No A&E songs, huh?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

PeshoG
Known user

No A&E songs, huh?

Post by PeshoG »

I was just looking at the recent setlists and found it odd that Jason isn't playing a single song from the last album.
I thought A&E was a fantastic record. Kind of bummed that I won't get to hear Soul on fire or Sitting on fire when I see them in NYC. Any thoughts on why you think he's ignoring this album?
YerMa
Known user

Re: No A&E songs, huh?

Post by YerMa »

Maybe he will play A&E songs when he gets to Noo Yoik.
:wink:
PeshoG
Known user

Post by PeshoG »

I hope so. Jason seems like the kind of dude that just has one setlist per tour. So although I'd like to see it happen, I'm not getting my hopes up.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

i relaised the other day whilst listening the the scotish boot mt tuffy kindly uploaded- is this the first spz boot i've heared without shine a light?? also is any of lgm on it?
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

The setlist'll change for the next leg (America?)

Woulda liked Sweet Talk but YLYC/Gotta Fire woulda fit the rock heavy set better.

Can't say I missed Shine a Light/Take Your Time/TMTTOS too much seem them loads. Am sure they'll be added to the set as the year goes on..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

they didn't play any songs off 'let it come down' on the 'amazing grace' tour. i'm sure the a&e songs will return at some point.
PeshoG
Known user

Post by PeshoG »

I wish they would just play Let it Come Down in it's entirety. At least "straight and narrow."
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I also find it a bit strange that there's not at least one A&E song getting played.

it is true that Jason likes to rejig the set between tour legs so I think maybe one or two songs make be reintroduced. maybe he's just a bit bored of them?
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

I would've been happy to hear YLYC but that's about it really. I still like the AG slow numbers better. I was more surprised at nothing from LGM - they played Sway in October, so I would have expected them to toy some more with that, but then I'm not sure where it would have fitted in that setlist.
stevelee101
Known user

Post by stevelee101 »

shalloboi wrote:they didn't play any songs off 'let it come down' on the 'amazing grace' tour. i'm sure the a&e songs will return at some point.
At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, they don't usually play songs from the previous album ie. the one before the current one, but then go back and, er, 'rediscover' them later on... I think I need to get out more! :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

He made some changes on the US Acoustic Mainlines tour. It was only 5 or 6 dates..
Added Shine A Light in Toronto and played it in Boston and then the London christmas shows.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

stevelee101 wrote:
shalloboi wrote:they didn't play any songs off 'let it come down' on the 'amazing grace' tour. i'm sure the a&e songs will return at some point.
At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, they don't usually play songs from the previous album ie. the one before the current one, but then go back and, er, 'rediscover' them later on... I think I need to get out more! :roll:
fellow nerd here :) you are largely right. although the Amazing Grace songs seem to be the exception weirdly.

sometimes I wish the band were one of those who play a different set each night, with more variation. but Jason only seems to have a significant rejig between tour legs. he seems to be more one for crafting a set and then honing it until it becomes a well oiled machine.

I remember on the Acoustic Mainline shows when Broken Heart and the 'hoedown' version of I Think Im In Love were added.. superb. or on the A&E tour when Lay Back In The Sun was excavated for the first time in ten years or so.