BZAs Bootleg Requests...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by BzaInSpace »

Alright guys.

After a long break on here from anything other than basic mod stuff, I can finally start to unclutter various aspects of my life. Not least the long promised new Spiritualized® Bootleg Series, primed directly from original Soundboard cassettes!

Following the quality control nod from Spzretent, we'll start with this one:

St. Andrew's Hall, Detroit, August 09 1997

Pretty early on in the Ladies and Gents... tours but sounding pretty good. Being a direct rip from a tape copying directly from the soundboard the sound quality is pretty much excellent, despite the constant wish with this stuff that I could have had access to multitracks... if they somehow existed.

Still, a good show... I will have to point out the annoying flaw in that it appears that the cassette this show was dubbed on had been used before. Therefore in the quiet parts you might be able to hear this weirdly ghostly echo, nothing too obvious but it's most definitely there - especially at the beginning of the show. I did what I could! Given the age of the magnetic tape I suppose there's gonna be flaws somewhere. Handily the show just fits onto a C90 tape, with a cut between songs so no music is lost.

Didn't have to do much other than some EQ and normalization when the channels went a bit weird - during the soundtrack into sequence the sound jumped all over the shop so I've sorted that out.

Enjoy!

Also - everyone I've promised bootleg versions for - I have not forgotten!

Next should be the NYC show from the same tour featuring additional piano support from the one and only Mac Rebbenack... :shock:
O P 8
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

HELLS YES!

Can't wait to hear this! Thanks MASTER :D
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

Thanks for the share, looking forward to this!
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Proper.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

BzaInSpace wrote:Alright guys.

After a long break on here from anything other than basic mod stuff, I can finally start to unclutter various aspects of my life. Not least the long promised new Spiritualized® Bootleg Series, primed directly from original Soundboard cassettes!

Following the quality control nod from Spzretent, we'll start with this one:

St. Andrew's Hall, Detroit, August 09 1997

Pretty early on in the Ladies and Gents... tours but sounding pretty good. Being a direct rip from a tape copying directly from the soundboard the sound quality is pretty much excellent, despite the constant wish with this stuff that I could have had access to multitracks... if they somehow existed.

Still, a good show... I will have to point out the annoying flaw in that it appears that the cassette this show was dubbed on had been used before. Therefore in the quiet parts you might be able to hear this weirdly ghostly echo, nothing too obvious but it's most definitely there - especially at the beginning of the show. I did what I could! Given the age of the magnetic tape I suppose there's gonna be flaws somewhere. Handily the show just fits onto a C90 tape, with a cut between songs so no music is lost.

Didn't have to do much other than some EQ and normalization when the channels went a bit weird - during the soundtrack into sequence the sound jumped all over the shop so I've sorted that out.

Enjoy!

Also - everyone I've promised bootleg versions for - I have not forgotten!

Next should be the NYC show from the same tour featuring additional piano support from the one and only Mac Rebbenack... :shock:
So this right here is the cat's ass and a show I've been waiting to experience again since that night in August of 1997 when Spiritualized blew my absolute fucking mind at St. Andrews Hall. This is the gig/sound/lights that is forever seared into my brain cells and is my pinnacle show right next to the first time I saw them on the Rollercoaster tour with JAMC and Curve.

Barry, I humbly and gratefully SALUTE you :!:
I think I feel it coming on
pcpworldwide
New user

Post by pcpworldwide »

Thanks Bza for another great recording! Very much appreciated.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

I still live in hope that, one day, a recording of the Coventry Tic Toc gig will surface - unlikely I know. Would also be keen on last year's Holmfirth.

Your approach though is great, and much appreciated - let's get the best we can out there...many thanks...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Hey thanks for so much for this BZA.

Wow. I've never heard All of my thoughts sound quite like that before! Great Stuff and the sound quality is really clear.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

sm-iom wrote:I still live in hope that, one day, a recording of the Coventry Tic Toc gig will surface - unlikely I know. Would also be keen on last year's Holmfirth.

