BZAs Bootleg Requests...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by BzaInSpace »

Greetings,
Following the total destruction of a backup HD earlier this year there's a vast amount of music I've lost forever - mainly my own stuff as well as loads of live recordings and bootlegs. Sadly, unlike the collected works of Maroon 5 which are no doubt generally available, a lot of this stuff is proving hard to get back.

So, I'm putting out a request for any of the following shows - I'm hoping some kinds soul(s) might be willing to upload or share. Ideally I'd be looking for them in the best possible quality. I have scoured the internet for these and any links I have found are either dead or on non-existent sharing sites like megaupload...

Ladies and gentlemen show - Radio City NYC July 2010
The mother of all LAG shows (until the Barbican recordings ever appear) - this was the one that was streamed and in beautiful quality.

I'd also like, for nostalgia alone, any of the recordings of LAG at the Royal Festival Hall in 2009

Spiritualized Acoustic Mainlines - Union Chapel Dec 2007
Was there two nights? Really hoping for the night they did 'Anything More'/'Silent Night'. Loved this bootleg - great sound and a total reverential audience, mad contrast to the Edinburgh 2006 show.

Spiritualized - ABC Glasgow 2008
Again, as I was there... amazing, amazing show and I remember Tufty's boot being a really good one.

Spiritualized - ABC Glasgow 2012
See above!

Spiritualized - Glastonbury 2008
Killer version of 'Shine a Light' with the girls voices spectacularly blending with the farfisa. Astonishing. At one point I had both a rip from the BBC live Glasto footage as well as an audience recording. The BBC show was edited, annoyingly enough to miss the 'Amazing Grace'/'You Lie You Cheat' and into 'Shine a Light' sequence, but the quality was excellent. Obviously the sound quality from the audience member was not so hot but had the whole show...

There was another show from 2008 I really liked - might have been the Pitchfork festival? HQ recording. Anyway, there was an amazing version of 'Cheapster' with some of the wildest dual guitar playing ever. And the country-shuffle version of 'Walking with Jesus' was sublime... if anybody has it or knows what I mean...

There are no doubt more, and if anybody wishes to suggest any please do so. Luckily a lot of the older shows were on or had been saved to CD-Rs so it's just the more recent ones I'd like.

Any help will be extremely gratefully received! :D
O P 8
redcloud
Known user

Re: BZAs Bootleg Requests...

Post by redcloud »

NYC gig on its way to you via dropbox.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i have most of these on my backup drive (to my surprise).

here's the glastonbury recording. it's the full show, but sounds awfully nice to me for an audience recording-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d2dslal1l0n8 ... stival.zip

i had the ABC glasgow 2012 recording but it's gone now. i still have the 2008 ABC show though. standby.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

here's 2008 ABC glasgow-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukfxm9t416wrb ... %20ABC.zip

i'm uploading the first night of acoustic mainlines union chapel shows (which sounds about as perfect as any of those boots managed to) which has 'goodnight goodnight'/'silent night.' i have the second night as well, which doesn't sound as good but includes 'shine a light' and 'too late' in the setlist. i could upload that too if anyone wants it.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

it's amazing how quickly this is going with a fast connection (i'm at a coffee shop because the connection at home is almost as slow as dial-up).

here's the union chapel acoustic mainlines night 1-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67aat4mmkchpz ... Chapel.zip

as far as the others go, i have two versions of the pitchfork festival show- one is my audience recording which really doesn't sound very good but has the full set uninterrupted, including the part during the drawn-out drone in 'take me to the other side' where the PA cut out. the other is a rip of the KEXP stream, which does sound very nice but has 'come together' cut up into tiny bits trying to get all of the 'fucks' out. very distracting. but the rest of it is great. also they didn't play 'walking with jesus' at that one, but did play a great version of 'cheapster' where doggen's guitar amp died and jason played this crazy-sounding wah-wah guitar solo.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Don't know if these are the same versions that others have posted, but thought I'd help out just in case:

Live @ Glastonbury 29.06.08
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9fed58

Live @ NYC Radio City Music Hall 30.07.10
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3s8q2u

Live at London Union Chapel – 09.12.07
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rhizw2

Live at Glasgow ABC – 22.03.2012
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dvudsn

