Bootlegs of the current tour.

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Bootlegs of the current tour.

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

Does anybody have any?
PontiacB
Known user

Re: Bootlegs of the current tour.

Post by PontiacB »

I recorded the Warwick Arts Centre show last night with Church Audio cards and Sony PCM-10. Should have it sorted by the weekend, would sort it earlier but out a bit this week and work. Think it sounds pretty good based on an initial listen. I'll post a link here when done (assume it's still OK to do so here). If anyone can provide a setlist that would help me!
endlessriver
New user

Post by endlessriver »

Wow! The sound at warwicks art center ( Coventry! ) is amazing, excellent venue for all the crazy sounds emanating from much of Spiz repertoire!
Set list for Cambridge and Gateshead sage have been posted in those two threads.
The only differences between cambs n Gateshead were, Electric mainline played at Cambridge, and that plus take your time plaed later in set before encore.

Warwicks I think was exactly the same as Cambridge?

So is that new sweet pop thing called perfect miracle, how dya know?
The other one is quite a rocker.

Cambridge set ..... ( same as warwicks? )

Hey Jane
Electricity
Get what you deserve
Little Girl
Too late
Heading for the top
Freedom
I am what I am
Mary
Life is a problem
So long
'A' Song
Perfect Miracle
Take Your Time
Electric Mainline
-----
Come Down Easy
Smiles

That's all of shsl except intro!
~ and I don't know where I'm going ~ let it flow ~
~ makes me feel like i'm a child ~ let it flow ~
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Same yeah, but I have to say the sound was pretty poor in Warwick for the first half of the show. No fault of theirs though.
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Cheers for the setlist - I've just split it and I've ended up with the right number of tracks which is a start! Will listen to it in the car over the next few days and then post. I'm off to see Savages tonight, should be good.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

endlessriver wrote:So is that new sweet pop thing called perfect miracle, how dya know?
Title as per the official set list posted up on Twitter: http://twitter.com/officialSpzd/status/ ... 92/photo/1

'A' Song is most likely a working title? Basically it's all in A. Doggen played the same simple phrase in A all the way through (takes some doing to play something so simple so perfectly for that length of time). J played the lead which again was a couple of simple, very effective lines. Like most Spz songs very easy to copy but absolutely impossible to recreate that Spz sound & feel! I'll be gutted if they mess with that one before it gets an official release.

Something else I noticed from the official set lists posted up on Twitter for both Sage and Cambridge is that Life Is a Problem is still listed as Won't Get To Heaven, which is what it was called at the RAH gig last year before SHSL came out. Somewhat confusing given the track of the same name on Let It Come Down.

Post by angelsighs »

I didn't actually think the sound quality was that great in the Arts centre, but sometimes a cleaned up and tweaked bootleg can sound better in a weird way. will be good to have recordings of the new songs.
endlessriver
New user

Post by endlessriver »

Thanks sim, didn't know it was available on tweets.

Re the sound at warwicks, I was in the stalls left of desk, and mostly everything just seemed crisp and mixed very well, although here was at least one time when a song, I am what I am phaps?, started with the bass too loud, but that was quickly sorted.
I went half way up to the seats for last 4, legs tired, still sounded excellent acoustics all round, I think the venue has been very well acoustically designed, it sounded unbelievably good, better than leamington, hackney, oxford ( terrible ) . Bristol o2 had great sound too, + can't complain at all re royal alb.
Must admit Id taken 2cb at Warwick, and so the light show, without strobes, was quite beautiful too. Outside, the variety of lighting in the pavement, street, vehicle, building, and windows, plus reflections and shades under trees etc made for a wonderful chill out area. Warwick campus is very pretty.
Also seen at wilderness, and no.6. At no.6 it was so terrible where I stood it was especially an unpleasant endurance test on the ears. Think a new one was played heat too, certainly didn't recognize it, don't think it was because of the terrible sound nor mushrooms!
Of course at lot depends on where you are, and the desk people.

