new band members permanent

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Diesel
New user

new band members permanent

Post by Diesel »

are the new members on drums, bass, and keyboard permanent or just joining on the us tour? I'm an old school fan and definitely used to member changes over the year but so far what I heard from youtube And post I am still undecided. I'll be going to the hopscotch festival in North Carolina and the also DC and Philly shows so that should give me a good idea. regardless love Jason and everything he does. he makes beautiful music and the rest are support to the art of music he creates. I am a big fan of Tom Edwards on keyboard and really like Kevin bales. also seems like the new background singers are a little weaker.
James T
Known user

Re: new band members permanent

Post by James T »

I'm led to believe the new members are permanent as can be when it's involving Spiritualized.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

James T wrote:I'm led to believe the new members are permanent as can be when it's involving Spiritualized.
So after your Holmfirth experience that's bad news for you and good news for me I guess...?
alienrendel23
Known user

Post by alienrendel23 »

"permanent" - You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

alienrendel23 wrote:"permanent" - You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:
nor do the band members!

just kidding, but yeah i would agree with Diesel i'm a fan of the same lineup. with the additional guitarist it gives them a denser sound. i do also miss ThighPaul, i always liked the free form moments he created live.

personally i would have loved it if Sean Cook played in the last incarnation.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

runcible wrote:
James T wrote:I'm led to believe the new members are permanent as can be when it's involving Spiritualized.
So after your Holmfirth experience that's bad news for you and good news for me I guess...?
Ha, in retrospect it wasn't that bad a show for me. I wasn't up for much that week and a new line-up with extra noise didn't agree with my state. Looking forward to seeing another once the've got more shows behind them. I don't doubt I would love it next time when prepared and not sick!