Your approach though is great, and much appreciated - let's get the best we can out there...many thanks...
I have the exact same wishes.

Have you got the recording of the Hackney Empire show the night after Tic Toc? I can upload the copy have if you like but the sound quality is sadly pretty poor. Its worth it for 200 bars alone though.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

clewsr wrote:
sm-iom wrote:I still live in hope that, one day, a recording of the Coventry Tic Toc gig will surface - unlikely I know. Would also be keen on last year's Holmfirth.
I have the exact same wishes...
Surely somebody would have recorded at Holmfirth?

If so I think it would have appeared by now.

Would love to hear a boot of that gig - but I remain far more disappointed I didn't make it there myself. It was probably totally fucking doable, I was just lazy. By all first hand, rave accounts I've heard... it was the best, heaviest and most psychedelic electric Spz show in years. :cry:
O P 8
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

BzaInSpace wrote:
clewsr wrote:
I have the exact same wishes...
Surely somebody would have recorded at Holmfirth?

If so I think it would have appeared by now.

Would love to hear a boot of that gig - but I remain far more disappointed I didn't make it there myself. It was probably totally fucking doable, I was just lazy. By all first hand, rave accounts I've heard... it was the best, heaviest and most psychedelic electric Spz show in years. :cry:
Unquestionably so :D
'Remember, change is not good'
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

BVCP206 wrote:
Unquestionably so :D
Don't remind me!

:lol:
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Sydney Opera House, Dec 02 2012

Unbelievably I don't think I've ever commented on this stunning gig - it appeared on here with grateful thanks to the taper Exile-Ed, but I need to quote a contemporary post from marcvolta:
marcvolta wrote:Is it just me or is this Sydney bootleg one of the best live recordings out there? It just sounds amazing to these ears!!
In short - yes!

Lengthy - this is an awesome show and is easily my favourite of the entire world tour of Sweet Heart/Sweet Light - sadly enough one of the last with this formation of the band also.

Anybody who feels they miss the "electricity & acid" in recent Spiritualized live shows really needs to listen to this gig, particularly the latter half:

'Come Down Easy'. WTF? This kills me. Has the Staples Singers influence ever loomed so largely? Shot full of Exile on Main Street blues?? This is incredible and the close harmonies of the girls is pure shivers from the off.

'Take Your Time' - one of the few (if only) boots that manages to present without too much distortion or lack of sensory oblivion the incredible jump in volume causes near the end. Mighty!

'Electric Mainline' - fucking hell!!! They hit it there that time, no doubt at all.

Also let me state clearly now that this take is the very best version of this song I've ever heard - it's just so good. There is a point - several points actually - in the latter half of this track where you think "there's no way this can get any more insane...". Yet they do. It hits this mad, Wall-of-Sound critical mass early on yet they keep going...

And going.

Eventually amongst the maelstrom of - yes, "acid & electricity" - either Jason or Doggen is playing the theme through this mad echo and it's still getting stronger. The closest live band thing I've ever heard that can approximate the giddy rush of peaking acid techno house at it's finest.

No stronger recommendation possible. :shock:

'Smiles' - detonation. They perform the initial, vocal part almost perfunctorily - as though the band just really wants to get down. And how! For those who miss the the pure 'These Blues' level of intense hypnotism as rewired through WL/WH 'Black to Comm' insanity... well, you definitely need to hear this!

Somewhere near the end, the unreal return of the mad, panning, sweeping delay of the entire band on stage (see 'Electric Phase') as heard on early boots of 'Medication' and such, makes a welcome and headspinning return here.

Also, whoever once described the modern takes of 'Walkin' With Jesus' as sounding like "John Fogherty" should listen closely to the epic take on here!
:wink:
The huge breakdown part, with Jason reprising his Perfect Prescription-style guitar shimmers, while Doggen creates this wave of pure sound... wow.