If there's anything else you can think of that you might be missing or might want, even if it's not not Spz, I'm happy for you to drop me a PM, and if I can help, I will. Sometimes takes a while, a busy commute and a 19 month old do take their toll...!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

A MASSIVE thank you to Redcloud, shalloboi, Dreamweapon and Minky for their immediate and kind help with these shows - I owe you all a pint. Great to have some of this again.
shalloboi wrote:Here's the glastonbury recording. it's the full show, but sounds awfully nice to me for an audience recording...
Yeah! This one is the same as Dreamweapon and a cursory listen to 'Shine a Light' 8) and it sounds far, far better than I remember. Could this be another recording? I seem to recall getting a boot of the show via Soulseek way back when, and I don't remember seeing it listed anywhere else. The sound here is really great, so thanks to you both - excellent!

Stuff like this reminds me why I love this forum...
O P 8
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

While we're at it....
Does anyone have the 2002-05-01 show from First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN?

For whatever reason that show didn't make the transfer, and I need to hear something on it.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

good dope/good fun wrote:While we're at it....
Does anyone have the 2002-05-01 show from First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN?

For whatever reason that show didn't make the transfer, and I need to hear something on it.
i do have this show somewhere- it will require some digging, but i'd be glad to look for it when i get home. i used to be friendly with the guy who taped that one- very nice guy! i traded with him for the 2003 denver show as well. that minneapolis show is nice though- great sound, awesome setlist.

i've got the pitchfork stream coming as well. these won't appear as quickly today, though, as my connection at home is really slow.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

you still need this one?
"any of the recordings of LAG at the Royal Festival Hall in 2009"

I've got
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall
in FLAC
Tufty - October 2009
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

alright, i found and uploaded the minneapolis show from 2002.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6d3knth6qoc5 ... 20Ave_.zip

i'll be silk-screening covers for my band's new 7" single that's coming out on tuesday that we did our kickstarter for, so that will be a good way to keep the boots coming as it takes a while for them to upload from my slow connection at home. pitchfork coming up next.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

and finally the pitchfork KEXP stream.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdu35ej8fac20 ... Stream.zip
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

shalloboi wrote: i'll be silk-screening covers for my band's new 7" single that's coming out on tuesday that we did our kickstarter for
sorry if I missed it before, but is there a link to that somewhere?
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

oh and also, thanks everyone for providing some rad bootlegs which I haven't heard before!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I'm currently going through a spindle of about 100 CDs with various SP3 and Spiritualized shows on them and trying to get them onto the PC. Space constraints dictate that I will probably rip them as MP3 but will try and provide links to them as I rip them. Can't recall the quality of most of them, so will gauge as I go along. Might be some interest in some around here.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

https://www.box.com/s/bcmcsmb2fcuodxgrn6jq

2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part1.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part2.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part3.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part4.rar

no password, TUFTY's recording
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

davedecay wrote:https://www.box.com/s/bcmcsmb2fcuodxgrn6jq

2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part1.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part2.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part3.rar
2009-10-12 Ladies+Gentlemen, Royal Festival Hall.part4.rar

no password, TUFTY's recording
Dave, thanks a lot for this also! :D
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Thanks to everybody that contributed here once again - (Dreamweapon - cheers!). Been a great pleasure revisiting the Radio City Ladies and Gentlemen... show, until one of the Barbican shows ever gets a long-rumoured release this'll do nicely. It's such a great sounding stream rip, the masses of instruments and vocal parts are all there in their own space, no squashed sound at all and when things get loud it does so impressively. Awesome stuff...

In a small gesture of thanks here is the first batch of some bootlegs I've ripped from a spindle of CD-Rs - all are recommended and in some cases have been upgraded this last week for your listening pleasure:

Espace Foire Lille 19 May 1993

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txnbidxy2x4p4 ... 201993.zip

A cool early show here - fans of Fucked Up Inside will like this one I think. A strangely aggressive sounding audience - dunno if this was a festival show or something - there is a lot of booing and stuff in the quieter parts so it's great when the band start pummellin the noisy bastards with some Electric Mainline. There a mad moment of pure free Sun-Ra keys madness during 'Walking With Jesus' that surely has to be a mistake, and there is a point during the freak-out in 'Smiles' where it sounds just like 'Electric Phase', similar distortion and rolling echo and everything...
I brought up each track to decent levels as the original recording was pretty quiet.

WNYU College Radio NYC Aug 1996

https://www.dropbox.com/s/145dxq224wwkg ... 201996.zip

1996 used to be the holy grail for the bootleggers as there is so little of the US tour with Neil Young out there (unless anybody can prove otherwise) and the material from the Electricity EP is so damn good. Here is an short and unusual 3-track radio session sent to me years ago, can't remember who by but this person printed the CDRs with artwork and all. Quite a stripped-back, spare sound of the band here. I also boosted the tracks a bit for quality playback...

The Garage 05 Sept 1997

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bmvim2ipogf4 ... 201997.zip

Deep Ellum Dallas 12 Dec 1997

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t69apyh2d4ip5 ... 201997.zip

Couple of great shows with the LAG band. A few months apart but by the Dallas show the whole gig is practically one long segue. The Garage show was originally broadcast on XFM which is why it has that massive, super-compressed sound but a good recording of a good show all the same.
The Deep Ellum gig was known to me as 'The Nitrous Oxide' show and listening a few minutes in will make it obvious why...
A really nice soundboard - there plenty of panning and effects on the instruments and this show has a really druggy, hazy vibe. Love it. Originally one long recording which has been spliced into seperate tracks and early on the sound level dropped a lot, hopefully I've remedied this and brought the whole gig up for maximum impact. Originally sent to me by Shaun back in the day - cheers!

Opera House Toronto 20 Oct 2003

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmkhqusqcu6oa ... 202003.zip

This epic Amazing Grace show is a big favourite of mine, not least for the "Triple-Pronged-Heavy-Mental-Jazz-Guitar" style ripping through most of Amazing Grace as well as classics like 'Come Together' and 'Run'. 8)
Plus, the sound is probably as good as you'll ever get on a bootleg - rich and full with the guitars of Doggen (L), Coxon (Centre) and Jason (R) clear and seperate in the mix. In fact, the quality is so high there were rumours that this was a bootleg from the band itself, at least from a soundboard, possibly from a radio broadcast, who knows. Great show though...
O P 8
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

BzaInSpace wrote:Espace Foire Lille 19 May 1993

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txnbidxy2x4p4 ... 201993.zip

A cool early show here - fans of Fucked Up Inside will like this one I think. A strangely aggressive sounding audience - dunno if this was a festival show or something - there is a lot of booing and stuff in the quieter parts so it's great when the band start pummellin the noisy bastards with some Electric Mainline. There a mad moment of pure free Sun-Ra keys madness during 'Walking With Jesus' that surely has to be a mistake, and there is a point during the freak-out in 'Smiles' where it sounds just like 'Electric Phase', similar distortion and rolling echo and everything...
I brought up each track to decent levels as the original recording was pretty quiet.
This was one of the shows opening for Depeche Mode before they bailed out.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

BzaInSpace wrote: Opera House Toronto 20 Oct 2003

This epic Amazing Grace show is a big favourite of mine, not least for the "Triple-Pronged-Heavy-Mental-Jazz-Guitar" style ripping through most of Amazing Grace as well as classics like 'Come Together' and 'Run'. 8)
Plus, the sound is probably as good as you'll ever get on a bootleg - rich and full with the guitars of Doggen (L), Coxon (Centre) and Jason (R) clear and seperate in the mix. In fact, the quality is so high there were rumours that this was a bootleg from the band itself, at least from a soundboard, possibly from a radio broadcast, who knows. Great show though...
ah, yes! i was thinking about this show a few days ago and how the copy i have buried away somewhere is really degraded, riddled with skips and generally awful. this is the best of the 2003/AG-era boots- i also like the glastonbury 2004 video. my first post on this forum was when i was looking for a copy of the 2003 portland show (which doesn't exist, sadly) which was my first time seeing spiritualized. thanks for sharing this gem!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

cheers Bza, I was thinking about this as well when you were 1st started this thread, but couldn`t for the life of me think of a time and place, just the quality ,
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

There a mad moment of pure free Sun-Ra keys madness during 'Walking With Jesus' that surely has to be a mistake.
Nope, no mistake. That's how they were playing it in 1993.

Thanks for the shows, couple there I haven't heard before :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
burdman72
Known user

Post by burdman72 »

Awesome! Thanks ever so much! When I get a bit more tech savvy I have some things to add. Cheers for now.

