2003-10-18 - Le Spectrum, Montreal, QC

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

perfectrx
Known user

2003-10-18 - Le Spectrum, Montreal, QC

Post by perfectrx »

Was looking through a box to see if there was a digital copy of an early Spectrum show that I recorded. Didn't find what I was looking for, but this one was there. I don't think that it has ever been shared.

I'm a bit confused looking at that tour history. I swear that I was in Providence, RI at Lupo's (suffering through the worst crowd that was fouling up my recording) then decided to make the drive north to Montreal. From what I can tell, that was not the routing… but whatever. It's all a blur.

This was the seventh and last of that tour for me. There are minidiscs of all of it in storage, but they were all flawed in one way or another. And other copies showed up for a lot of it.

This one was pretty great. It was a random decision - friend from San Francisco called and said that she was visiting Montreal and that they were playing. Free place to stay and she beer'd me like a pro during the entire way through. Of all of those shows, this was the most respectful crowd and the best capture. I think the only disruption was some revelry with a guy that was sharing some weed.

It's a little boomy and loud, but it's a big room. I never finished this properly because I thought there was something wrong with the second half. Listening back again, I think it's fine. This is an MP3 rip of a minidisc to wav to CD transfer. During that era, I probably used Soundforge to normalize and cut it up. I think there was a minidisc change between Never Going Back and The Ballad of Richie Lee. Set is typical of that tour, but Cop Shoot Cop was played that night. It's nice.

Bza - if you want to analyze and determine that this is up to par, I can share Flacs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/525 ... ntreal.zip
(available here for a week or so)

- Prx
perfectrx
Known user

Re: 2003-10-18 - Le Spectrum, Montreal, QC

Post by perfectrx »

I think I just finally figured out the flaw in the second half. Sit tight. Will repost after a little surgery.
Last edited by perfectrx on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

would love to have FLAC if it's possible, can wait until BZA does magick if necessary.
perfectrx
Known user

Post by perfectrx »

I fixed that thing and it still feels pretty smooth even with a sort of hack edit. There is still something between Cop Shoot Cop and Take Your Time that doesn't feel perfect, but this is what I've got. The master is literally in a box far away. And the thought of transferring minidiscs is just plain sad.

I don't generally distribute MP3. I can't consider this one perfect, but still a great listen. It's been in the dark for years because I never thought it was fit for other ears. The good ones are are only shared as flac. There is something off with this one and I don't have access to anyone that will give it the attention. So... have at it if you like. I can make fixes.
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

Thanks for the share :)