Not to make lesser of the first half - the version of 'Here It Comes' is easily the best I've heard and sounds so perfect.

'Song A' - I can make out most of the lyrics on this take - awesome stuff indeed, and you never get bored of that churning, glammy riff.

'Perfect Miracle' - this might be considered the ballad track as such, but have any of Jason's ballads really featured lyrics so incredibly dark? Toward the end it's like... is this the same song he's singing? The similar to 'Ladies and Gentlemen...' chords make this so much more heartbreaking.

There's also a beautiful version of 'Freedom' that the album fans will enjoy...

ENJOY
O P 8
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

^ fucking hell! Thank you so much for this, this is awesome. In the last few years the quality of my life has improved immeasurably thanks to the internet and kind souls like yourself, giving away so much amazing unofficial /unreleased music, I give some back when I can .... But yeh, thank you give yourselves a pat on the back!! :D
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

spunder wrote:^ fucking hell! Thank you so much for this, this is awesome. In the last few years the quality of my life has improved immeasurably thanks to the internet and kind souls like yourself, giving away so much amazing unofficial /unreleased music, I give some back when I can .... But yeh, thank you give yourselves a pat on the back!! :D
Seconded.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

BzaInSpace wrote:Sydney Opera House, Dec 02 2012

'Perfect Miracle' - this might be considered the ballad track as such, but have any of Jason's ballads really featured lyrics so incredibly dark? Toward the end it's like... is this the same song he's singing? The similar to 'Ladies and Gentlemen...' chords make this so much more heartbreaking.
i just wanted to say that this track is absolutely brilliant, this coming from someone who feels J. has released possibly too many ballads. the pace is lovely, the choir is subtle yet solid (the female lead round the middle 8th section is gorgeous). lyrically, its a wonderfully dark and a poignant goodbye tune. it's a stunning pop song that deserves to shine like gold with a proper studio release.

with that being said i must also admit that the version of 'Soul on Fire' from the Acoustic Mainlines that you posted completely knocks me out. i was never of fan of the recorded version, too sappy. but with it being stripped down yet having the choir accompany him almost entire track really works for me, completely stunned when i heard it.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

To complete a long overdue request, wondering if some kind soul would be willing to upload for me the live b-sides to the Let it Flow singles? These were the selected tracks recorded at Glastonbury 1993, also available on the bootleg album Good Dope, Good Fun.

It'll be worth it. FLAC preferably... although 320kbps mp3 is acceptable... :wink:
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

BzaInSpace wrote:To complete a long overdue request, wondering if some kind soul would be willing to upload for me the live b-sides to the Let it Flow singles? These were the selected tracks recorded at Glastonbury 1993, also available on the bootleg album Good Dope, Good Fun.

It'll be worth it. FLAC preferably... although 320kbps mp3 is acceptable... :wink:
somebody burned me Good Dope ... Good Fun on CDR. i don't know if the source was lossy or lossless, though.

i'm willing to rip in FLAC if you want a track to analyze for frequency cutoff (i don't know how to do it).
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

That would be ace Dave actually... :D

I had them burned to disc long ago, but I cannot find said disc and have a feeling they were ripped from Soulseek years ago at a rubbish bitrate.
O P 8
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

I have the Let It Flow discs and can make FLACs for you as well. Unless that's what davedecay is doing. Sorry, unclear if he's ripping the LIF singles or GD...GF...
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

As close to original source would be ideal!

I had one of the discs - the Red one - which was kindly given to my by Veiko. Not sure where it is at the minute - sorry mate.

If it's cool with Dave I'd love those please!
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

get them from the source; esp since mine has no lineage info.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

'Smiles' - detonation. They perform the initial, vocal part almost perfunctorily - as though the band just really wants to get down. And how! For those who miss the the pure 'These Blues' level of intense hypnotism as rewired through WL/WH 'Black to Comm' insanity... well, you definitely need to hear this!
I listened to this recording almost daily last year. Smiles is an insane, unhinged ending to the show. It takes the usual decent into noise and plays around with it to then drop back into a one note drone sounding focused and dangerous. for the conclusion the rest of the band drops out to leave Jason drawing all manner of evil from his now whimpering guitar.

