Moon Duo/ Hook Worms

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

olan
Known user

Moon Duo/ Hook Worms

Post by olan »

Good show last night in Liverpool. First time I saw Hookworms, really enjoyed their set, and was particularly impressed with the amount of energy the keyboard player/vocalist put into the show. He was certainly right into it. Two other bands played neither of whom really did much for me.....

Moon Duo were excellent. Nice projections and a really well mixed show. The setlist was:
Stumbling 22nd St
Run Around
Mazes
Catch
Motorcycle
In the sun
When you cut
Goners
Set it on fire
Fallout

I was far more impressed with this show than the recent White Hills gig in Liverpool.I spoke to Ripley after the the show, who seems like the worlds most laid back bloke. Sanae Yamada has a fairly impressive stage presence...... :D

They are playing Newcastle tonight and are well worth the £9 on the door. Pretty much the best show I've been to so far this year. Having said that, Mugstar and Damo Suzuki are playing the Kazimier on June 22nd, which promises to be a pretty good nighgt out.
clewsr
Known user

Re: Moon Duo/ Hook Worms

Post by clewsr »

ah nuts. Gutted I missed this Olan, was going to go, but then things have been a little hectic and forgot all about it. Glad it was a good show, would really have liked to see the Hookworms.
tav falco
Known user

Post by tav falco »

bugger I knew there somebody on here going, it was quality wasn't it? Hookworms were boss,

"it'd be cool if you guys could come a little closer to the stage" :D

btw olan did you have a spacemen 3 t shirt on?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Nope. It was s grey White Hills tee-shirt. Matches my hair and covers the flab......