Swans live during Nov in the UK

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

stevelee101
Known user

Swans live during Nov in the UK

Post by stevelee101 »

Seems like some sonic violence is in order. :twisted: Did anyone catch them a couple of years back, last time they hit these shores? Verdict?

http://younggodrecords.com/live-shows
toomilk
Known user

Re: Swans live during Nov in the UK

Post by toomilk »

Going to the Hollywood show. I'll be in the UK again in November, but it looks like I'll just be missing them.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I saw them in Brighton on the last tour, they were bloody great. Still got it.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

no Midlands date :(
I'm not a huge Swans fan, but I'd definitely like to check out their much renowned live show
davidsussex
New user

Post by davidsussex »

Saw them on the last tour in Brighton were they lived up to the expectation I had and have tickets for London this time. The new album is very good. Quite heavy and intense almost like going back to very early Swans
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

what early Swans would you recommend?
davidsussex
New user

Post by davidsussex »

angelsighs wrote:what early Swans would you recommend?
Give Cop or the Raping a Slave EP a try. Both classic slabs of early Swans
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

davidsussex wrote:
angelsighs wrote:what early Swans would you recommend?
Give Cop or the Raping a Slave EP a try. Both classic slabs of early Swans
thanks, have ordered Cop/Young God/Greed/Holy Money.. should give me a good taste of early Swans
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

These guys are playing Portland in early Sept as part of our Music Fest North West Festival (so are Moon Duo and The Men).

Does Ricky Maymi (BJM lead guitarist) play in Swans or is there a connection with him somewhere? I thought I read that he played with them at some point in England (Liverpool maybe? Possibly just joining them for the night as a guest)?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

redcloud wrote: Does Ricky Maymi (BJM lead guitarist) play in Swans or is there a connection with him somewhere? I thought I read that he played with them at some point in England (Liverpool maybe? Possibly just joining them for the night as a guest)?
you're not thinking of Wild Swans are you?
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

angelsighs wrote:
redcloud wrote: Does Ricky Maymi (BJM lead guitarist) play in Swans or is there a connection with him somewhere? I thought I read that he played with them at some point in England (Liverpool maybe? Possibly just joining them for the night as a guest)?
you're not thinking of Wild Swans are you?
Possibly. I remember seeing photos of Maymi playing somewhere in the north of England with a band that I think had Swans in their name. Lots of Union Jacks everywhere.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I would highly recommend seeing Swans if you get the chance. They were fantastic last month. Completely brutal, heavy, and super dark, yet breathtakingly beautiful at the same time. I would definitely rank it up there in my top 10 shows I've been to.

It was also probably the loudest show I've ever seen in my life. Wear earplugs.
stevelee101
Known user

Post by stevelee101 »

toomilk wrote:I would highly recommend seeing Swans if you get the chance. They were fantastic last month. Completely brutal, heavy, and super dark, yet breathtakingly beautiful at the same time. I would definitely rank it up there in my top 10 shows I've been to.

It was also probably the loudest show I've ever seen in my life. Wear earplugs.
I've been pondering investing in some ear plugs for a while - Motorhead actually made me feel a bit ill last time I saw them - so this might be a good opportunity to give some a good test! Old age comes to most of us.....
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Superb gig in Dublin last night. Haven't a clue of what they played but it was a very intense 1hr 50 mins :D I felt exhausted at the end of it. How the band put that kind of performance in night after night i've no idea.
It seemed louder and more full on than their last gig here in the same venue a couple of years ago. Larger turnout this time too. Recommended.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five