For the most part like all the best spiritualized live recordings the band merge into this glow of white hot electricity and you have no idea what or who is making that unholy noise. Get on it.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

simonkeeping wrote:
I listened to this recording almost daily last year. Smiles is an insane, unhinged ending to the show. It takes the usual decent into noise and plays around with it to then drop back into a one note drone sounding focused and dangerous. for the conclusion the rest of the band drops out to leave Jason drawing all manner of evil from his now whimpering guitar.

For the most part like all the best spiritualized live recordings the band merge into this glow of white hot electricity and you have no idea what or who is making that unholy noise. Get on it.
Wow! What a post.

Simon - nailed it! :D

Now, discussing this the other night with another forum pal - GET ON THIS!

I've posted here before, but the link is probably now dead. Either way, listen deep. I rate this show, from Dallas in December 1997, as finer than the official Royal Albert Hall October 10 1997 gig, and also as close to what I've heard that approximates the pure glorious acid and electricity and soul devastating noise of when I first seen them live for the first time ever - coincidentally a day before said Albert Hall gig, in the musical backwater of Aberdeen City...

Also, as previously noted, I refer to this show as 'The Nitrous Oxide' gig and a few minutes in you'll agree.

Go and have a blast!
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Just need to chip in here and say thanks Bza & the original taper for sharing the Sidney Opera House recording, fucking superb!! really great quality sound, and the performance? I here you enthusing about the second half, and you`ll have no argument from me about that, but I must say Electricity into Heading For The Top is quite the killer 1-2 . Not normally one for collecting bootlegs, think I might have about 15/20 Spiritualized shows on a hardrive ones that have been pointed out to me as exceptional for one reason or another, and shows I`ve been at personally, this ones defo going onto the hardrive :)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Listen to this amazing show, I did late last night to bring me up/down or wherever.

It was remastered by the taper him/herself earlier this year, and sounds fucking cracking. I have untouched it apart from tidying up the track data and fired some art in there. The entire band is loud and jump up clear, the bass is fantastic. The 2002 band in great form with a enthusiastic audience. Is SF one of those places that has the good crowds? Anyway enjoy - 'Medication' sounds particularly good and the 'Electricity' smashes your head in. :wink:
O P 8
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks for that gig, BZA. Great stuff. Hadn't heard a recording from that year other than Glasto (a show I was at as well) so this is much appreciated. Love getting random "curated" stuff every now and then.

Same goes for the Deep Ellum gig on the previous page. Great stuff.
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

Thanks for that! Saturday night's sorted.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Here's a classic show from the Songs in A&E tour - the best of that tour's boots IMO, although seeing them a few days before at the Glasgow ABC remains a total high point of live shows I've witnessed. Ever!

The recording quality is truly excellent - thanks to Judderbar for this.

I had this copied to disc and a blast to and from work the other day reminded me just how good it is. Early play of 'Life is a Problem', awesome intro and outro sequences, dive in!
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

For the weekend:

Following Veiko's query about the newer songs being played on the US 2013 tour I made up this comp of some select tracks from the recent bootlegs - quality pretty great throughout, and some amazing music here. I'm particularly fond of the 'A Song' - this churning, hypnotic riff straight outta the Grunge Wars with Spaceman unleashing some insane guitar mayhem all over it. Also a few tracks that weren't aired that often - a great take of 'Freedom' and interesting to here the Kid Millions band ripping through 'Electricity/Home Of The Brave/The Individual'. It sounds like they're running on rocket fuel here.

