Austin Psych Fest

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

kojak
New user

Austin Psych Fest

Post by kojak »

no thread on this? hmmmm. well, normally i'm a lurker but here's my write up...part two should be up tomorrow and has some interviews with people behind the scenes including Christian Bland of the Black Angels discussing the past, present, and future of the festival. it was a classic weekend, one of the best i've ever had. looking forward to next year, they should be able to get a pretty great lineup put together once again. surprised noone here was talking about it or looking forward to it.

EDIT: well, of course there are other threads about this. did a search and didn't see anything. must not have had the search look in Gigs. sorry 'bout that.

http://headmedicine.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -part.html

**message from mods - moved this to the gig bit which is where it should be. And there are other threads on the Austin Psych Fest here too!**
purespace
Known user

Re: Austin Psych Fest

Post by purespace »

lots of APF love (and envy) round these parts. lovely write up. thanks for the link
I think I feel it coming on
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

thanks for this- really enjoyed reading your article. I like the way you talked about what the bands were like, but also the whole atmosphere and feel of the site/festival itself- very important.

glad to hear BRMC went down well. I do think they are kind of a weird one on there though- I would imagine they have sold a few more records than most of the bill, and although they have psych elements they are not psych per se. I wondered whether the crowd might have looked down on them in some way
kojak
New user

Post by kojak »

cool. glad ya liked it.

here's part 2, interviews with Christian Bland, Oswald James (psych fest filmographer), and San Francisco dj Al Lover who was the man behind the killer between band muzak that weekend.

http://headmedicine.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -2013.html