bristol 02 academy 21st March

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Rez91
New user

bristol 02 academy 21st March

Post by Rez91 »

Alright everyone, anyone got an exact setlist? I think it was pretty much the same as the one posted in the hackney empire thread, but I have a terrible memory so I'm not totally sure.

fantastic gig, my first time seeing spz after spurning a few opportunities to see them so my hype level was critical.several minor gripes - the sound was cool but could have done with being turned up a tad, so long you pretty things is really grating for the first half, but after that it's beautiful, and I was much too sober. but apart from those, awe inspiring.
plastic37
Known user

Re: bristol 02 academy 21st March

Post by plastic37 »

"a complete waste of an evening :lol:"

I was there too.
Really good choice of songs especially Stay With me and Born Never Asked (that's the one :roll: )/Electric Mainline. I do wish those songs had been louder though as i am sure the volume crept up later on. This is something that i notice a lot at Spiritualized gigs and others also comment on. I didn't miss Walking with Jesus or Take Me To The Otherside. It must be getting really difficult to select songs for a 90 minute set. I am sure that one day we'll get more - 3 songs from each album - I'm sure the perfect set list has been discussed elsewhere.

I loved the simple use of shadows rotating round the stage and would encourage that sort of lighting above digital projections.
Was glad i made the effort to see them in a different city.
Last edited by plastic37 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavy Tourism
eelnekwah
Known user

Re: bristol 02 academy 21st March

Post by eelnekwah »

My 2nd gig of this tour - 1st being Portsmouth last Saturday.
This version of the band is hitting the spot for me - great setlist also with no lulls for me.Was centre stage leaning on the barrier with good views, and sound seemed pretty full on from down there.Its right whats being said about the lighting and strobes - pretty full on.Even more intense in a smaller venue I think!!
Having Born Never Asked / Electric Mainline back in the set was a beauty.
Cop Shoot Cop and Stay With Me blew me away.
Can't get Hey Jane out of my head - going over and over.Gets me every time I hear it
Every moment was a massive high for me - I'd have been more than happy for it go on and on
Listened to nothing but the October boots the last few days
Roll on next time- whenever that'll be. Hoping that some more regional dates will be added later in the year