was a cracker wasn't it. Good having you round here: we definitely need more posters who like Prince as much as Spiritualized. :wink:
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Tufty wrote:Spiritualized
ABC Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Thursday 22nd March 2012

01 Come Together
02 Hey Jane
03 Lord Let It Rain On Me
04 Heading For The Top
05 She Kissed Me (It Felt Like A Hit)
06 Lay Back In The Sun
07 Oh Baby
08 Rated X
09 I Am What I Am
10 Electric Mainline
11 Mary
12 Stay With Me
13 So Long
14 Electricity
15 Cop Shoot Cop...
Tufty, thanks so much, again! A beautiful recording of a beautiful gig.
Really enjoyed listening to this over the last few days. Brings back so much to me, it's been a week already, mad.
Great to hear both guitars well up in the mix there. Forgot just how good 'Stay With Me' was. Listen to the crowd at the beginning! And how amazing was 'Lay Back In The Sun'. I get shivers just listening to Doggen's masterful use of feedback in the outro to 'Oh Baby' - watching him playing this was something else. I also remember the mad op-art graphic during 'Born Never Asked' that changed on cue with the start of 'Electric Mainline', which was just crazy. It just kept building and building. Your recording captures the sheer intensity of that very well I think.

So many thanks, live album of the year already maybe, also stoked at the photograph bundled with the zip! :wink:

Cheers!
O P 8
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

Thank you so much, everyone, for talking the time to say thanks, it really makes it all worthwhile to know others are enjoying my recordings, and if they bring back good memories, even better. I always get really nervous on the night about taping Spiritualized as they are one of my favourite bands to record. I get a real buzz trying to procure a half decent recording for moi and the troops.
BzaInSpace your picture is fantastic, I really liked it - was considering attempting making a cover from it but my artistic skills are limited to Paint software (see rubbishy Glasgow? pic) so decided to stop messing about and just release the recording. I had a quick look for more pictures, but there was none to be had at the time, sadly. Would love to see more, if you have them.
I'm really suprised no other recordings have surfaced as yet. I know Jamroom from Dime also recorded the Glasgow show, he's not released it yet, but I hope he does as his boots always sound great. Another guy taped the Manchester show, but sadly he had technical difficulties and was gutted to find his recording unlistenable. A common theme from the other tapers has been excessive audience noise at the shows, you know the usual drunken bams chatting away about their new car during the opening intro of Shine A Light etc. It kind of goes with the territory really, and although you are aware of the chatters in the Glasgow boot, I was relatively lucky at avoiding the worse of it. I do think at least another recording will appear though, will be suprised if one doesn't.
Cheers again guys! Thanks also to Moggieboy for being a second pair of ears for me when I was remastering the tracks. One day, perhaps when time and money permit, I'll do a whole Spiritualized tour. That would be amazing! I can dream anyway.... X
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

Thanks, Tufty.

Quick technical question. I'm opening the MP3 files using WinRAR and playing them with VLC, and the sound is really distorted. Is there another program I should use?
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

Do other MP3's work ok on VLC? If not, try deleting VLC then reinstall it.

If other MP3's play fine on VLC, I would try re-downloading the Glasgow bootleg, try this link here -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fiotkb

then unzip the new download and try that. It may just be an issue with your original download X
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

tufty ,cheers ,this is at least the third recording of a Spiritualized gig I`ve been at you`ve done ,your faceless work is not unappreciated ,top work from a sound philanthropist extrordinaire!!
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

That worked - cheers, Tufty.
Tufty wrote:Do other MP3's work ok on VLC? If not, try deleting VLC then reinstall it.

If other MP3's play fine on VLC, I would try re-downloading the Glasgow bootleg, try this link here -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fiotkb

then unzip the new download and try that. It may just be an issue with your original download X
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

BzaInSpace wrote:
YerMa wrote:Hi people.

Haha, nice to meet you too sir, it was a cracker wasn't it. Good having you round here: we definitely need more posters who like Prince as much as Spiritualized. :wink:
It was great indeed, and cheers.
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

The bass on 'Heading for the Top' sounds fantastic!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Pat Garrett wrote:The bass on 'Heading for the Top' sounds fantastic!
agreed.. just came here to post this.. that bass line is tasty!!
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I Wish I was with You;

HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH FUN: and BEAM ME a LITTLE BIT OF THE EXTRA!

I look forward to the NEWS of it all!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

finally got around to listening to this recording (i've been absorbed by the new beach house record) and holy crap it sounds AMAZING! thanks so much for sharing! i'm eagerly awaiting the show in may. i like how they've slowed down 'i am what i am' to make it sound even more bad-ass.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

listening to Heading For The Top just now ,man its good 8)
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

Could somebody possibly upload this show again? It would be greatly appreciated :D
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

Dreamweapon wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm Here you go:

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/BaxmRbri/file.html
Did you go to the London show by any chance?
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Regrettably not.

Any other boots you're after?
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

Dreamweapon wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm Here you go:

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/BaxmRbri/file.html
You're a star :D Thanks a lot!
Billy Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy Whizz »

Dreamweapon wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:51 pm Regrettably not.

Any other boots you're after?
Shame. I didn't either but the missus went up for it. Thought you might try and go down for it if you could. I did wonder if you might bump in to each other, but obviously not!
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY