Truck Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spzranger
Known user

Truck Festival

Post by spzranger »

Anyone going to the truck festival in Oxfordshire or been before? With Spiritualized headlining on Friday night looks to be a pretty good lineup and supposed to be an excellent festival. Originally was going to go for Hop Farm until they pulled the plug on that one, so taken the plunge and got tickets for Truck festival instead.
plastic37
Known user

Re: Truck Festival

Post by plastic37 »

I went last year. Its well run, not too big, good ales... a short walk back to civilisation.
It lacks some of the extra curricula/non music elements of other festivals.
Am sure you'll have a good time.
Heavy Tourism
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

so did anyone go to this? would be interested to hear what the band's set was like.
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

I went with the Mrs and kids and as advised by plastic37 it was an excellent little festival. Bands were on Friday to Saturday with Spiritualized headlining after Ash on Friday night and the Horrors headlining on Saturday. Great atmosphere with all the food stalls etc being run by local charities and reasonably priced as were the tickets (£70 adults). I would say it was the least corporate/commercial festival I have been to with a similar vibe to Glastonbury. Like Glastonbury there was no separate arena so you could take beer in and around with you. As a result by the time Spiritualized played I think I had drunk most of a crate of Stella so forgive me for my memory being a little hazy.

Anyway the band played for an hour on a very balmy night (it was much cooler when the Horrors played on Saturday). I think it went something like Here It Comes, Electricity, Hey Jane, Perfect Miracle, Let It Flow, Take Your Time, Come Together. But I have probably missed a couple. I was at the front so hard to gauge how many were watching. I thought the new band were in excellent form. Let It Flow and Come Together were the highlights for me. Would be great to see the band again in London sometime soon playing an extended set.

Other bands I enjoyed included Public Service Broadcasting and the Joy Formidable along with the Horrors who played an excellent closing set.

Will definitely be looking to go next year.