Denver....if this is how good they sound on night 1...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

lake.st.clair
Known user

Denver....if this is how good they sound on night 1...

Post by lake.st.clair »

As it says in the subject, if this is how they sound on night 1, everyone on the rest of the tour is in for a real treat.

Who is this band? I mean...I miss the guy from England, but man...there's something fresh and raw about these guys that Jason and Doggen are working *very* well with...

The singers are the best I've heard in the last 3 (electric) tours...from the first notes they sang I knew this was going to be amazing...

Keyboardist had an arsenalt in front of him and he used it well...

The drummer - like I said I miss Kevin but this guy is GREAT. He brings a fresh kick to these songs that I think is needed...

Bass...BASS!!! I haven't been satisfied with the past few bass players...but this guy is FANTASTIC! Finally some RIPPING bass...he was all over the high end and delivered the low exactly when it was needed...then he was back up again...

And of course Doggen...in FINE form...a friend of mine who'd never seen him brought his dad from Pittsburg (fresh of the plane) and both of them were all about Doggen...So glad you made the trip across the pond!!! It wouldn't be SPZ without you!

Jason: what can I say...seated, which was a nice treat...different distortion on one of his hollow tele's was a nice sound...fit in to a lot of songs...

setlist, well I can't remember...a few brand new ones - one of which is just fantastic...

PAPPY AND HARRIETS - NOT TO BE MISSED!!! @spzretent this means you!!!

Thank you all and have a great trip!!!

-m
lake.st.clair
Known user

Re: Denver....if this is how good they sound on night 1...

Post by lake.st.clair »

I should also mention it was good to see Denver Bill and his Dad (from Detroit, flying back for Tigers opening day today!)...and Nathan formerly of Neptune Records in Royal Oak...
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

oh boy...i've been trying to talk myself out of flying across the country for the pioneertown show. this post and tax returns aren't making it any easier...
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

nevermind. i just bought a ticket and i'm so, so, so excited!
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

Sounds amazing! Gutted I couldn't manage Pioneertown and Coachella.. but I'm sure Portland & SantaCruz gigs are also going to be great. Can't wait.. only 4 more nights
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

slide_song: in the spirit of this messageboard, we'll have to say hello at the show!!!

-m
Last edited by lake.st.clair on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

re. that review of the show - first, bad photos, and second - was the guy standing off to one side??? sure seems like it as he only got photos of jason from stage right, and could only hear one guitar!!!

I was standing in the center and the mix was great the whole time...
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Just a suggestion st Clair, dont post your email like that, it is good to sort of disguise it somehow so that you don't get tons of spam from bots.
lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

Hofstadter wrote:Just a suggestion st Clair, dont post your email like that, it is good to sort of disguise it somehow so that you don't get tons of spam from bots.
thanks!!!
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

I found this video of Walking With Jesus from the concert in Denver. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uree2JZwEPc

I like how the audience was clapping along with WWJ at the beginning of the encore. It must have been a really good show.
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

lake.st.clair wrote:slide_song: in the spirit of this messageboard, we'll have to say hello at the show!!!

-m
yes, definitely! i am just so excited for this (spiritualized under the stars right on the edge of the joshua tree desert? that sounds just about perfect).
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

Here is another review of the Denver show: http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2013 ... 4-4-13.php
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

YAY CANT WAIT