Belly Up - May 21st, 2012

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Belly Up - May 21st, 2012

Post by toomilk »

Great show tonight. Sound was really great, but could have been a bit louder. Same set list as all the others.

J seemed really into the show. Lots of extended parts, lots of improvisation, lots of shouting away from and into the mics. It's really late and I can't think straight, but I believe he started singing a verse of "She Kissed Me..." at an extended section of "Heading for the Top." Not a mistake!

I hope someone recorded it!
Multi
Known user

Re: Belly Up - May 21st, 2012

Post by Multi »

Soul on Fire in the set or Lay Back In the Sun?
lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

Having seen the Chicago and Detroit shows (care of Spzretent / Alan in Detroit), I can say that this was a very special show...

Where I was standing, the sound was huge - perfect in tone and volume, full of everything, and that's how they kicked off the show - a great Spaceman Jam before getting into Hey Jane...this version was was so wonderful...they built it up with such intense beauty and precision...this being my third show on this tour it was like experiencing something coming of age...they were at their peak, operating on the same wavelength, and it was amazing!

Jason wore a white long-sleeved collared shirt and really took on the look and role of a soul-conductor. The bass player has got it nailed. Kevin behind the drums was explosive, and so great to see him open it all up from the very first moment of the intro jam.

I brought a friend who only heard good things from me...wondered where he, as I do with music from him, would make the 'connection' to this band...ends up it was during the peak of "Electric Mainline" - the instrumental with a 6/8 beat! There was a beam of energy emitting from stage during this song that must have come from the alignment earlier that afternoon of the moon and the earth. It passed through everyone in the 600-capacity crowd.

I feel so lucky to have been at this show. Having been to the Echo/Myspace show in LA on the last tour, and talking with Jason and (keyboardist I'm sorry I forgot your name) after the Chicago show who said that show was one of their most memorable - from my perspective, at least, this was right up there as well...

Other highlights - Walking with Jesus: extended quiet jam at the end where Jason for the first time emitted sounds direct from the Spacemen 3 days. I've only seen this song done with an acoustic guitar, so the telecaster and the rest of the band were to thank for this wonderful moment...

No 'lay back in the sun' or 'electricty'...

"Heading for the top now" just kinda started, and I noticed no one really knew what was going on...that's just kinda how the song goes...but then all of the sudden someone yelled and we all realized we were in the middle of one of the best jams of the year...

Spiritualized in 2012 in perfect harmony. Last night, near the ocean...

Have a great trip up the West Coast guys and gals...we'll see you next time around!

-m
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Multi wrote:Soul on Fire in the set or Lay Back In the Sun?
Soul on Fire
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150898700268270

I made a couple short video clips. Agree with the comments above. The best part was reading the little poems Jason had infront of him as lyric sheets, one of the moderators needs to get images of these for the website! They were amazing, and totally huh?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

My pictures:

Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Hi toomilk

How did you upload the pics. When I've tried, it says they're too large!

Cheers!
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

If someone can convert my videos to YouTube that would be cool, I'd like to take them down, I do not like Facebook. I used it because my iPhoto would let me post directly to that website. I think they are good and capture the essence of the show.
pilgrimdroveplymouth
Known user

Post by pilgrimdroveplymouth »

dselevan2 wrote:If someone can convert my videos to YouTube that would be cool, I'd like to take them down, I do not like Facebook. I used it because my iPhoto would let me post directly to that website. I think they are good and capture the essence of the show.
iMovie will upload them to youtube for you.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

YouTube doesn't work for me. I reset my password and tried to upload from my iPhone and it keeps rejecting my login credentials.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Dreamweapon wrote:Hi toomilk

How did you upload the pics. When I've tried, it says they're too large!

Cheers!
I posted them on facebook and then posted the links to the images in the bb code here.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I really miss the spiritualized weekend and mostly the tiger patch.