Drill Festival

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Drill Festival

Post by angelsighs »

check this out.. Wire (the band, not the magazine) are curating a festival down in Brighton.. a very tasty lineup! The Wire and Swans collaboration sounds interesting in particular and I've always wanted to see Mono.

http://thequietus.com/articles/16265-dr ... swans-wire
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Drill Festival

Post by Shinesalight »

I wasn't that blown away with the line up to be honest, though not sure if many more acts are to be added...especially as they're stretching this over 4 nights in various venues around the city. In fairness, most festival line-ups are going to struggle to live up to this Saturday's in Liverpool. :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:I wasn't that blown away with the line up to be honest, though not sure if many more acts are to be added...especially as they're stretching this over 4 nights in various venues around the city. In fairness, most festival line-ups are going to struggle to live up to this Saturday's in Liverpool. :wink:
I'll be amazed if we're capable of living up to this Saturday's lineup in Liverpool on Sunday TBH. Particularly if Friday is as messy as it was last year..... :oops:
Huxley123
Known user

Post by Huxley123 »

That line up looks very strong imo. Wonder how they will split it over the days though
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

As I mentioned previously in the thread, I wasn't that impressed with this line up and the concept of it being played at various venues across town over 4 nights. However, that may all change as they are about to announce a second wave of bands. Watch this space.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

2nd wave of bands and who plays what day has now been announced and, I must admit, I'm still not that tempted (and I live in Brighton!):-

http://www.drillfestival.com
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

it is actually quite an appealing lineup to me, but when you say its across however many venues it kinda puts me off.