As promised here is something, can somebody check to see if it works please and let me know! It's the LSE gig from 1990. Thanks :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzrgbpvp3xfv5 ... 028790.rar
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

sunray wrote:

There a mad moment of pure free Sun-Ra keys madness during 'Walking With Jesus' that surely has to be a mistake.

I dunno, I specifically meant the insanity between 1.58 - 2.10 - that can't be deliberate. If so, then there was a monitor issue, as the keys are suddenly at twice the volume (at least) of the rest of the band.

And thanks for the kind words! Another stash of shows coming soon...
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BzaInSpace wrote:
sunray wrote:

I dunno, I specifically meant the insanity between 1.58 - 2.10 - that can't be deliberate. If so, then there was a monitor issue, as the keys are suddenly at twice the volume (at least) of the rest of the band.

And thanks for the kind words! Another stash of shows coming soon...
It has to be intentional because the exact same thing happened at Glastonbury a month later, although the keys went into freakout overload twice during WWJ on that occasion.

Superb sound on that Dallas '97 gig btw :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

burdman72 wrote:Awesome! Thanks ever so much! When I get a bit more tech savvy I have some things to add. Cheers for now.

As promised here is something, can somebody check to see if it works please and let me know! It's the LSE gig from 1990. Thanks :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzrgbpvp3xfv5 ... 028790.rar
Downloaded and listening to it now! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to all the other generous sharers in the thread :D
alienrendel23
Known user

Post by alienrendel23 »

This is a spectacular thread.
jjh671
New user

Post by jjh671 »

What a spectacular thread! Thanks to all for the incredible contributions.
coffeepotman
Known user

Post by coffeepotman »

Thank you all for your contributions! This is AWESOME! Thank you to everyone who posted
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Spiritualized® Bootleg Series - Volume 2

Post by BzaInSpace »

EDIT! - Using 4shared links for this stuff now. A big FUCK YOU to Dropbox for promising much but failing at the first hurdle as a decent filesharing program!

Alright! Here's another batch of Spiritualized bootleg goodness for your delectation:

Gypsy Ballroom Dallas 20 November 2003

http://www.4shared.com/zip/qv5eMeBq/Gyp ... Novem.html

Another favourite of mine from the later US Amazing Grace shows. Not a soundboard show this time, but a totally amazing audience recording. I found this by pure chance on a blog that sadly no longer exits so I can't even credit the taper, who did mention it was the first show (s)he ever recorded - beautiful. There was nothing I could or want to add to the audio quality here so it's presented as is. The super-mellow intro of 'All of My Tears' into 'Electrcity' is mindblowing. I mention this show at great length over here: http://forum.spiritualized.me/viewtopic ... egs#p85068
Just great! The long, leaning version of 'Cop Shoot Cop...' with an additional freak-out at the end blows me away. The Soledad sax just kills. Anonymous taper: I salute you!

Rockefeller Oslo 11 March 1998

http://www.4shared.com/zip/wOfAU2FY/Roc ... _1998.html

A later LAG era gig which again shows the band at the peak of their completely segued gigs, each song flowing into the other. I got this show many years ago from the legendary Veiko who I believe recorded it - I've done a bit of work in bringing up the levels, especially bass and mid, and I've also split the tracks for convenience. I left some of the segues intact though. TPS's keys are very heavy in the mix here which makes a very rare live appearance of the original version of 'I Am What I Am' sound a bit like ? & The Mysterons...

Radio City Music Hall 30 July 2010

http://www.4shared.com/zip/pTVGT_bc/Rad ... July_.html

I'm posting this just in case anybody out there hasn't heard it already - probably my all-time favourite bootleg and for me easily the cream of the Ladies and gentlemen... bootlegged shows. I've mentioned this one at length before too, but suffice to say it's incredible - I think this is from Shalloboi's audiorip of the live stream and it's absolutely superb. The quality is astonishing, so rich and full and dense and complete. Every instrument and voice is balanced out perfectly and it's great to hear the triple guitar interplay thing so clearly on top of the massed orchestra and choirs (Doggen - Right, Coxon - Centre, J - Left). As the live shows I saw confirmed it's really the 'lesser'(?) tracks on Ladies and gentlemen... that really stand out here - 'All of My Thoughts' stretches right out and it's just incredible. This determined, hypnotic, beautiful mantra and the beautifully ragged horn section - spine-chilling. :shock: I love how the songs here are extended way out and allowed to stretch and breathe. Stunning. And when required this massed band gets very loud indeed.
'I Think I'm In Love' just kills me...
I've removed a few millisecond gaps near the end but otherwise this show is as it was.Cheers Shalloboi...

