Low Tour

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

James T
Known user

Low Tour

Post by James T »

Anyone headed to any of the gigs this/next week? I'll be at Manchester, Bristol and London.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Re: Low Tour

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Yep James, I will be at Manchester, the splendid Port St Beer Hoise will be out pre gig destination
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Hey, I have a work party before the show and need to grab a bite too. But I think me and the guys might be around after the show, maybe at soup kitchen.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I have to get the 11.17pm train from Piccadily so wont be hanging about after the gig, feel free to seek me out to say hi if you get chance.
twitter @davyc1976

If I dont catch up with you enjoy the gig, as Im sure you are fuly aware, Low seldom dissapoint.

Remember I dont think theyc an sell beer in the venue, but i believe you can take your own in. So I'm told anyway
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Will check about the beer thing, I'm sure they'll at least have some wine to share from the rider seen as al and mim don't drink! Will add you on twitter @dotsandloopsmcr
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Delighted to see they'll be playing Whelans on 20th August. Nice intimate venue. Hopefully the chatters who regularly attend gigs there won't be in attendance.

Will you be coming over James?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I intend to make it over yeah, but it might be difficult as I have to use my last annual leave of the year for the Loop ATP and Low do have other plans I would like to get in on if and when they are confirmed. I love Ireland though so would enjoy it. Steve can't wait for the Irish shows, is there just 1 announced now? I think they were intending a couple.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Cork too, will make a trip of it!
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

I was at the Glasgow gig last week. Unfortunately the venue was way too packed, and we had a punk cover band downstairs....

http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/22318 ... d-glasgow/
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

I was at the Glasgow gig too. I really enjoyed it despite the overcrowding and the music downstairs. The band were pretty funny and handled it the sonic intrusion quite well too. Set list was fantastic.

Flokie, you seem to be at most of the gigs I'm at in Glasgow. There was a small blonde flitting around near the front trying to find a good spot to watch the gig. You, by any chance?
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Not me, I've got brown hair! But yeah I'm short and can generally be found dancing towards the front :D When the music lends itself to it obviously, so not at a Low gig. I eventually managed to find a spot on the stairs at the back where I could actually see the band, and not only Alan's head intermittently.

It was definitely good on them to joke about the gig downstairs, and it was very funny, But I would've preferred a gig in better conditions! I can't help thinking upstairs at Oran Mor, where the Dirty Three played last year would've been a very nice venue for them.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

London show was great, got to meet and have a photo with Robert Plant backstage!

Can't resist...
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

nice 8)
I think I feel it coming on
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

very cool! :)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, I saw that pic on your FB page James...you ligger! :wink:

What was he like?...it's always strange meeting one of your heroes isn't it. And, don't know if I've asked this before, but what's with the whole Low connection? Do you just follow them when they're on tour or is it more than that? You're not their stalker are you?! :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

He was a really nice chap, I don't think he minded speaking to me because Alan introduced us rather than me just going up and bothering him. Asked him about the football, wasn't too talkative on that front haha.

The Low thing? I dunno really. Interviewed them about 6/7 years ago cause they agreed to take part in a uni project for me which was really cool as they were my favourite band at the time. Went to a few more shows and always stuck around for a chat afterwards. Then when I saw them in Eindhoven we saw them before the show in the street and they let us in early and we went out for drinks afterwards (with Steve, Al and Mim don't touch dat shit). Since then we've been in touch by email every week or 2. Ended up at an MTV filming in New York with them and all sorts of strange situations, but I guess it's just luck and the fact that we get along really well. I'm really grateful because they've been great not just in terms of getting me into shows etc... but been really great friends in particular over the past couple of years when I've had rough patches. Was very touched to see my initials on the list of thanks in the new album sleeve, they thought it was hilarious that I even noticed.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

That's a brilliant story James :)
Good to hear they seem to be as lovely as they sound!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

For those in the UK, Low are on Jools Holland next week. Tune in.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

ATP weekend 1 in December now announced... Hopefully something else interesting before the year is out...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

A new full tour in November announced...

14 - Cambridge Junction
15 - Nottingham Rescue Rooms
16 - Sheffield Queens Social Club
18 - Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
19 - Edinburgh Queens Hall
20 - Leeds Brudenell

Maybe something extra, who knows?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Have a read of this: http://blog.thecurrent.org/2013/06/the- ... m-perform/

Similar thing going on here at the moment with people complaining about Neil Young & CH's Dublin gig at the weekend. A lot of people complaining that it was self indulgent noise. What the fuck do they expect, it's Neil and Crazy Horse! :roll: Anyway, that's for the Neil thread.

Interesting questions raised though about what people expect from a performer.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five