Massive appreciation to all the tapers - BZA remastered for optimum audio fidelity. :wink:

HERE IT COMES...
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Thanks been listening to this all day.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Thanks BZA, great compilation. I hadn't heard that "Bay Of Pigs" instrumental before. Great stuff.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Thanks so much BZA
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

mc wrote:Thanks BZA, great compilation. I hadn't heard that "Bay Of Pigs" instrumental before. Great stuff.
New to me as well, where did that come from Bza? Great compilation by the way,
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

BzaInSpace wrote:For the weekend:

Following Veiko's query about the newer songs being played on the US 2013 tour I made up this comp of some select tracks from the recent bootlegs - quality pretty great throughout, and some amazing music here. I'm particularly fond of the 'A Song' - this churning, hypnotic riff straight outta the Grunge Wars with Spaceman unleashing some insane guitar mayhem all over it. Also a few tracks that weren't aired that often - a great take of 'Freedom' and interesting to here the Kid Millions band ripping through 'Electricity/Home Of The Brave/The Individual'. It sounds like they're running on rocket fuel here.

Massive appreciation to all the tapers - BZA remastered for optimum audio fidelity. :wink:

HERE IT COMES...
Thank you, sir! Great versions of all the new songs plus solid version of Electricity/Home of the Brave.

Was wondering though why Take Your Time wasn't included on this set? Thought it was pretty powerful with the Millions line-up and when I saw them in Joshua Tree they went to some real heights during it.
coffeepotman
Known user

Post by coffeepotman »

Massive appreciation to you to for posting!
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

BzaInSpace wrote:For the weekend:

HERE IT COMES...
Still listening to this on repeat. Quality boot of the Millions line-up, BZA.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Prompted by that amazing version of Thing'll Never Be The Same in the Music section i've decided to make this available again for those who missed it a few years ago.

Spiritualized: Feile Festival, Thurles, Tipperary July 30 1993

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ju6y0

Excellent quality FM broadcast, I recorded this myself straight off the radio. Not the full set unfortunately as they only broadcast three songs: Take Your Time, Things'll Never Be The Same and Clear Rush.

I was at this gig and can vouch for it's sheer brilliance. Ive never heard a more acid drenched organ than the opening of Take Your Time here. The next two songs are mindblowing. Sean Cook's bass towards the end of Clear Rush 8) To put it simply, if you don't have this already you need it.

Due to its rarity please share in FLAC only, thank you.

Last time I uploaded this Megaupload got shut down two days later :shock: So you might want to be quick in grabbing it! :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by BzaInSpace »

Nice one Sunray - I believe I downloaded this last time, but it was lost in the Great HD Fail of 2013...

Also, with regards to the mention of the semi-legendary Worthing Pier Pavilion 1994 gig in another thread, and in a fit of procrastination over course work I reworked the show.

Just in time for the 21st anniversary of the actual gig!

Sounded fantastic already of course - massive respect to the original unknown taper. Rare to get an audience recording from that era sounding so good. I basically upped some levels and widened the stereo field.

Anyway, have a listen.

Worthing Pier Pavilion 11 July 1994 [2015 BZA Remaster]

(also - assuming that's Kate Radley on bass during 'These Blues' and Sean Cook elsewhere - any ideas who the other guitarist was? And the drummer?)
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

thanks so much for this Bza! really looking forward to listening to your remaster. you are right though, it was an almost radiantly good sounding recording already, for an audience recording.

my knowledge of Spiritualized lineups has got a bit hazy recently..
was the other guitarist John Coxon?
and would the drummer have been either Chris Sharrock or Damon Reece?
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I seem to recall reading that this was one of the gigs with Richard Formby on second guitar. :?:
Tufty
Known user

Post by Tufty »

I've just listened to some of Worthing Pier BZA, never even knew that recording existed and it sounds amazing! Thanks a lot for that one.