The Roxy Boston 30 July 2008

http://www.4shared.com/zip/xYPdw_A8/The ... _2008.html

This recording was kindly sent over to me by perfectrx to rework if necessary - his recording was so good there was little I needed to do here. A great show which I believe has never been heard outwith the night itself from the US part of the A&E tour. Hope it's alright sharing this one pal...

Edinburgh Queens Hall 25 Nov 2006

http://www.4shared.com/zip/o1fYR7Lb/Edi ... Nov_2.html

Like the Radio City show... words can never be enough for this gig. I try though...I feel privileged and thankful I witnessed this - the amazing Tufty recorded this Acoustic Mainlines show and apparently he was just a few seats away from me on the right balcony. Compare this to the Union Chapel shows for example - wow! The audience often drown out the band, the whole recording is like a series of spine-tingling moments. Notably J Spaceman often brought this show up later as a real high point - take a listen to the 'Anything More/Ladies and gentlemen...' medley. I challenge you not to be stunned and close to tears at the audience reaction. For an acoustic gig this is so close to the "acid and electricity" of a full on Electric Mainline show... seriously bonkers. Other forces were at work that night and I guess anybody who was there would agree. Some of the audience requests are hilarious - "Whole Lotta Rosie"?
A real shame about Orbital's accident afterwards though. Madness. :shock:

I made some lifelong pals during and after this gig. Incredible. What a night! Stuff like this lives with you forever I think.

Veiko did a recording of this show too from the front stage, but close comparison between the two favours this one just ever slightly simply as the backing singers and string section are clearer, probably due to the recording position above the stage. I attempted a combined pseudo-stereo master of the two recordings but it got tricky really fast. Another time maybe... I increased the stereo depth here and brought up the actual music with mild tweaking of EQ and a touch of compression, the initial recording has the audience louder than everything else. Shame about the whistling bastard! If only he whistled in tune...The atmosphere is still completely contagious. True rock 'n' roll madness - this is a fucking revival! :twisted:

Come Together Remixes 1988

http://www.4shared.com/zip/ML15rGil/Com ... _1998.html

Lastly and not really a bootleg at all, but these tracks are long unavailable and out of print and I don't believe are available anywhere on mp3. By all means prove me wrong of course... I've added the semi-bootleg Richard Fearless 'Dub Together' track as a bonus which is pretty great, the straight up Fearless mix is OK if a tad obvious maybe.
However, the real thrill here is the epic, 16 minute Two Lone Swordsmen Mix, which bears only a passing resemblance to the original. Perhaps Weatherall was asked to "just fuckin' destroy it" also? All tracks ripped direct from initial plays of the vinyl editions just last week so the quality is pretty good I think.

"How big are your eyes?" indeed... :wink:
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

The bastards at Dropbox have suspended my account... :evil:

This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.

This suspension is temporary.

Please visit Dropbox support if you have any questions.

- The Dropbox Team

Hopefully 'temporary' means not too long otherwise I'll have to go through the whole tedious uploading process elsewhere...
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I don't know what the limits are with the free app I use, but Dropbox Pro 100Gb at $9.99/month seems quite an expensive upgrade.

Do you suppose your problem is because you're using the free app, as I imagine most folks here are?

Many thanks bye the way for all the goodies folks have kindly uploaded here - there are quite a few Spiritualized live boots whose names are not familiar from the sizeable collection I have already, but which are currently held hostage by my ancient 30Gb iPod, thanks to Apple's less than friendly customer interfaces!
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

BzaInSpace wrote:The Roxy Boston 30 July 2008
wow, i didn't know this was recorded :D
they opened the set with a surprising and wonderful a capella "amazing graze"
would love to hear this gig again.

thanks, BZA, and perfectrx, hope the dropbox folks write again to let you know it was all a mistake and they'll put you back on right away sir.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Checked just now and they're still down - of course Dropbox have since emailed me offering an upgrade for a monthly charge of £10 - fuck that!