Come down easy!
1987, all I want to do is fly, all I want for you to do is reach up to the sky.
Well well well, come down easy....,
thanks so so much for playing that one, hope to hear more of less played Sm3 material at future shows.
~ and I don't know where I'm going ~ let it flow ~
~ makes me feel like i'm a child ~ let it flow ~
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Here's Take Your Time from Warwick as an mp3 taster.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24853342/Spiri ... -04t14.mp3

I've just about finished playing with the recording, just need to listen all the way through before posting. It was pretty ideal taping conditions - no one within 10 feet of me! I'll post the mp3s here and the flacs on Dime at the weekend and can always upload the flacs elsewhere for people without Dime accounts later if there is any demand.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

SO GOOD. Really looking forward to the full show, I will be incredibly grateful for it - especially as my memories of Leeds are sadly very very hazy to say the least. :(
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks so much for sharing this PontiacB.

Wow, love the new version with the backing singers and immense wall of sound. Beautiful!
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

That sounds pretty good - nice recording!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

that's a great clip, Pontiac - got that volume surge which nearly knocked me off my feet nicely!
I was at the Coventry show, so would love to hear the rest.
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Starfish wrote:got that volume surge which nearly knocked me off my feet nicely!
I actually reduced the volume of that surge slightly (by about 2dB) as it was the loudest part of the show by a mile and I wanted to up the overall volume a bit - even though it was very noticebale at the time, it surprised me just how much louder it was when I listened back to it afterwards.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

endlessriver wrote: Re the sound at warwicks, I was in the stalls left of desk, and mostly everything just seemed crisp and mixed very well, although here was at least one time when a song, I am what I am phaps?, started with the bass too loud, but that was quickly sorted.
...Of course at lot depends on where you are, and the desk people.
this is so true. you would think sound quality at a gig is an exact science which we have mastered now but sometimes sound is dog rough and you think "the engineer think this sounds good?". I know where you stand affects it but at most gigs its impractical and awkward to change position after the show has started.

anyway good work PontiacB, look forward to hearing this. might be able to relive hearing the idiots behind us shouting their conversation loudly at each other :)
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Here's mp3s of the Warwick recording in a zip file, all the details are in the txt file.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24853342/Spiri ... -04mp3.zip

The flacs are up on Dime, but if anyone here without a Dime account wants them let me know and I'll upload them somehwere in a day or so. There is an excellent sounding recording of the London show up on Dime.
gazza
New user

Post by gazza »

Currently upping the audio of last nights stream from Paris.

Will post the link when complete.

Didnt bother with the video of it in case you are wondering.

There was a breaking in the stream during Electricity that I have bridged and near the end the sounds gets a distortion that I am not sure was the stream or meant :)

here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?fwysiy6ax3pzm
TimAb
New user

Post by TimAb »

Thank you for taping and your efforts to make these wonderful moments available to those of us who can't make it to the show.
Tim
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

PontiacB wrote:Here's mp3s of the Warwick recording in a zip file, all the details are in the txt file.

The flacs are up on Dime, but if anyone here without a Dime account wants them let me know and I'll upload them somehwere in a day or so. There is an excellent sounding recording of the London show up on Dime.
Firstly PontiacB, massive thanks for this. I look forward to listening back to this tonight (hopefully) - listened to your recording of 'Take Your Time' last night and it totally blew me away... in fact, I would immediately state that it's the best version I've ever heard of that particular track! Simon pointed out the backing vocals which really add another dimension, and those two swells in volume are just something else. Incredible! Short of being there I thank you for an excellent quality recording...

Regards the London (Roundhouse?) show - I do not have a Dime account but I wonder if that was recorded by the taper known as Judderbar? Respect due - Judderbar recorded the 2008 Roundhouse show which is probably my all-time favourite Spiritualized live bootleg. Immaculate sound, awesome dynamics and a heavenly setlist - I rate that recording as much if not more so than Royal Albert Hall October 10 1997 - lofty praise indeed! 8)

Gazza - thanks very much too chief - spoiled tonight with some recent live shows, love it! :wink:
O P 8
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

PontiacB wrote:Here's mp3s of the Warwick recording in a zip file, all the details are in the txt file.

