blatant plug...sorry...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

21GUNS

blatant plug...sorry...

Post by 21GUNS »

hi just a heads up (remove if necessary, but no harm intended!!)

we're a band from the North East... we've been regularly compared to Spiritualized and are all Spacemen3 devotees... we gave Jason a copy of our demo CD last year when he was up playing the uni with the band and he said he thought it was cool... (plug or what?!)...

"....21gunsalute join the queue to be next in line to the former thrones of Spiritualized, Doves and British Sea Power to be fragile indie kings... with their gospel drenched organs they create an impressive wall of sound.... hugely epic and poweful... 4 out of 5 ..." PLANET SOUND C4, 7/12/04

"...big, beautiful, epic songs with gospel choirs and gorgeous melodies...'' LAMACQ RADIO ONE

we're playing our first gig out of town @ the Metro Club, London, on THURSDAY 20TH JANUARY 2005...8pm... with other bands tbc.

if anyones around in London we'd appreciate it if you fancy popping down for a listen, do so...

http://www.21gunsalute.net

(being updated as we speak)

cheers...
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

persumably the same 21gunsalute that have an ep out on captains of industry......

my mates TEAM are signed to them.....good label too.

I might have to order a copy of this, it has had good reviews across the place.
21GUNS

yep

Post by 21GUNS »

cheers mate yes thats us...

its our first gig outside sunderland/newcastle so it'll be interesting

yeh i think the CD ep is almost sold out which has been a real suprise, you should be able to get it on the captainsof.com website if youre interested

similarly, if you want a cd of our '2003/04' demos on a cd leave an email or something here or a note and i'll pm you
Heady
Known user

Post by Heady »

Drop me a PM 21Guns, would be interested in hearing a demo (before this thread is deleted!).
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

aha, nice one, send me a pm and i'll have a 21gun cd.

tell that ben myers bloke not to sell all the cds, and i'll try and order a copy of the ep
21GUNS

demo cd

Post by 21GUNS »

freakbeat_psych@hotmail.com

thats me, doh

send me an email, got a few spare demo cds kickin around etc.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

wow, this strictly violates code of conduct for this board.

shit or get off the pot MAN!!!!!!!

xxxshonnxxx

p/s- seriously though, these cats seem right up our alley. somebody needs to get a copy and give a 'real' review.

best of luck 21GUNS
21GUNS

cheers

Post by 21GUNS »

ahh as i knew youre a cool bunch...

i used to post on here pretty regularly as 'Spacey' by the way... i forgot my log in thingy...

i'll sort cdrs out

i have also been in touch with Pete about playing up newcastle and he said he should be ready to tour new Spectrum lineup around mayl/june time...
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

a beautiful noise wrote:wow, this strictly violates code of conduct for this board.

shit or get off the pot MAN!!!!!!!

xxxshonnxxx

p/s- seriously though, these cats seem right up our alley. somebody needs to get a copy and give a 'real' review.

best of luck 21GUNS
to be sure, he did only post on this board (IMHO what this board is for). Yr proper spammer would have pasted the same message over all 4 boards!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

21Guns

Are you going to contact those of us who emailed you privately? Just curious. I am really looking forward to this.
Spzretent
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

i'm actually all for bands that "think" they have a lineage to SP3 or spiritualized to post here. it's a great way to check out some hopefully quality bands.

xxxshonnxxx
will this do

Post by will this do »

Or at least to laugh at the pathetic no-marks feeble attempts at ROCK.

But it still annoys when they just turn up, usually with a crap log in, and plaster all 4 boards with some shit pleading for votes for their band's website, and then you never hear from them again.
gillian

Post by gillian »

Seriously though, I've been following 21gunsalute for a few years now and they are the best band around at the moment.

Go see them while you can before they get massive :)

Might see some of you at the gig on Thursday then...
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Can i whore the high plane drifters here?

Sorry, i dont want to add another thread :)

They have been compared to spacemen 3 and played a few dates with david viner not too long back.

http://www.thehighplanedrifters.co.uk

Should also add the record was pressed on red vinyl :)
Last edited by candy-cane-girl on Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
21GUNS

thanks....

Post by 21GUNS »

to - ''will this do''... how can you lambast me for signing in under a guest ID when youre doing the same thing? if you dont like our band, fine...

for your information i've been gracing these boards for a good while now under various guises... the most recent being ''spacey''... and i have all the spacemen/spz cds/vinyls... so is it ok if i mention my band now??

lighten up, i've not spammed the board, i made 1 post

for those who've emailed i'll reply asap, i've been off work since last weds on annual leave to sort for the gig etc so been busy... thanks...

ps. the gig went fine, sold out... appreciate it if anyone from here did come down... cheers...
will this do

Re: thanks....

Post by will this do »

21GUNS wrote:to - ''will this do''... how can you lambast me for signing in under a guest ID when youre doing the same thing? if you dont like our band, fine...

. ..
That wasn't what I was doing. Calm down, read it again more carefully. If you still think that's what I meant, then I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I haven't heard your band, but I'm looking forward to it.
21GUNS

no probs

Post by 21GUNS »

no problem, i know messages can be mis-interpreted etc over this type of medium especially... and i myself hate people who simply spam and flood post forums with pointless messages which could be on 1 post etc...