KIKAGAKU MOYO - The Roadhouse, Manchester, 7th June 2015

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

James T
Known user

KIKAGAKU MOYO - The Roadhouse, Manchester, 7th June 2015

Post by James T »

After the success of last year's show, we bring them back for their only UK show outside of London...

The Beauty Witch & Dots and Loops present

Kikagaku Moyo / 幾何学模様
+ Support TBA
https://www.facebook.com/events/912843925412715

To anyone who has heard the music of Kikagaku Moyo, it should come as no surprise that the band’s origins lie in hours upon hours of late-night jamming, illuminated by nothing more than the geometric patterns playing behind the band’s eyelids, resulting in a natural, free-floating sound, as of-the-earth as it is intergalactic. It may be surprising that the band sharpened their improvisational skills by busking on the streets of their native Tokyo. It may be surprising that the band’s overall sound may owe as much or more to the Incredible String Band as it does to Acid Mother’s Temple.

But what’s perhaps most surprising about Forest of Lost Children, the band’s face-melting, recorded-ritual sophomore album, is how utterly centered and mature the band sounds, especially given their relatively short lifespan as a band. Boundless though they may be, Kikagaku Moyo here sound anything but lost, their child-like wonder manifested in a confident, courageous exploration of sound. Labels – psychedelic, folk, prog-rock, psychedelic-folk-mixed-with-prog-rock – do little to accurately reflect the spectrum of influences on display, let alone the more impactful realization of completeness in Kikagaku Moyo’s songs.

Tickets £8 adv
Laz69
Known user

Re: KIKAGAKU MOYO - The Roadhouse, Manchester, 7th June 2015

Post by Laz69 »

Fuck sake James! :lol:

Is this the night after Eternal Tapestry? Now i have a real decision to make!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

A few days before that show, and then we also have our 9th birthday special after that! Busy week for me...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Yeah... so many shows floating about at that time. I thought i was gonna have to come down there to see Earthless after they announced last week but they're coming to Glasgow. I'd loved to come back down for Kikagaku again, but i think i'll stick with Eternal Tapestry this time round.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I've not seen these before but take it they're worth it? They're playing with Eternal Tapestry in London this June. Quite tempted.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

If you have a chance to catch them, go see it. They were incredible last year in Manchester.