Many thanks :D
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

BzaInSpace wrote:
Regards the London (Roundhouse?) show - I do not have a Dime account but I wonder if that was recorded by the taper known as Judderbar? Respect due - Judderbar recorded the 2008 Roundhouse show which is probably my all-time favourite Spiritualized live bootleg. Immaculate sound, awesome dynamics and a heavenly setlist - I rate that recording as much if not more so than Royal Albert Hall October 10 1997 - lofty praise indeed! 8)

Gazza - thanks very much too chief - spoiled tonight with some recent live shows, love it! :wink:
The roundhouse show on dime from this week was taped by Funkygibbon and I've listened to a few songs and it is really excellent. The taper contacted me earlier and he's happy for it to be posted here as mp3s now that it's been distributed a fair bit as flacs and so perhaps someone might want to post it here sometime - I can do it if one else does, it's well worth a listen.
phaseadelic
New user

Post by phaseadelic »

Just hit the "Premium Download" button...

http://bayfiles.com/file/qZUJ/y7R8FL/Sp ... London.zip
One Asian Under A Groove
Known user

Post by One Asian Under A Groove »

Many, many thanks to both of you for uploading the audio for these shows. It's much appreciated. :D
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks so much for sharing the recordings. Very much appreciated! Great to hear the shows and those new tracks too. Cheers
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

gazza wrote:Didnt bother with the video of it in case you are wondering.
Did anybody?

I had neither sound or vision when i clicked on the other night. :(

Thanks for sharing the audio anyways. Plus thankyou's to the others who uploaded shows, hopefully i'll get to listen to them over the course of the weekend.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Anyone have the setlist for the Warwick show? Thanks for the download!
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

TheWarmth wrote:Anyone have the setlist for the Warwick show? Thanks for the download!
It's on the first page of this thread
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Ah ... great. I missed that. We need a forehead slapping emoticon.

Also, "Come Down Easy" is 11 minutes long!?!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

hats of to the tapers!!! listening to the Roundhouse just now , cool , thought the setlist was excellant myself ,new album stuff ,new tracks and an old Spacemen classic dustied off for the first time , what more could a Space Hound ask for? ... a Scottish stop off? would greedy to complain as J`s been here twice this last year so I won`t , cheers guys/gals...
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

niamhm if There was a like button on this forum I'd be pressing it now. GREAT post!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

good work on the live recordings fellas. Not just good souvenirs but great quality too.
If you can download yourself a pat on the back, do that.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

big thanks from me for the bootlegs too! it can't be an easy job putting together these things
sunkentreasure07
New user

Post by sunkentreasure07 »

BzaInSpace wrote:

Firstly PontiacB, massive thanks for this. I look forward to listening back to this tonight (hopefully) - listened to your recording of 'Take Your Time' last night and it totally blew me away... in fact, I would immediately state that it's the best version I've ever heard of that particular track! Simon pointed out the backing vocals which really add another dimension, and those two swells in volume are just something else. Incredible! Short of being there I thank you for an excellent quality recording...

this may not be the right place to ask, but would anyone have a link to the 2008 Roundhouse show?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Just want to say thanks again for the posting of some of the recent shows, very much appreciated so huge thanks to the sterling work, patience and dedication of the tapers, and for those who've gotten this stuff via dime to bring here. Big cheers to phasedelic for the Roundhouse 2012 show, really look forward to giving that one a blast when I can, from first impressions it sounds fantastic. :D

PontiacB has done an incredible job with the Warwick show, really enjoying getting into that the other night, despite the poor attendance it makes for a great recording as there is very little of the usual crowd chat nonsense that can distract from the listening experience. Loving that elongated noise intro although it sounds like its going somewhere. Really enjoyed the more organic and laid-back style of the second part of 'Hey Jane', stunning guitar work there and the noise section has become vast and overwhelming. Great stuff! A really ragged, full on 'Electricity'. Digging the heavy blues vibe of the new song, and what can I say, 'Come Down Easy', full on shivers there... cheers!

And far be it from me to steal any of Gazza's thunder in ripping the live stream from La Cigale, Paris, but as it appeared to be a very quiet stream indeed, I have taken the liberty of boosting each track (approx 12 -13dB) to bring the volume up to levels suitable for portable devices etc.

Thanks again Gazza! https://rapidshare.com/files/3335016016 ... 202012.zip
O P 8
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

thanks for the recordings guys!

I've only dl'ed PontiacB's bootleg so far, great job. "Come Down Easy" sounds even better than I remember from the Sage!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

The Paris recording is Ace BZA, thanks for tinkering and uploading it!
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

PontiacB, many thanks for you're efforts with producing the Warwick bootleg. I'm really impressed with the quality of sound. Good man!

Cheers
Hey Jayne
purephase
New user

Post by purephase »

Hey man! thank you very much for this!!
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Cool that so many are enjoying the recordings-it's just my little middle aged hobby, but great that others are enjoying the recordings. Cheers to all for the comments!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

thank you all for sharing for those of us on this side of the pond.
scarecrowz
Known user

Post by scarecrowz »

Quality recording of the set from the Crossing Border Festival in Antwerp (18-11-12) up on Dime -

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=428846

I've asked the original uploader if it's ok to re-encode as mp3, if they agree I'll upload the set to Sendspace
scarecrowz
Known user

Post by scarecrowz »

WIth many thanks to Dime user tisnix, here's the 320 kbps mp3 re-encode of the 18-11-12 SPZ set from the Antwerp Crossing Border Festival

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xi9xmz
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Thanks for this! Sounds great.
PontiacB
Known user

Post by PontiacB »

Flacs of the Warwick gig in a zip file here

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24853342/Spiri ... -11-04.zip

I'll leave the link up for a month, then will need to remove as it takes up a fair chunk of my dropbox allowance
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

scarecrowz wrote:WIth many thanks to Dime user tisnix, here's the 320 kbps mp3 re-encode of the 18-11-12 SPZ set from the Antwerp Crossing Border Festival

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xi9xmz

Thanks so much for this. They really are on fire now aren't they. They've reached that point on the tour when *things* start glowing white hot and the songs go somewhere else. The recording of Electric Mainline is best version I've ever heard. Its a real scorcher. cheers!
scarecrowz
Known user

Post by scarecrowz »

Posted in the Sydney Opera House 2/12/12 thread as well

Hope this is ok with exiled-ed (original uploader) - 320 kbps mp3 re-encode of the Dime torrent here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dvtdnd
exiled-ed
New user

Post by exiled-ed »

As posted in the gig review I'm more than happy for you to up it in MP3 format. When I get the chance I'll put up my recording of last years LAGWAFIS from the Opera house up, better sound quality than the one someone put up on Dime.
PeshoG
Known user

Post by PeshoG »

Yeah please! I'd love to hear that! Those LAGWAFIS shows were immense!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

SAINTS
exiled-ed
New user

Post by exiled-ed »

Well, I know it's not the current tour but I'll sneak it in here anyway. This is my recording of the LAGWAFIS show at the Sydney Opera House, 27/05/2011

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jyhl38

I was going to put the show up on Dime but got beaten to it so didn't feel the urgency even though I believe my recording is better sounding. I would have got around to it but the Girl I was seeing arrived from overseas and so the recording ended up only on my ipod...

This was the only show where I've ever been challenged for recording, and it was by the guy sitting next to me who was a right dick (and super hypocritical as his girlfriend was videoing whole songs). He threatened security on me so I unclipped the mics from my collar and clipped them to my bag which was sitting on my lap. Thankfully there wasn't really a change in quality. At least it shut him up...

The version here is only 192kbps, to be honest thats all I convert to for personal use and it still sounds fine to me.

I hope you enjoy :D
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

exiled-ed wrote:Well, I know it's not the current tour but I'll sneak it in here anyway. This is my recording of the LAGWAFIS show at the Sydney Opera House, 27/05/2011

I was going to put the show up on Dime but got beaten to it so didn't feel the urgency even though I believe my recording is better sounding. I would have got around to it but the Girl I was seeing arrived from overseas and so the recording ended up only on my ipod...

This was the only show where I've ever been challenged for recording, and it was by the guy sitting next to me who was a right dick (and super hypocritical as his girlfriend was videoing whole songs). He threatened security on me so I unclipped the mics from my collar and clipped them to my bag which was sitting on my lap. Thankfully there wasn't really a change in quality. At least it shut him up...

The version here is only 192kbps, to be honest thats all I convert to for personal use and it still sounds fine to me.

Thanks for uploading that. I posted the recording to Dime. I believe that we discussed this via the comments at the time as I had issues with the bloke next to me waffling at me throughout the gig. I'll be interested to hear your recording. I was under the balcony both nights so the sound was a bit muffled. Having said that, the performance on the second night was much better, particularly in terms of the lights and sound.
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

Is it just me or is this Sydney bootleg one of the best live recordings out there? It just sounds amazing to these ears!!

