BJM Tour 2014 UK

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spzranger
Known user

BJM Tour 2014 UK

Post by spzranger »

http://www.brianjonestownmassacre.com/? ... -tour-2014

Can't wait!

Brighton on Saturday 28th for me I think. I assume the June 29th date is Glastonbury for those lucky enough to have been able to get tickets.

Will we see any Spiritualized dates in the UK this summer I wonder?
angelsighs
Known user

Re: BJM Tour 2014 UK

Post by angelsighs »

nice one. Birmingham for me.
I've never actually seen them before. god knows what they are like live these days.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

as far as i know the past three tours have been relatively incident free. anton had to stop drinking in 2009.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

Thanks for the info.
They were really dull when I saw them in 2007 but I have listened to a lot more of their stuff since then so maybe its time to given them another chance.
Heavy Tourism
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

plastic37 wrote:Thanks for the info.
They were really dull when I saw them in 2007 but I have listened to a lot more of their stuff since then so maybe its time to given them another chance.
Agreed. Their 2007 tour was pretty bad. But, to be fair they have been much better since and as shalloboi points out, much of it because of Anton's sobriety. If anything one could say that they do tend to tour an obvious "greatest hits" set list with a couple newer tunes thrown in for good measure. This really hasn't changed for years. But, from what I have heard of the latest demos they are moving back towards a structured band sound with "songs" and less of just Anton and his Icelandic mates in the studio. I really love that tune "Days Weeks Moths".
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

They are coming to Leeds. Sadly it's the Cockpit which is full of OTT bouncers, indifferent bar staff and a shocking sound system. I'll probably go though...
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

When I saw them in 2008 they were pretty awful, but when I saw them again in 2012 in London after Aufheben was released they were excellent. If I remember Anton had sobered up, Will Carruthers was playing and so was Matt Hollywood who had rejoined the band. Hopefully this tour will be the 2012 vintage.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Ticket bought for Dublin :D

Last time I saw them (07, 08? Might have been later) someone chucked an egg at Anton :roll:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five