Moon Duo Tour - Leeds

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

KingHarry
Known user

Moon Duo Tour - Leeds

Post by KingHarry »

There's no NWest date this time round - Leeds is most likely for me, but a bit of a pain as it looks like a drive. I love this band, more than WShjips I reckon so don;t want to miss. What's the venue like and who going?
davidsussex
New user

Re: Moon Duo Tour - Leeds

Post by davidsussex »

KingHarry wrote:There's no NWest date this time round - Leeds is most likely for me, but a bit of a pain as it looks like a drive. I love this band, more than WShjips I reckon so don;t want to miss. What's the venue like and who going?
I love both Moon Duo and Wooden Shjips and I just wish they would stop the tiny tours... play the whole country please I want to be able to see you without having to drive 200 miles.
tommy_b
Known user

Post by tommy_b »

They are playing the Brudenell Social Club. Without doubt the best venue in the North of England.
Fantastic PA, great size/shape, great beer and always a fine, friendly atmosphere. Well worth travelling to!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

davidsussex wrote:
KingHarry wrote:There's no NWest date this time round - Leeds is most likely for me, but a bit of a pain as it looks like a drive. I love this band, more than WShjips I reckon so don;t want to miss. What's the venue like and who going?
I love both Moon Duo and Wooden Shjips and I just wish they would stop the tiny tours... play the whole country please I want to be able to see you without having to drive 200 miles.
Agreed - a couple of dates and they're off. They played Manchester a couple of months ago which I missed - was completely unaware of it happening even though I check their site pretty regularly.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

tommy_b wrote:They are playing the Brudenell Social Club. Without doubt the best venue in the North of England.
Fantastic PA, great size/shape, great beer and always a fine, friendly atmosphere. Well worth travelling to!
Spot on - will definitely make the trip then. Not been out in Leeds for many years - last venue I went to was probably The Duchess of York.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

KingHarry wrote:Spot on - will definitely make the trip then. Not been out in Leeds for many years - last venue I went to was probably The Duchess of York.
See your PM's Harry...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Seems the Glasgow show in November has been cancelled :(
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Laz69 wrote:Seems the Glasgow show in November has been cancelled :(
where did you hear this shitty news ,I noticed last week it had been moved for a second time to a venue I`d never heard of at the end of Sauchiehall St.
just checked their f/b page and they were talking about Glasgow just yesterday in a way that didn`t suggest it wasn`t on ,
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

The venue concerned isn't open yet. No suggestion it has been cancelled though.

http://www.facebook.com/broadcastglasgow
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

It was meant to be at the Captain's Rest originally, but i checked their website and it said it was cancelled. No mention of another venue, so i'd be happier if i knew where it had been moved to...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

...i really should click on links! :oops:

Glad to see its still on! 8)
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Yeah it was originally Captains Rest, was moved to the new Art School and has now moved to Captains Rest's new venture: Broadcast.
I'd spotted that, but in a shocking development this morning, I also received a phone call from Ticketmaster to inform me of the new venue! :shock:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

flokie wrote:Yeah it was originally Captains Rest, was moved to the new Art School and has now moved to Captains Rest's new venture: Broadcast.
I'd spotted that, but in a shocking development this morning, I also received a phone call from Ticketmaster to inform me of the new venue! :shock:

The Captains Rest needed a new venture ,was only in it once and it was a shit hole frankly , the downstairs gig area seemed like a fire hazard!! and nails sticking out of concrete pillars ,it had ambience if I`m being kind :wink: