Oslo 22 November

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Feedback Forever
Known user

Oslo 22 November

Post by Feedback Forever »

Absolutely stunning gig in Oslo on Thursday. The strobes were blinding and the sound crystal clear; You could hear all the instruments perfectly. I thought the Camden Roundhouse gig was brilliant, but this was certainly a different class and definitely among the better Spiritualized gigs I've seen. The setlist was similar to Copenhagen and Stockholm, and if memory serves it ran like this:

Intro/Here it Comes (stunningly beautiful new song)
Hey Jane (The guitar tech handed J an out of tune guitar at the start of this one, so the crowd was treated to a long droney intro while J was tuning).
Electricity
Headin' for the Top now (Immensely savage guitar work by Doggen, broke two strings).
Freedom
Ladies and Gents
So Long You Pretty Thing
A Perfect Miracle
A Song (Towering version, surpassed the one at Camden)
Walking with Jesus (Surprised that it was back in the set, lovely version)
Take Your Time
Electric Mainline
Come Down Easy
Smiles (Very different ending compared to Camden Roundhouse; near the end it sounded like it was morphing into Take Me to the other Side. Jason was on fire and continued playing while the rest of the band looked on)

As if the gig wasn't enough, earlier in the day the band played an exclusive mini concert at Big Dipper Records followed by Jason signing records for thrilled punters, myself included. He was beaming and talkative and seemed to enjoy himself. I told him I had seen the band in London recently, and he said that tonight was going to be so much better. Spot on! On stage he was accompanied by Tom on keyboards and two lovely backup-singers. They played four songs:

Here it Comes
A Perfect Miracle
Freedom
Walking with Jesus

All in all a glorious day of music which marked the ten year anniversary of their last club gig in Oslo. They've been to Norway many times since 2002, but mainly played festivals. By the way, the 2002 gig was an absolute blinder and was reviewed by the NME. It was on the Let It Come Down tour just after J had shed the symphonic orchestra.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: Oslo 22 November

Post by MODLAB »

I'll say it again — they are in top form and should not be missed! I wish I was going to Japan.

Great write up!

B,

M
Design.
Feedback Forever
Known user

A friend of mine recorded parts of the acoustic gig at Big Dipper Records on his iPhone. I could try to upload it if anyone's interested. The only problem is I haven't got a clue how to do it. The files are Quicktime-videoes by the way. These are the songs he recorded:

Here it Comes (full version - lovely)
Freedom (in two parts)
Walkin' With Jesus (the final two minutes)

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Cheers,
John
Feedback Forever
Known user

Here's the link to "Here it comes" recorded by my mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8O0GY9FLo

Cheers,
J.