Sharon Jones @ Double Door, Chicago 2/18/05

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

TheWarmth
Known user

Sharon Jones @ Double Door, Chicago 2/18/05

Post by TheWarmth »

Is anyone else going to this show? If so, please let me know. If not, I'll report back early next week with a review.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Gig report: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings are fucking amazing! I'm fairly certain that it will end up being one of the best shows I see all year. The Daps are the tightest band I've ever seen, easily.

Here's the freaked out part: I met Sharon before the gig started. She signed my poster and asked if I had any weed (I didn't ... wups). About three or four songs into the gig, she motions for my buddy standing next to me to come up on stage and dance, which he did in a funny white guy way. A few songs later, I ask her if she's going to play the song that's a duet with Lee Fields. She says, of course not, he's not here (duh). THEN, she pulls me up on the stage and sings a similar kinda song to me (so I have to kinda awkwardly hang out on stage as if I'm the dude in the song and groove through the entire thing). At the end we do some silly dirty dance together and then she fucking kisses me!!!! I sure as hell didn't expect that to happen. Holy shit. Luckily I have two friends who went with me to validate the story.

Short version ~ GO SEE THEM LIVE AT ALL COSTS!!!
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

thanks for the head's up, they're playing cambridge in april and i'll check that out. i think i'll stay away from the stage though...

TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yeah, she certainly isn't a Kate Radley.