What song was/is Jason playing keyboard on?
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

I recorded the Tokyo gig last Wednesday. But unfortunately my recorder’s memory device seemed to be broken. Unbearable noises occurred many times on the recording and a couple of songs were completely damaged. But the sound quality was quite good. So I decided to cut out the damaged parts to save the rests. I have to apologize for uploading this kind of recording, but except for the cut-up thing the show was great and I hope you enjoy the sound.
Here’s the link and the song list. Format : MP3 320k.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7rodb4wom4sjil

1. Here It Comes
2. Hey Jane
3. Electricity
4. Heading For The Top
5. Freedom
6. Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
7. So Long You Pretty Thing
8. Come Down Easy

I could save only 8 songs from the setlist.
Three songs, Freedom, L&G and So Long, were damaged badly, so I had to remove 3 or 4 parts from each of them. The rests are slightly injured and relatively listenable.
exiled-ed
New user

Post by exiled-ed »

marcvolta wrote:Is it just me or is this Sydney bootleg one of the best live recordings out there? It just sounds amazing to these ears!!

Thanks! :D I'm pretty pleased with it, thats for sure!
exiled-ed
New user

Post by exiled-ed »

olan wrote:
exiled-ed wrote:Well, I know it's not the current tour but I'll sneak it in here anyway. This is my recording of the LAGWAFIS show at the Sydney Opera House, 27/05/2011

Thanks for uploading that. I posted the recording to Dime. I believe that we discussed this via the comments at the time as I had issues with the bloke next to me waffling at me throughout the gig. I'll be interested to hear your recording. I was under the balcony both nights so the sound was a bit muffled. Having said that, the performance on the second night was much better, particularly in terms of the lights and sound.
Hi olan, that was indeed me. I enjoyed your recording but remember finding it quite peaky. I'm not sure if you ran the levels a little hot or did Dynamic range compression in post but I found it quite different to mine. Still It could have been balcony interference but I'm not sure.
I Find the Opera house to be very specific with where you tape, to far forward of the Soundboard or to close to the balcony makes quite a difference. I was disappointed with my recording of The Cure - Reflections gig there and I was only about 5 meters out of the sweet spot...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

robotoilet wrote:I recorded the Tokyo gig last Wednesday. But unfortunately my recorder’s memory device seemed to be broken. Unbearable noises occurred many times on the recording and a couple of songs were completely damaged. But the sound quality was quite good. So I decided to cut out the damaged parts to save the rests. I have to apologize for uploading this kind of recording, but except for the cut-up thing the show was great and I hope you enjoy the sound.
Here’s the link and the song list. Format : MP3 320k.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7rodb4wom4sjil

1. Here It Comes
2. Hey Jane
3. Electricity
4. Heading For The Top
5. Freedom
6. Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
7. So Long You Pretty Thing
8. Come Down Easy

I could save only 8 songs from the setlist.
Three songs, Freedom, L&G and So Long, were damaged badly, so I had to remove 3 or 4 parts from each of them. The rests are slightly injured and relatively listenable.

Thank you so much Robo! Sounds very nice and things like that occur. :)

B,

Mark
Design.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

MODLAB wrote: Thank you so much Robo! Sounds very nice and things like that occur. :)
Thank you for your kind words! Things like that often happen to me. :cry:
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

marcvolta wrote:
He was playing it in the noisy intro to Hey Jane.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Heartfelt thanks to everyone who has posted bootlegs. It's been wonderful hearing the new songs, especially. My apologies to dselevan for tmycrazy tirade a few years ago about downkingds vs. actal CDs... Dunno what I was thing...okay obviously I have not mastered posting from the phone... Anyhoo, thanks to all who've posted recordings..so much appreciated. Caught then here in the us in may, can't wait till their next visit. Sorry for"smart"phone typos.. And thanks again
ro
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

simonkeeping wrote:The Paris recording is Ace BZA, thanks for tinkering and uploading it!
Finally got around to listening to the Paris show and it cuts out four minutes into Electric Mainline. Would be extremely grateful if BZA or anyone else can re-up a link. Thank you!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Here you go.

From what I remember it's mostly a very clean pro recording except the distortion at the end of 'Take Your Time' is brutal. Those who recorded it obviously did not anticipate that! Also has a sort of hack generic mix and I think some of the drums were too loud?

For a far better representation of that tour - and a total high among bootlegs - get over here instead... 8)
O P 8
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

BzaInSpace wrote:Here you go.

From what I remember it's mostly a very clean pro recording except the distortion at the end of 'Take Your Time' is brutal. Those who recorded it obviously did not anticipate that! Also has a sort of hack generic mix and I think some of the drums were too loud?

For a far better representation of that tour - and a total high among bootlegs - get over here instead... 8)
Thank you!