The limit is supposedly 20GB per day - TBH I'm pretty certain I've generated nowhere near that amount of traffic, google reveals many similar tales out there. A shame, I'd tweaked Dropbox to run really fast uploads, certainly way quicker than sendspace and the like, but this is clearly a massive disadvantage!

Strangely enough, links to the previous shows I posted are all still working - the 'Come Together Remixes' are fine too. :?:

Ro - the recording indeed begins that way, then a mad headlong rush through 'You Lie You Cheat' then into 'Shine A Light'.

Will start uploading these again tonight with something else - Dropbox has made my shitlist... :roll:
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

UPDATE... links are back working. Get 'em while you can! 8)
O P 8
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

BzaInSpace wrote: links are back working.
oh crap.. was there a mad rush and they shut them down again?
cause i missed it :(
they're not working now.
thanks tons though, Barry, and everyone who's been sharing things here.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

ro wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote: links are back working.
oh crap.. was there a mad rush and they shut them down again?
cause i missed it :(
they're not working now.
thanks tons though, Barry, and everyone who's been sharing things here.
Ro, try them again, seem to be working from this end, all the recent files are starting to d/l with no error messages.

However, I remain unimpressed with Dropbox and it's fascist tendencies so will upload elsewhere today and will be using it a lot less in the future. Fuck you, Dropbox! :?
O P 8
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

THANK YOU !

!

sorry it was such a bumpy road w dropbox.
this is the first gig i've downloaded from this wonderful thread.
i wish i had something to share.

what a treat it is to hear this show again.
it was a great night and a great show and thanks guys.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

Barry or someone, why is that everytime i try to d/l these gigs i keep getting the error message "this file is invalid"?

i have tried all of the dropbox files and they all say this? any suggestions? i am using WinZip to attempt to open them.

thanks, i horrible with technology.

O-O
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

This is my absolute favourite live Spiritualized recording. It's old I know, but the quality of the performance is incredible. I saw them a few days before this at the Mean Fiddler, a gig I rate as the greatest I ever saw. The version of Feelin' Just Fine was just mind-blowing - during it I crawled into God's lap and had a cuddle, not once, but twice. It sounds pretty much the same here.

Birmingham Edwards No. 8, November 5th 1991.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1gz9cs
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Pat Fish walks with Jesus.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ju6gon

spacemen 3
northampton college
december 1 1987
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Spiritualized® Bootleg Series - Volume 2

Post by BzaInSpace »

Shonn, Ro, and anybody else - those links should be good now, particularly as they were uploaded through 4shared.

http://forum.spiritualized.me/viewtopic ... 26#p116426

Ro - glad that gig means a lot to you. I can only hope the recording enhances the memory of the actual gig!

Mr Runcible - cheers! Will have to check that show out...
O P 8
ro
Known user

Re: Spiritualized® Bootleg Series - Volume 2

Post by ro »

"memory"?

what's that?

no but seriously,
BzaInSpace wrote:Ro - glad that gig means a lot to you
me too :D !
thanks for all the trouble in putting it and the others up.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

runcible wrote:This is my absolute favourite live Spiritualized recording. It's old I know, but the quality of the performance is incredible. I saw them a few days before this at the Mean Fiddler, a gig I rate as the greatest I ever saw. The version of Feelin' Just Fine was just mind-blowing - during it I crawled into God's lap and had a cuddle, not once, but twice. It sounds pretty much the same here.

that is superb Runcible !!! sounds amazing -I just started listening to it - I did see them in `91 but time and memory to be fair leave me without much memory of it tbh, didn't think I would hear a tape this quality from this era and haven`t till tonight so big thanks for sharing this will be listened to a fair bit I think :)
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

BzaInSpace wrote:

I thought I had this one, I guess I confused it with the Dallas show I have. Wow, this sounds incredible and a great performance too. Thanks for posting this one. The link worked fine for me this morning but the night before I was getting the error message...anyway, thanks again. :D
Multi
Known user

Re: Spiritualized® Bootleg Series - Volume 2

Post by Multi »

BzaInSpace wrote:EDIT! - Using 4shared links for this stuff now. A big FUCK YOU to Dropbox for promising much but failing at the first hurdle as a decent filesharing program!
Is there a trick to getting these files to download on 4shared? Nothing seems to be working on this end...
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

ro wrote:THANK YOU !

