Kraftwerk - Tate Modern

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

charles w
Known user

Kraftwerk - Tate Modern

Post by charles w »

Anyone else going ?

I'm off to the Autobahn show. V V excited.

Heard there will be 'return' tickets on the door. Can't confirm this though.
toomilk
Known user

Re: Kraftwerk - Tate Modern

Post by toomilk »

Sounds to me like an amazing show. I wonder where they're playing in the Tate Modern...
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

That massive space near the entrance I would think - the Turbine Hall?
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I work close to the Tate Modern and often spend a lunch break wandering around in there. I was in there yesterday and they were setting it all up ready for the Kraftwerk shows. It is in the main Turbine Hall but they're not using the whole area. The stage is set up at the bottom of the slope and underneath the mezzanine (?) area, which I guess guarantees everyone a good view. If they'd set it up along the back wall then those halfway up the slope would have their view restricted by that mezzanine structure where the stairs come down, even though they would've sold more tickets doing it that way. So, if you're going you'll be standing on the sloped floor, rather than the flat area. Hopefully you can picture what I mean??

They've curtained off that area to the daytime public now, no access via the entrance on the slope, but you can see what's going on through the wondows of the gift shop. I stood there yesterday looking at the stage, the 4 podiums in a line where they'll be doing their thang, big white screen behind ready for projections.

I've not got a ticket for any of the shows but it does seem very exciting. The Tate is an amazing space and environment and building anyway. I love looking at it from the outside, the tall chimney type structure which gets bigger and bigger as you get closer and closer. I may well stroll down there to see what I can hear from just outside the doors.

Enjoy!!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I'd have loved to have gone - Computerworld would have been the one if I'd had a choice, but couldn't make the trip.

I've never witnessed them live.

The fact that there were tickets all over ebay at £300+ just further erodes my faith in the human race.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Gonna head down from Manchester for a return on the day, fingers crossed eh
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:Gonna head down from Manchester for a return on the day, fingers crossed eh
Get in?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Planning to do it on tuesday, Sounds like it's been possible for others throughout the run though. Can't decide!
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

James T wrote:Planning to do it on tuesday, Sounds like it's been possible for others throughout the run though. Can't decide!
Do it. You won't regret it.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

johnnyboy wrote: The Tate is an amazing space and environment and building anyway. I love looking at it from the outside, the tall chimney type structure which gets bigger and bigger as you get closer and closer.
It is amazing! Since leaving London that is the one thing I REALLY miss are the quality museums. The very thought that the collection was so big that only a fraction of it was on view at any one time (back in the days of the old Tate Pimlico) gives me goosebumps just thinking about all the great art behind the walls. When they got the space for Tate Modern and split the two museums it was very exciting. Love the Turner room at Tate Britain as well as the "School of London" collection too.

Before we left London I saw some great shows in that foyer/Turbine Hall of Tate Modern...but never concerts. That is so cool they are hosting shows now. Whoever had that idea needs to get a raise. Genius. But, I guess the idea kind of started over at the Courtauld when they began to put on shows in their courtyard? I once saw Bardo Pond at the ICA gallery on the Mall and I think the Royal Academy has put on a few gigs in its courtyard too. Curators over here should take note!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Think I'm gonna have to give this a miss. I saw them twice in Germany last month, so I can't complain too much. I have a feeling they will do this again in Paris/Amsterdam, maybe Oslo or something too. I might head out to Poland to see them in June, doesn't look like I can afford Primavera anyway now.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Just been announced for T In The Park... to which tens of thousands of young people all exclaimed "WHO?!?!?!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-21442991
stevelee101
Known user

Post by stevelee101 »

Laz69 wrote:Just been announced for T In The Park... to which tens of thousands of young people all exclaimed "WHO?!?!?!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-21442991

And tens of thousands of Kraftwerk fans all exclaimed, "WHY?!?!?!"