LOOP + GODFLESH - London June 4/5

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

James T
Known user

LOOP + GODFLESH - London June 4/5

Post by James T »

https://www.atpfestival.com/events/loopgodflesh2014.php

With great pleasure we announce that Loop and Godflesh will play two very special shows at Heaven in London on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th June. There will be a different running order each night with no support act, with Loop headlining on 4th and Godflesh headlining on the 5th. The Thursday show will be an early show, starting at 18:30 with a curfew of 22:00.

Sharing a rich history of collaboration dating back to the early 90s, the two bands are certain to provide two intense and spectacular evenings when they share the stage this June.

"Brothers in arms, kindred spirits... call it what you will. There was always a bond and forever shall remain one. Loop and Godflesh back together, where they belong." - Loop

"One of our fondest memories from the early days of GODFLESH is when LOOP, at the peak of their popularity, offered us to support them on a extensive UK tour. 'Streetcleaner' had only just been released and was gaining momentum, LOOP opened doors for us and presented us to an unsuspecting public... This forged the bond between LOOP and GODFLESH forever, and now we can share a stage once more, something that I don't think either band considered would ever happen again, so it is with immense pleasure that we can announce this union." - Godflesh
runcible
Site Admin

Re: LOOP + GODFLESH - London June 4/5

Post by runcible »

Nice cheap tickets then? :)

...actually that's a tad harsh - that place is always likely to be expensive...
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Bullshit!

Why be coy Runcible? What you really meant to say was:

A couple of heritage acts riding the "psychedelic" nostalgia-fest charge whatever they feel they can get away with.

Why should Heaven be different from any other London venue, particularly regarding the ticket price? Other than the immaculate looking bar staff... somebody's milking it.
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

25 pounds, is it?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Don't godflesh always cost about 17 to see anyway? £12.50 a band? If you don't wanna pay don't go, it's not difficult. For the price of an LP you can see the band live, that is fine. Maths does make it look like this is a reasonable pay day, but I don't give a shit.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

James T wrote:Don't godflesh always cost about 17 to see anyway? £12.50 a band? If you don't wanna pay don't go, it's not difficult. For the price of an LP you can see the band live, that is fine. Maths does make it look like this is a reasonable pay day, but I don't give a shit.
I had no intention of going. I don't give a shit either. :wink:
O P 8
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I didn't mean to aim that at anyone in particular, just generally anyone who thinks it is too expensive.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I'd pay that, but the airfare makes it bad for me.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Have you seen that show in Paris? Slowdive & Loop with support from Hookworms. Quite the show!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

James T wrote:Have you seen that show in Paris? Slowdive & Loop with support from Hookworms. Quite the show!
That's a pretty impressive line up...maybe a honeymoon option for me and Mrs Shines?! :wink:

PS: Runcible won't be interested in it if it's more than a tenner! :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Like £23 if you buy before 8th March, £30 afterwards. Something like that.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

I saw that exact same line up at the Town & Country Club in about 1991. Just saying.

I'd like to say I saw Godflesh at the School of Oriental & African Studies but I spent most of their set in the foyer along with pretty much everyone who went along. Ridiculously and stupidly loud and to be fair, not exactly easy on the ear at the best of times.

Only other band I saw at Heaven were Doctor & the Medics, pre Spirit in the Sky obviously.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

nickh wrote:I saw that exact same line up at the Town & Country Club in about 1991. Just saying.

I'd like to say I saw Godflesh at the School of Oriental & African Studies but I spent most of their set in the foyer along with pretty much everyone who went along. Ridiculously and stupidly loud and to be fair, not exactly easy on the ear at the best of times.

Only other band I saw at Heaven were Doctor & the Medics, pre Spirit in the Sky obviously.
I was definitely at that T&CC gig. I remember thinking how untogether Loop were compared to the previous times I had seen them. I recall it being really oppressively loud too. I'm also pretty sure I was at the Godflesh gig at SOAS and recall being surprised at how few turned up. Obviously everybody else was outside. I had ringing in my ears for days after the Godflesh gig, which made my working life miserable. I don't remember much else about the show though.......
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:PS: Runcible won't be interested in it if it's more than a tenner! :lol:
If it's Loop headlining I'd pay not to go after the debacle at the Brudenell in December.

I'd happily pay a tenner to see Hookworms though - but they tend to be a cheaper ticket than that! :)
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

olan wrote:
nickh wrote:I saw that exact same line up at the Town & Country Club in about 1991. Just saying.

I was definitely at that T&CC gig. I remember thinking how untogether Loop were compared to the previous times I had seen them. I recall it being really oppressively loud too. I'm also pretty sure I was at the Godflesh gig at SOAS and recall being surprised at how few turned up. Obviously everybody else was outside. I had ringing in my ears for days after the Godflesh gig, which made my working life miserable. I don't remember much else about the show though.......
That right there is an abiding memory of Loop. I saw them a few times and always enjoyed but the only time they really lived up to all I thought they could have been was at the last London show at Kilburn. Quite amazing they were that night.

Glad someone else remembers Godflesh at SOAS. I seem to recall they were supporting Killdozer that night, I wouldn’t know for certain as I was well on my way home by the time they would have been on.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

I saw Loop and Godflesh in Feb 1990. I'll always remember Robert's response to a heckle: "If you don't like it you can fuck off. No one's keeping you here". Love that line.
Also on the tape from that night is my sister saying: "What are you supposed to do to this music?". Which would be a great title for a bootleg lp.
Heavy Tourism
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

This show is also gonna be in Leeds now. Strange when they just played there!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

James T wrote:This show is also gonna be in Leeds now. Strange when they just played there!
What do you reckon Mark? Cheap night out?? :lol:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Glasgow too now, nearly a tenner cheaper than london.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

olan wrote:
James T wrote:This show is also gonna be in Leeds now. Strange when they just played there!
What do you reckon Mark? Cheap night out?? :lol:
After the debacle last December my Loop days are behind me.
burdman72
Known user

Post by burdman72 »

I saw the same line up, with the addition of World Domination Enterprises at Shelleys in Longton (Stoke), which, at the time was a massive rave/dance venue. Not much dancing was done that night! But it was still a bloody good night, I remember the dance floor shaking....