Here's a couple of 2001 American shows I uploaded for someone recently if anyone fancies them -

Spiritualized - 2001-11-03 Fox Theater, Boulder CO.rar 833.8 MB (FLAC)
https://mega.co.nz/#!E9AkACTL!xGYZdYzEr ... Fs9qRP6_yM

01 - Cop Shoot Cop
02 - Electricity
03 - Shine a Light
04 - Born Never Asked, Electric Mainline
05 - Out of Sight
06 - On Fire
07 - No God Only Religion
08 - Walking With Jesus
09 - Take Good Care of It
10 - Let It Flow
11 - Won't Get To Heaven
12 - Don't Just Do Something
13 - All of My Tears
14 - Take Me To The Other Side
15 - Come Together
16 - Lord Can You Hear Me

2001.11.13- Los Angeles, CA- the Wiltern-Spiritualized.rar 177.0 MB (MP3)
https://mega.co.nz/#!g5ZWBRxY!OroJA6ESy ... izVLSxkwN0

01. Intro
02. Cop Shoot Cop...
03. Electricity
04. Shine A Light
05. Born Never Asked
06. Electric Mainline
07. Out Of Sight
08. On Fire
09. No God Only Religion
10. Walking With Jesus
11. Take Your Time
12. Let It Flow
13. All My Tears
14. Won't Get To Heaven
15. Don't Just Do Something
16. Take Me To The Other Side
17. Come Together
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Thanks for these uploads.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hope you enjoyed... :wink:
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

check out those setlists on the LICD tour... I think 'epic' is the word. I think they are the full strings/horns ensemble too. Jason was thinking so big at that time.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Another one for the weekend! :D

At long last:

RE-UP LINK as of 29 July 2015: Supper Club NYC 17 August 1997 [BZA 2015 Remaster]

From an original soundboard tape sent kindly by Spzretent ages ago, in the end the cassette transfer was almost good enough for a straight up rip. Cheers Alan!

Only slight & light compression added at times, but overall this sounds fucking tremendous.

There is notable tape hiss at the beginning, and I tried various methods to remove it but none which allowed that "sparkle at the top end" to sound the same... in the end I've left it as it is. The dynamics of this recording are unbelievable. Try listening to this show as loud as you think you'll need from the onset and find yourself almost immediately lost in the mesmerizing, hypnotic and beautifully loud chaos - the waveforms were such a thing of beauty I've included them as a .jpg. ( :oops: )

The unfortunate dip in sound quality at the end of 'Come Together'... it sounds like the source suddenly switches to the monitors? Anyway I did what any other mentalist would do and fired on a bunch of effects mayhem to counteract the sudden loss in clarity...

'All of my thoughts' - never heard it played in this way before.

'Electricity' is by far the best live recording I've heard by the LAG band of this track. Jason's guitar break half way through is truly fucking bonkers...

'I think I'm in love' & 'Cop shoot cop...' Dr. John guests on piano here. Incredible. Makes up for the sound mix of the rest of the show where Thighpaulsandra - although I love him - has his keyboard way too high in the sound mix.

E N J O Y

This is also another 'Nitrous Oxide' gig for those who appreciate such things... 8)
Last edited by BzaInSpace on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Second New download link
O P 8
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Merci beaucoup, looking forward to it :)
good dope/good fun
Known user

That's a sick show.
Thanks BZA.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Oh my Lord, "All Of My Thoughts" is so goddamned beautiful here :shock:
good dope/good fun
Known user

Is it me or is Cop Shoot Cop fucked up?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Sound quality wise or...?
O P 8
good dope/good fun
Known user

Decoding wise.
My track doesn't contain music.
It's all blips and weird sounds.
Will try to download again and see.
A saint
Known user

Post by A saint »

First and foremost, this is incredible. Can't thank you enough, BZA.

Second, I have that problem with "Cop Shoot Cop" too, unfortunately. It's glitchy from end-to-end.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Right thanks for letting me know. I'll do a re-up ASAP and hopefully this will sort it as the source file is fine at this end....
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Right guys I've re-upped the link in the original post. Let me know how it goes....
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

CSC still all stuttery and unlistenable. File date is 24 July.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Annoying... I've upped just 'Cop shoot cop...' itself as a single track, downloaded and playing back OK here.

