2012 European Tour

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

2012 European Tour

Post by toomilk »

Leave it to MTV to post the most comprehensive list thus far...

http://www.mtv.com/artists/spiritualized/tourdates/
spacemanrich
Known user

Re: 2012 European Tour

Post by spacemanrich »

Some of the U.K. shows are in smaller venues i.e. - the Roundhouse and Cambridge Junction. I wonder why ?
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Kin'ell - that Portmerion Festival looks stunning.
Went there this week on holiday with the kids. What a venue that would be. Primal Scream, Death in Vegas, Weatherall, Unabombers ... £100.
Only 2-3 weeks away - need to try and do some planning.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Must admit I'm surprised no one else is raving about Festival Number 6. It really does look fantastic and with a line up that surely ticks a lot of boxes for folk on here. I'm getting really excited about it. Just hope the weather doesn't disappoint... especially as Mrs Shines will be 6 months pregnant by then :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Shinesalight wrote:Must admit I'm surprised no one else is raving about Festival Number 6. It really does look fantastic and with a line up that surely ticks a lot of boxes for folk on here. I'm getting really excited about it. Just hope the weather doesn't disappoint... especially as Mrs Shines will be 6 months pregnant by then :shock:
It's the first I've heard about it. I was there on Wednesday this week - there was some minor advertising for an Icicle Works gig coming up - no mention of this though. Due to short notice, there's no way I'll get a pass for the whole event, may just try and get up for one day - that being the Saturday I would think with Death in Vegas, Primal Scream, Justin Robertson.
You camping? Not sure what the set up is, whether it's on site or some kind of shuttle? Lots of B&B in Portmadog and the like just round the corner.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

There's an even more comprehensive list here, including Australian festivals. http://www.last.fm/music/Spiritualized/+events
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

KingHarry wrote:It's the first I've heard about it. I was there on Wednesday this week - there was some minor advertising for an Icicle Works gig coming up - no mention of this though. Due to short notice, there's no way I'll get a pass for the whole event, may just try and get up for one day - that being the Saturday I would think with Death in Vegas, Primal Scream, Justin Robertson.
You camping? Not sure what the set up is, whether it's on site or some kind of shuttle? Lots of B&B in Portmadog and the like just round the corner.
Don't think there are day tickets to be honest...it's the whole weekend or not at all. As for the B & B's, the festival organiser's are offering rooms there which we looked at but, unfortunately, we couldn't warrant paying what they were asking for.... £1300 for 2 people for 3 nights was the cheapest on offer!!! :shock: (it is pretty high end accommodation though... http://www.festivalnumber6.com/en-uk/co ... ommodation)

In fact, the most disappointing thing about the festival as a whole is the prices that they are asking for the "boutique" camping options. I guess the festival is aimed at an older, more affluent audience and, as it's only a 7,500 capacity, they're having to make their money somewhere. We looked at B & B's a bit further afield but they'd all been snapped up plus it's a bit awkward getting in and out of the festival site... The car park is a bit removed from the site and you have to get a shuttle bus in, which'll mean you're going to have to be pretty efficient with your camping baggage.

Anyway, those points aside, it should be a brilliant weekend and Mrs Shines is really looking forward to it too. Here's another link for those that are interested as I think there are still some tickets left:-

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Shinesalight wrote:
KingHarry wrote:It's the first I've heard about it. I was there on Wednesday this week - there was some minor advertising for an Icicle Works gig coming up - no mention of this though. Due to short notice, there's no way I'll get a pass for the whole event, may just try and get up for one day - that being the Saturday I would think with Death in Vegas, Primal Scream, Justin Robertson.
Don't think there are day tickets to be honest...it's the whole weekend or not at all. As for the B & B's, the festival organiser's are offering rooms there which we looked at but, unfortunately, we couldn't warrant paying what they were asking for.... £1300 for 2 people for 3 nights was the cheapest on offer!!! :shock: (it is pretty high end accommodation though... http://www.festivalnumber6.com/en-uk/co ... ommodation)

In fact, the most disappointing thing about the festival as a whole is the prices that they are asking for the "boutique" camping options. I guess the festival is aimed at an older, more affluent audience and, as it's only a 7,500 capacity, they're having to make their money somewhere. We looked at B & B's a bit further afield but they'd all been snapped up plus it's a bit awkward getting in and out of the festival site... The car park is a bit removed from the site and you have to get a shuttle bus in, which'll mean you're going to have to be pretty efficient with your camping baggage.

Anyway, those points aside, it should be a brilliant weekend and Mrs Shines is really looking forward to it too. Here's another link for those that are interested as I think there are still some tickets left:-

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/
Those £1300+ options are for rooms on site in the village. Bit eye-watering that. Looks great, but looking a bit unlikely for me. Suspect you will have a fckn great time.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Tickets just arrived. Woop..
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Is it too early to start arranging our meetup spots for the shows?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Cracking show, cracking festival. Front row for Spz - suspect set list could be divisive, but whole show washed over and through me. Fiercest version I've experienced of TMTTOS to end, with Jason lobbing his guitar across the stage and 'stomping' off. Most I've seen him look at the audience throughout, and I'd say he enjoyed it - although one review I've read suggests not. Much of the set felt like a great duel - guitars or harmonicas with Doggen.

Fantastic festival overall with great atmosphere, other good bands, and stuff going on. Same again next year please.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Was it this review you read? Lukewarm to say the least -

'However accomplished and polished Spiritualized are in 2012 they can't help but divide. For families and the passing punter tonight's set repels as many as it attracts and against Richard Hawley who comes before the tent is noticeably sparse. A regrettable moot point in an otherwise warm and wondrous night in the grounds of Portmeirion, Wales'.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/13403

Can you remember the full set list?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Yep, that was the review. Can't comment on how full the tent was - we were front row, and full as far as I could see when turning round. The tent would have held 1000s, and Friday people were still arriving and getting their bearings.

We got a full 90 mins, but I'm useless at remembering what was played. All from the Hull list were played, as well as Mary, So Long and I guess a couple of others. For the life of me though I can't remember LAGWAFIS getting played although it's mentioned in the review...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

The festival itself sounds like it was great. Wish I could have gone!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just realized the London gig is on Guy Fawkes' Night. Should we expect fireworks or does no one really give a care?
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

http://festival2012.lesinrocks.com/2012/10/24/live/

Paris Inrocks Festival gig streaming live right now
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I caught the end. Anyone else hear it? Take your Time was too much for the speakers to handle. I don;t think the video people knew it was coming.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
Vinc2
New user

Post by Vinc2 »

The Lyon gig of yesterday was just extraordinary. For me, the best gig of my life since Sigur Ros in 2005. Full review and video coming ...
fritz
New user

Post by fritz »

some video from sunday nights milan show

come down easy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BX7wsqVNk0

smiles - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dygp2BS9Fgs
jongurney
New user

Post by jongurney »

I'm seeing Spz in Den Haag on Sat but it looks like they only have an hour pencilled in. As I understand it, the current tour standard is more like 2. Have any of the other Euro-dates been shortened like this, and if so what was the setlist? I'm fingers-crossing that Come Down Easy stays in...