!
yup, feeling a whole lot of gratitude right now to all you tapers/sharers, &etc.

revisiting this particular boston gig is just simply sending me somewhere i wanna be.

i don't often post in color
so you know i really, really mean it
8)
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

runcible wrote:This is my absolute favourite live Spiritualized recording. It's old I know, but the quality of the performance is incredible. I saw them a few days before this at the Mean Fiddler, a gig I rate as the greatest I ever saw. The version of Feelin' Just Fine was just mind-blowing - during it I crawled into God's lap and had a cuddle, not once, but twice. It sounds pretty much the same here.

Thanks for this ... saw them play the Tivoili in Dublin 12th December 1991 so pretty much the same set list and intensity as this. Lots of strobes and dry ice. Great quality recording for the time. Nice one.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Any help for this gig? The folder is named simply Brixton Webcast.
Files dated from Oct. 2006.

1-Cop Shoot Cop.mp3
2-Electricity.mp3
3-Shine a Light.mp3
4-Born Never Asked.mp3
5-Out of Sight.mp3
6-On Fire.mp3
7-Walking With Jesus.mp3
8-Angel Sigh.mp3
9-Medication.mp3
10-No God Only Religion.mp3
11-Broken Heart.mp3
12-Take Your Time.mp3
13-I Think I'm In Love.mp3
14-Don't Just Do Something.mp3
15-Come Together.mp3
16-Take Me To The Other Side.mp3
17-Lord Can You Hear Me.mp3
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

^^^^
Did you download that from this thread?
They were definitely not laying a set like that down in 2006.
More like 2001 or 2002.
Interesting that they threw in Angel Sigh.

Would be interested in hearing it...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

good dope/good fun wrote:They were definitely not laying a set like that down in 2006.
More like 2001 or 2002.

I agree it sounds very much like a pre Amazing Grace, post Let it Come Down-era set, and I'm sure it's also one I don't have, hence if some kind soul could upload it to Dropbox or Sendspace I would be exceptionally grateful.

I don't have many decent live versions of Out of Sight or particularly Don't Just Do Something hence both of those, I would be very pleased to get to hear on the gig listed above :-)

Also I don't recall Angel Sigh featuring that much live post 1997/LAGWAFIS. I can't imagine that by 2001 onwards Jason would still play it live the way he did in the early and mid-1990s (eg how it sounds on Fucked Up Inside) but I'm struggling to imagine how it would sound around then ... hmm?
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

good dope/good fun wrote:^^^^
Did you download that from this thread?
They were definitely not laying a set like that down in 2006.
More like 2001 or 2002.

No, not from this thread.

The date stamp on my computer files is 2006; not implying the show is from that year - sorry for any (sound of) confusion!

I have no idea what year it's from.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

speaking of 'dope' i decided to Google the band's name and Brixton webcast.

look what turned up!

http://spiritualizedlive.blogspot.com/2 ... -2002.html

2002 it is.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

that's the Brixton Academy gig from 2002. it was a webcast from the xfm website from which they must have grabbed the audio. I used to listen/watch it a lot around that time. don't think I've got it any more though :(
it's a great gig, very bombastic and crunchy like a lot of the shows of the time. I do love the setlist a lot- great to hear Don't Just Do Something. and the version of Angel Sigh is made a bit more 'guitary' and fits right in.
it was introduced back into the setlist on the second leg of the LICD era (just after Jason got rid of the orchestra/strings)- I remember a review of the time referencing it.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Here's one for the weekend - easily the best early Spiritualized gig bootleg I've ever heard, posted recently by Runcible and has now been 'enhanced' by me. Some of you have this already due to 'quality control' processes... :wink:

Quite a revelation to be honest - all the boots I've heard pre-1993 have been poor quality to say the least. This one is a good, bright recording with decent audio range - I've increased the overall presence and boosted slightly in bass and mid, tiny amount on the top end - anyway, see what you think... pretty awesome. J's voice is very low in the mix for most of it (what else is new?) but gets louder near the end. Awesome noise-wah stuff from Jason and some immaculate bass playing by Will:

Edwards Number Eight Birmingham 05 Nov 1991 [Remaster]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f0isy3

Thanks to Runcible and the original, unknown taper - wonder if that person recorded any more?