Let me know, until I upload the whole show again just exchange the distorted file with this one instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejfg6zfk5im96 ... 9.mp3?dl=0
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

"One more time..."

I've just reupped the whole original zipped file again again for the NYC Supper Club 1997 show.

Hoping... praying... it works this time.

Let me know!

I'll leave the standalone upload for 'Cop shoot cop...' above in case!
O P 8
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

have you, or anyone, got the Lisburn show from 2004(?)

it's ok if people don't want to share i get that. but if it's out there in public & nobody minds i'd like a copy if possible.
that as a good night. weird room, not very many people. j initially had thought they were booked to play lisbon & not lisburn so it was a bit of a shock. but, if memory serves (which it prob doesn't), they played a blinder that evening.

but i loved that 3 guitar assault of the amazing grace era. things have gotten a whole lot quieter since - which reminds me, i actually asked the guys at the mixing desk to make it louder at one of the dublin shows a few years ago! must've been around sh/sl.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by BzaInSpace »

I definitely have this show, I was kindly sent really beautifully recorded CDrs many years ago by the taper himself.

Let me get back to you...

Is the Lisbon/Lisburn thing true? Awesome!

I recall an arts centre of some kind?

I loved that triple-guitar thing too. The contemporary live show I saw in the comfortably snug Lemon Tree venue in Aberdeen City early 2004 was fucking ace.

They were ridiculously loud that night, given its a pretty tiny place it was at times an audio and physical assault.

That was the night a lot of Amazing Grace clicked into place for me.

I actually have this show that recently surfaced on the interwebs from a few days later in Manchester, again another small venue.

Will get that one taken care of as its a really good recording, and the latter era Amazing Grace gigs are interesting as they had toured that one up and down the U.S. and the UK for a good two years?

The band anyway had reached this kind of critical mass thing. Sorta like (but not really but actually a damn good analogy) the Miles Davis Septet from 1973 to 1975: early shows were still formative but often brutal gigs, the whole band finding their way through electric mayhem. By 1975 - through constant touring - the same band reached this weird and wired kind of glacial funk noise thing, that could switch up in a heartbeat and deliver wholly when required.

Anyway. Spiritualized...

They seemed to have had to play smaller gigs at that time I think because of reduced interest (sadly) in the UK at the time, however going on that one I saw I like the comparison from the big event shows... to essentially seeing them in your sitting room!

On that note, roll on Brudenell...
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Interesting thing about that CSC recording...

It's the only song at 32,000 instead of 44,100.

Some apps play it fine, others stutter horribly. This pro level app also stutters. (I'm on a Mac)

the program called Cog seems to play it fine.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

BzaInSpace wrote: Let me get back to you...

Is the Lisbon/Lisburn thing true? Awesome!

I recall an arts centre of some kind?

yea Lisburn Arts Centre i think it was. Cheers!

yea the Lisbon thing is true. I've a newspaper clipping/interview w/j from the time.
he was perplexed as to why he was getting calls from northern ireland's press to promote a show in portugal!
i'll have to try & dig it out see if i can get it scanned.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jimbo341
New user

Post by jimbo341 »

Any chance you can post a link to the Espace Foire Lille 19 May 1993 show again? Its a pretty rare one and I'd love to give it a listen!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

big thanks for your excellent work on this Bza... always good to have another boot from 97-98! a golden era in my opinion.

Dr John on I Think I'm In Love? now that sounds intriguing!

the 97 boots are interesting too because (I think?) Kate Radley was still on keys.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

jimbo341 wrote:Any chance you can post a link to the Espace Foire Lille 19 May 1993 show again? Its a pretty rare one and I'd love to give it a listen!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ge1d8h

Thanks go out to BZA, not me.