Stone Roses - Heaton Park

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spunder
Known user

Stone Roses - Heaton Park

Post by spunder »

anyone else joining the Roses party or are we all too cynical. i'll be there sunday so i'll have to endure Plan B :( whose idea was that??!?!

anyway, i reckon they been sounding purdy cool so far in Europe, theres an ace Love Spreads from Amsterdam on youtube....wonder if theyll play any of the 17 new stuffs Reni has alluded to..??

should really have got Happy Mondays and 808 State to support...no?
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Stone Roses - Heaton Park

Post by angelsighs »

I'm not going myself, but only because it was pretty expensive and I'd rather see them in a smaller venue.

I have been following the reunion from a distance and been pleasantly surprised with what I've heard- not bad at all. a mixed bag with some shoddy moments (the version of Adored I heard sounded a bit clunky and pubrock), but the version of Fools Gold is brilliant- they jam on it for ages
the setlists seem pretty good, although I wish they would play more of Second Coming. it seems like they are admitting they think it's crap. I really like it and also think it's a great showcase for some Squire instrumental fireworks

I very much doubt they will play a new song

anyway. let us know how it goes. hope they blow you away!
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

cant wait to see Reni play....if i can get near enough! being a drummer myself i think i'm in love with him, NEVER get bored of watching him play.he was also a bit of a gobby revelation at the press conference. was invited to go to Spike Island when i was 14 but turned it down :-/

would like a Begging You ...pretty obsessed with that tune at the mo.
CalTheSpaceman+
Known user

Post by CalTheSpaceman+ »

I saw some fella with a Huh? shirt on the Sunday :mrgreen:

Fantastic Gig.
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

whole day was amazing. Wailers lifted the vibe sky high. i've never been to such a loved up and happy gig....the Justice Tonight Band played Groovy Train and All Together Now with about 12 guitarists onstage..mad. was right down the front for the Roses...my only gripes are,,, i reckon they shouldve intro'd w/ Breaking Into Heaven and for some reason, Reni has mucked the Fools Gold beat up and is fannying around all over the kit instead of just playing The Funky Drummer.....anyway awesome, Waterfall into Dont Stop ..WOW. a very special day :)
tommy_b
Known user

Post by tommy_b »

WOW!!

Right now, I can't remember experiencing such a euphoric, positive music event. It genuinely brought tears to my eyes, and with so much at stake they delivered in spades! Reni and Mani were almost telepathic in their ability to keep the groove going, wherever it was going, John Squire reminded everyone why he is considered one of the guitarists of his generation, and Ian Brown more than held his own from the off. On the few occasions he struggled (Don't Stop and Elizabeth my dear) the crowd compensated, and Mani brought him back.And we forgive such. Fools Gold and This Is The One were absolutely epic!

CLASSICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

tommy_b wrote:John Squire reminded everyone why he is considered one of the guitarists of his generation
I also am a guitarist of my own generation, albeit not a very good one.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Any good bootlegs doing the rounds yet?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

a mate whose opinion I kinda respect saw them last weekend at TinThe Park and said they were"better than I expected" not exactly a resounding thumbs up exactly ,but better than I thought he would have said,