Lanegan Detroit

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spzretent
Site Admin

Lanegan Detroit

Post by spzretent »

Detroit got lucky last night.
Mark Lanegan at Small's. Sold out. Capacity maybe 300.
The set was pretty much most of the new LP(not a bad thing) and Bubblegum. The band was really incredible. At times veering into a Stooges/Screaming Trees hybrid.
Mark Lanegan had never played a show without Screaming Trees in Detroit. Two solo shows had been canceled.
So it was great to see him here. The crowd was certainly into it.
Not a lot of folks talking but where I was 2 people who insisted in smoking and when I asked them to put out their cigarettes they looked at me like I was nuts. It is illegal to smoke in a bar/restaurant in Michigan.
Also this new pastime of constantly texting.
Is nothing sacred anymore?
I just dont get people
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
redcloud
Known user

Re: Lanegan Detroit

Post by redcloud »

Great news. Looking forward to seeing and hearing his electric band. Last time he played Portland it was just Mark and an acoustic guitar player. Brilliant and mesmerizing but a full electric set is well due. He plays Portland next Sat (5/26).

Agreed about texting and filming throughout gigs. I hate seeing the illuminated screens pointed up towards the stage. It is a serious distraction for everybody behind. I don't mind the occasional filming but during BJM people were filming what seemed like the entire show with their iphones. The ones who text through it...well, they don't distract me nor do they stop me from enjoying a gig but I do sit there wondering why go to the gig in the first place if the conversation you are having with the person who isn't there is clearly more important than the music or the show?