The Fillmore - San Francisco May 23'rd

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

zaydon
Known user

The Fillmore - San Francisco May 23'rd

Post by zaydon »

Can I (we) get the setlist if anyone has it? I was there but don't recall everything..

Things heard during the show:
- OMG! This is the Volkswagen commercial.
- Talking about a work email during an amazing version of Walking with Jesus.
Mussels
Known user

Re: The Fillmore - San Francisco May 23'rd

Post by Mussels »

the poster sucks.
tobywoo
New user

Post by tobywoo »

Hahaha...there was a guy next to me and my date that must have been live-blogging, or text-chatting with Hillary Clinton or something, but it was SO bad and constant, that my date finally reached over and said "Honey...you know you are at a concert right?" In a sincere and sweetly curious tone. He looked up, befuddled, almost as if he HADN'T realized and wandered off, face still glued to display screen...just WOW.

There seemed to be a real mix of fans, and folks who heard there was a show by a band that rarely plays in America, coming to the Fillmore on Wednesday, and decided to show up. If so, this probably was not the best first taste of the glory that is a Spiritualized show. It was my date's first exposure to them, and she seemed to sincerely enjoy herself...as did most of the faces I saw as I looked around, once they were a couple songs in.

Overall, I didn't like the show as well as the other times I've seen them. When they played Bimbo's last, the wall off (at Bimbo's, and Fillmore previously...London back in 94/95). However, it was still amazing. A couple of the tracks were the best versions I'd heard...Walking With Jesus being one of them. Great show overall...would really like to get a setlist, as I tend to "forget" the order of songs when I go to concerts (guess I could always tap away at my phone to remember. :wink: ). I also wish I had taken a closer look at the Merch booth. I was really hoping they would have a simpler version of the $40 poster at the door...I guess I should have just sprung for the expensive one.
tobywoo
New user

Post by tobywoo »

http://spinningplatters.com/2012/05/28/ ... ore-52312/ There is a setlist at the end of the review. :-)