Detroit May 4th

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spzretent
Site Admin

Detroit May 4th

Post by spzretent »

Here is the setlist:
Hey Jane
Lord Let it Rain on Me
Headin' for the Top Now
She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)
Lay Back in the Sun
Oh Baby
Rated X
I Am What I Am
Born Never Asked
Electric Mainline
Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
Mary
Stay With Me
So Long You Pretty Thing
Come Together

Encore:
Electricity
Cop Shoot Cop

Amazing show in a historic venue with notoriously poor sound. Kudos to the soundman. It sounded great. There was a palpable energy onstage between band that was evident including the giant grin on Jason's face as he left before encore and definitely after the encore. Among the highlights for me would be: Lay Back In The Sun, Electric Mainline, Stay With Me, Mary and defintely Cop Shoot Cop. But my favorite new Spiritualized song is So Long You Pretty Thing. And live it was amazing. I may also add the two back up singers add plenty of energy that immediately struck me from the first song.

Spiritualized shows in Detroit turn into reunions with old customers(literally and figuratively). The fact they are still showing up after 20 years is a testament to the band. Some new faces too: t0kdag0n or John was nice to meet you. jmb066 or Jason-nice to put a face with a username. Lots of folks left with smiles and signed LPs. It was great to see old customers and friends.

Kudos to Detroit for cleaning out the Lps at the merch booth. And lots of other stuff.
If I were younger and a whole lot wealthier i'd be at a lot more shows.

Here is a link to a review by someone who claims to be part Juggalo that one can only hope thats a joke but i'm not sure:
http://blogs.detroitnews.com/poptropoli ... c-theatre/
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
jmb066
Known user

Re: Detroit May 4th

Post by jmb066 »

Alan,

It was an amazing show and a great night, if not for you and your store I might not be here today posting about Spiritualized. Sometime in 95 you were playing Pure Phase and I had to have it, I think I bought the Let It Flow triple pack as well. After that I wanted everything else you had. You also tracked down plenty of rare singles and also turned me on to S3 and Spectrum. It was good to see you and Brett, miss those stores and the whole record store treasure hunts I would go on every weekend. The review of the show did not live up to the actual show itself, my wifes 1st Spiritualized show and she was blown away, she has been a casual fan and listens to the music with me but now she wants a copy of every album. Looking forward to the next 20 years.

Very nice for Detroit so many bands are skipping the city lately and it is a shame.

Jason
Jason Burkett
t0kdag0n
Known user

Re: Detroit May 4th

Post by t0kdag0n »

Hey Alan - it was great meeting you and the Detroit crew too! I also felt it was an energized show. From where I was standing the sound was as good as it could get. I thought the 5 piece line-up is really tight and Doggen in particular was letting loose some blistering sounds. One of those nights where everything came together nicely. And Jason, as always, is such a gentleman. I would love to make a jaunt out West for one more ride.