Hopscotch Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Hopscotch Festival

Post by angelsighs »

setlist via twitter... Home of The Brave is back! (presumably also including The Individual?)
anyone attend?

The Road (let's go)
Hey Jane
Electricity
Home Of The Brave
Lord Let It Rain on Me
Perfect Miracle
Rated X
Oh Baby
She Kissed Me
Let's Dance
Cheapster
I Am What I Am
So Long You Pretty Things
I Think I''m In Love
Diesel
New user

Re: Hopscotch Festival

Post by Diesel »

I was very fornuate to attend. they did a sound check in the afternoon without Jason and doggen played and sung black bird from The Beatles which was totally amazing. caught up with him after the sound check and actually remembered my name for a late night encounter. I told him I was going to the DC and Philly shows and he stated that he'd put me on the list. of course I want to pay to support them so they can continue to make beautiful records and keep touring. the show was good but really looking forward to tonight's show as I feel spiritualized sounds better indoors. still great set list. Jason was just arriving shortly after the sound check and I very briefly had the privilege to shake his hand and thank him for all the wonderful music that has changed my life over the last 20 years.

so while I staggered back to my hotel after some other bands that I saw from the festival from a distance I saw Jason getting into the tour bus so I walked over, knocked on the door and they actually opened up. Jason, doggen and the new keyboard player (Eric?) came out offered me a beer which I kindly accepted though didn't need an ounce more. Jason had other plans but doggen and the keyboardist went to see another band and I joined them on what seemed like a forever stroll and enjoyed every second of it to the venue. I know I asked the new keyboardist how he got together with spiritualized but I was quite wasted and don't remember what he said. saw maybe the last 10 minutes of the band sleep. I wasn't too fond of it and remember telling doggen that it was very similar to revolution, well that's what was processing through my damaged brain cells. of course revolution is an awesome song. offered to buy them a beer while the crowd was leaving but unfortunately no beer could be sold after 2-am. was a large crowd and I'm sure they probably wanted to shake me off their tails anyway so after leaving the venue I looked around and couldn't find them. not worries as what an incredible experience hanging out and speaking with your favorite all time band. think crappy pop hate to call them artists but artists like Justin bibber having contests to meet them. doggen and the keyboardist are truly class act people oh and yeah pretty amazing artists. Jason was definitely cool but pretty brief. I hope to get another chance like this again and who knows maybe even tonight! I will post after the DC and Philly shows and add more around the set list and the songs. definite stand outs were home of the brave, LGWFIS, and liked all his new songs. I'm a bad critic as they could play marry had a little lamb and I'd still be in heaven. I forgot to ask for one request to hear sway. after probably 20 shows over the last 20 years I've never heard that song and one of my favs.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

wow that's an awesome story, thanks for that!

the setlists are looking pretty nice at the moment. UK tour before end of year please Spaceman!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

that is a great story, - hope you have another couple of great nights.

Setlist looks ok, but it not quite as fresh and exciting as Holmeforth... Jason does seem to really like the rated x / oh baby combo doesn't he.
t0kdag0n
Known user

Post by t0kdag0n »

I was at Raleigh and am also happy to report the new band is in full flight. A smoke show. The second they announced Spritualized and Sleep were on the same bill I knew I would be there in full force. Some of my friends who attended the fest and are not major league Spritualized fans walked away with their craniums partially in tact. Have to say I'm a fan of the heavy presence of the Amazing Grace tunes (bring out Never Going Back, boys!). Kid Millions adds some horse power without being overly heavy handed. A wonderful development in Spaceland.

The room they are playing this Sunday in Columbus is tiny. It will get destroyed, no question.
t0kdag0n
Known user

Post by t0kdag0n »

The did play Ladies and Gents, which isn't on the posted set list, and they closed with an epic Take Good Care of It.
dlxnc3467
New user

Post by dlxnc3467 »

Great show in Raleigh, its taking me longer than I would have liked but I am working on a short video clip of the "think im in love" closer. The crowd was more interesting (being nice) than usually with beach balls and glowsticks from the dance party headlining the night before. :roll:
I like to think many of them were pleasantly surprised.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

angelsighs wrote:setlist via twitter... Home of The Brave is back! (presumably also including The Individual?)
anyone attend?

The Road (let's go)
Hey Jane
Electricity
Home Of The Brave
Lord Let It Rain on Me
Perfect Miracle
Rated X
Oh Baby
She Kissed Me
Let's Dance
Cheapster
I Am What I Am
So Long You Pretty Things
I Think I''m In Love

Here It Comes (The Road, Let's Go Down)
Hey Jane
Electricity
Home of the Brave
Lord Let It Rain on Me
Perfect Miracle
Rated X
Oh Baby
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)
Let's Dance
Cheapster
I Am What I Am
So Long You Pretty Thing
Encore:
I Think I'm in Love
Take Your Time
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”