Interested to hear any feedback to this version, particularly if you're familiar with the original boot...
O P 8
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

'angel sigh' from that brixton 2002 show is far and away my favourite live version of the song- it's so dynamic and clear and the tangent they end up going on at the end couldn't be more perfect. i think the version i have of it was recorded on a tape deck that was in the process of dying because a lot of the tracks feature this warping tape speed sound. such a drag because it's such a perfect sounding show! the guitars all sound so crunchy and amazing.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

BzaInSpace wrote:Here's one for the weekend - easily the best early Spiritualized gig bootleg I've ever heard, posted recently by Runcible and has now been 'enhanced' by me. Some of you have this already due to 'quality control' processes... :wink:

Quite a revelation to be honest - all the boots I've heard pre-1993 have been poor quality to say the least. This one is a good, bright recording with decent audio range - I've increased the overall presence and boosted slightly in bass and mid, tiny amount on the top end - anyway, see what you think... pretty awesome. J's voice is very low in the mix for most of it (what else is new?) but gets louder near the end. Awesome noise-wah stuff from Jason and some immaculate bass playing by Will:

Thanks to Runcible and the original, unknown taper - wonder if that person recorded any more?

Interested to hear any feedback to this version, particularly if you're familiar with the original boot...
can`t really offer up much in comparison , but need to say aftyer a few listens over the last couple a weeks , the 2nd version a Angel Sigh ??? f#ck me... the horn , sax/ trumpet sounds amazing , mindblowing version , everything just seems to fall into place,
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Excellent work Bza - I already had this show, and its one of the better ones from that era, but your work has certainly brightened it up. I my have to dig old the old version to compare. Thanks very much for your efforts. 8)

BzaInSpace wrote:Here's one for the weekend - easily the best early Spiritualized gig bootleg I've ever heard, posted recently by Runcible and has now been 'enhanced' by me. Some of you have this already due to 'quality control' processes... :wink:

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

big thanks to Bza for this, gonna listen to it tonight if I get time...

re: the Brixton show, there's actually two versions circulating, a rip from the webstream (I reckon the 'warped tape' noises could be the stream buffering or glitching.. I remember it wasn't totally reliable) and there is also an audience recording.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Thanks for this fantastic boot BZA! I'm enjoying it very much at the moment.
jmb066
Known user

Post by jmb066 »

BZA have you ever considered improving the BBC/Peel sessions as you did with Fucked Up Inside? You did a great job of improving the sound on that release. I am surprised J has not released the BBC/Peel sessions officially. Would be a great 2cd release in-between recording the next album.

Take care,

Jason
Jason Burkett
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

jmb066 wrote:BZA have you ever considered improving the BBC/Peel sessions as you did with Fucked Up Inside? You did a great job of improving the sound on that release. I am surprised J has not released the BBC/Peel sessions officially. Would be a great 2cd release in-between recording the next album.

Take care,

Jason
Hi Jason, sure. Time is very, very short at the moment for this stuff but I'll definitely get around to it, some great recordings there. I think I have a CDR somewhere of the BBC Sessions - maybe you want to confirm what ones you are looking for? Ideally I'd be starting off with the best quality versions - I may need these uploaded.

Cheers
O P 8
jmb066
Known user

Post by jmb066 »

Cool thanks, I was thinking of the LGM sessions that were available as a bootleg, though the sound is ok some songs better than others and your remasters could definitely improve some of these recordings until hopefully a official release is compiled. The more recent recordings are pretty good overall.

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Burkett
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Yeah, there was that comp of the later ones posted up here a few years back - the 1998 Mary Anne-Hobbes live tracks were straight from the BBC's own archive I believe. OK. Will look into this...
O P 8
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

The second version of Angel Sigh on the Edward's boot is actually from MTV 120 Minutes session where they played Medication, Angel Sigh, Shine A Light/White Light White Heat and Smiles
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

angelsighs wrote:big thanks to Bza for this, gonna listen to it tonight if I get time...

re: the Brixton show, there's actually two versions circulating, a rip from the webstream (I reckon the 'warped tape' noises could be the stream buffering or glitching.. I remember it wasn't totally reliable) and there is also an audience recording.
I have the Brixton audience recording on CD. One of my favourite ever Spz shows.